3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.12%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-30, 15:54   Link #701
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Meybe the Knightmares can read the mind of the pílot !
Ramong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 16:11   Link #702
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
You're correct. There should only be a single embassy and one ambassador assigned to a particular country. Any diplomatic facility outside of the official embassy is more likely the consulate (which would make the eunuch a consul, not an ambassador), and its primary purpose is to conduct economic affairs, not diplomatic ones. Then again, Code Geass is probably not trying to be realistic in this case.
Maybe the Embassy was there before the britannians came in? That would make sense.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 16:40   Link #703
4Tran

It would only retain its embassy status if China were to continue to recognize Japan as a sovereign nation. If this were the case, China would refuse to see the Britannian authorities on an official basis. Obviously this isn't the situation, so either it's just a consulate, or we should regard Code Geass as less than realistic.
Old 2008-04-30, 16:56   Link #704
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
May I know how the pilots and the KF are linked considering there isn't any helmet or cable feature?
It is pretty obvious with Suzaku and Kallen outfits.
They have the suit thing on like you said, which is supposed to be tied with the synchronization to the mech, so I'd imagine just regular old body to handle connection. Like I said, since Kallen and Urabe perceived time slower they in turn would react within that time frame, thus they would slow or bring the Knightmares to a stop themselves in connection to the influence of Rolo's Geass. It's all we have man, just roll with it, I gave up trying to fight it after Turn 3 and Turn 4.... >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 18:09   Link #705
FuzzyWuzzy

Rollo's mecha has unique powers in episode 1. It will be revealed later on. It has a pulse thing on its shoulders. Come on people! It's basic math!

1 + 1 cannot be.
You need to borrow from zero.
Which equals 12.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 18:16   Link #706
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Rollo's mecha has unique powers in episode 1. It will be revealed later on. It has a pulse thing on its shoulders. Come on people! It's basic math!

1 + 1 cannot be.
Which equals 12.
Pulse thing on its shoulders is one thing, which wasn't exactly a unique concept if you watched Big O, but Geass is another. If it was so awesome that sniper bullet wouldn't have been a problem, it shouldn't have been a problem the way the staff has portrayed it but there you go, they went with only a time-perception based power and that's what we have to work with. Whatever, I give up at this point >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 18:21   Link #707
Jestersage

Quote:

1 + 1 cannot be.
Which equals 12.
The pulse thing is the factsphere, originally mounted at the chest on Lancelot.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 18:36   Link #708
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, the spheres are the usual sensors of Knightmare Frames. These really similar to Suntherland head sensor. (same noise, shape is almost the same etc).
Old 2008-04-30, 18:39   Link #709
KrimzonStriker

Oh my bad, I actually thought he was talking about the electro-pulverizer built into the Vincent's elbow. Well, now you see, they're isn't anything really anything that demonstrates the Vincent has more then what typically all the other Knightmares posses that would explain the disappearing act better. I kind of wish there was but its Sunrises call I guess... >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 18:59   Link #710
Jestersage

I find it funny that people just repeat what I said.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 19:23   Link #711
FuzzyWuzzy

Those things are factspheres? Hmmm.... hmmmmm.....
I need to think about this for a second.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 20:11   Link #712
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Those things are factspheres? Hmmm.... hmmmmm.....
I need to think about this for a second.
what do you need to think about? They're factspheres, just compare them with any of the other ones. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:32   Link #713
FrostWolf

how could you not know they were factspheres?
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:27   Link #714
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostWolf View Post
how could you not know they were factspheres?
That's what I was thinking. I mean, they blink, then immediately they cut to the inside of a Knightmare's scanner readouts. I mean, it isn't rocket science. Or is it?
Old 2008-05-01, 00:54   Link #715
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

What exactly is Li within the federation, a general, politician? He just executed his superior and the other officers didn't do a thing about it...I'm guessing he holds considerable power within China.

I'm curious as to what role he will play, the guy seems nice but with a hella dark side lol

Last edited by Revolutionist; 2008-05-01 at 00:55. Reason: original question too vague
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:56   Link #716
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
What exactly is Li? He just executed his superior and the other officers didn't do a thing about it...
A military officer of the Chinese Federation.
I think the others didn't do anything because they didn't like Gaohai either. Poor Gaohai...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 03:03   Link #717
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
What exactly is Li within the federation, a general, politician? He just executed his superior and the other officers didn't do a thing about it...I'm guessing he holds considerable power within China.

I'm curious as to what role he will play, the guy seems nice but with a hella dark side lol
If you think logically, Gaohai's actions after being Geassed only translates to three possibilities according to the mainland Government; he is either a traitor/bribed, went insane, or was acting against his will. The first two options would warrant killing him on the spot, something China has always feel no quams about since the dawn of time. Option 3 was the real cause, but that was not discovered because he said he did it voluntarily.

After he was executed, a deal was struck to cover it all up and claim Gaohai was killed by BK. It's because option 3 is actually the preferred story China wanted. Now that he is dead, China can say he was acting against his will and no one can say otherwise. Thus a diplomatic incident would be avoided.
Old 2008-05-01, 03:18   Link #718
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
hi guys. how r u? can't wait to see what's gonna happen to nunally (she's under captived by V.V.). and then come on lelouch, will you please get rid of that Rolo?

(yeah, he's not your brother and he's a mass murderer and he has a CLOCK UP ability. nice acting lelouch. Congratulations.)

oh well.......
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 04:46   Link #719
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It would only retain its embassy status if China were to continue to recognize Japan as a sovereign nation. If this were the case, China would refuse to see the Britannian authorities on an official basis. Obviously this isn't the situation, so either it's just a consulate, or we should regard Code Geass as less than realistic.
According to the wikipedia:

Li Xingke
Currently bodyguard of the influential eunuch Gaohai, sent by the Federation as a consul to the Britannian colony Area 11, he accompanies him on his mission to the region.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-05-01 at 15:01. Reason: Removed spoiler line.
tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 08:57   Link #720
4Tran

I don't know if wikipedia can ever be considered a reliable source of information, but it's nice to see it back up the proper terminology. Unfortunately, it's within Gaohai's powers to intervene in diplomatic affairs, which is the province of the ambassador, so he doesn't behave like a consul.