AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-25, 14:41   Link #1
HolySheepy

Clannad-style?

Hi,

any anime similar to clannad? (No Air or Kanon); I just finished watching it and not gonna watch the after-story thingy (I just don't like these "ten years later"/after-high-school plots;
plus
Spoiler:

So, I liked clannad pretty much, It had some romance moments, but not all the way over;
it had some nice comedy but also well-placed tragic, sad and serious moments. I liked that mix pretty much, since most other Anime i've seen or looked at on anime database seem to focus heavily on either comedy or romance
And I liked the drawing style, it was pretty nice.
Also I liked the well placed Fuko-part, that had a bit of that "magic" stuff but not as much as other anime (including Kanon) have

Last edited by HolySheepy; 2009-06-25 at 15:48.
Old 2009-06-25, 15:55   Link #2
Statonxyb
hrm

Spoiler for After Story:
Old 2009-06-25, 16:09   Link #3
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySheepy View Post
Hi,

any anime similar to clannad? (No Air or Kanon); I just finished watching it and not gonna watch the after-story thingy (I just don't like these "ten years later"/after-high-school plots;
plus
Spoiler:

So, I liked clannad pretty much, It had some romance moments, but not all the way over;
it had some nice comedy but also well-placed tragic, sad and serious moments. I liked that mix pretty much, since most other Anime i've seen or looked at on anime database seem to focus heavily on either comedy or romance
And I liked the drawing style, it was pretty nice.
Also I liked the well placed Fuko-part, that had a bit of that "magic" stuff but not as much as other anime (including Kanon) have
No, no, no, that's no good at all. You have to watch Clannad: After Story because if you liked everything from the first season than the second season will surpass all of your expectations. Trust me on this, please just do yourself a huge favor and watch After Story. As you can probably already tell, I'm a big Nagisa fan myself and apparently you like her as well so:

Spoiler for Nagisa:

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-25, 16:10   Link #4
HolySheepy

Heh, well talked with someone in PM and might watch it
Still after it I'd need another anime so the request stays here
Old 2009-06-25, 16:18   Link #5
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySheepy View Post
Heh, well talked with someone in PM and might watch it
Still after it I'd need another anime so the request stays here
Something like Clannad/Clannad: After Story is still really hard to recommend considering I have yet to find a series that surpasses Clannad/After Story. It's in a league of it's own in my opinion and no other series has really moved me as much as this series has.

If anything else I can recommend Da Capo and it's second season, this series was fairly good in my opinion.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-25, 16:32   Link #6
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

It's hard to find something with such a magical atmosphere as Kanon (my favourite anime ever) or Clannad. But when it comes to well balanced comedy and romance I'd say:

Nodame Cantabile
Toradora
Sola - less comedy

Though except Sola they may lack tragedy (depends on what you like .

And I also strongly recomend that despite everything you should watch After Story.
Old 2009-06-25, 23:57   Link #7
Sasano

Like people have mentioned before me, finding something on the same level of CLANNAD(whole series) is really hard, in my opinion you would need to find something that personal connects to you to be "emotionally moved' etc.

But nevertheless,

Toradora is probably what I can suggest as the next thing(recent anyways) being similar.
Welcome to NHK also has that mix of comedy and dramatic realism, all though the story itself isn't similar at all.

Perphaps if you're feeling daring,GTO(Great Teacher Onizuka) is a slice life comedy that centers around a teacher helping in his students with there problems(similar to Tomoya's position)

I would probably Recommend those as must see anyways.

Last edited by Sasano; 2009-06-26 at 00:31.
Old 2009-06-26, 10:47   Link #8
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I can't believe someone won't watch Afterstory after Clannad . Please don't think it has a sad end even if your spoiler is true (at some point...).
Old 2009-06-26, 10:55   Link #9
Haak

Spoiler for After Story:
Old 2009-06-26, 11:38   Link #10
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Spoiler for After Story:
What!? You ruined it, now he knows! hahaha... j/k

Anyway I agree with most people here, Clannad After Story is a must watch after the first season. You'll only be missing out on something emotional great if you don't watch it. In my opinion, I believe its the meat and main reason for the series so please watch it.

As for other series like Clannad, I can't really think of any cuz theres nothing really like it around. Clannad like someone else said is really in a league of its own and nothing really come close it other than Air and Kanon. But here are some recommands nonetheless.

Toradora - Mentioned already, a good comedy romance drama series.
True Tears - I like this one slightly more than Toradora. Its also a romance drama series but with less comedy.

......Guess thats all I can think of, not alot huh?