Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-18, 22:58   Link #1
Naruto_Tensai
Velvet Nightmare

Arrow Naruto manga... licensed

Yes folks It is BAD news indeed Viz, LLC. has managed to license Naruto you can see it here. Jus search for naruto and youll see that the translation is on progress so this means we will see english-less bloody-less cursing-Naruto manga in the near future... They already got Bleach and HxH now Naruto
Old 2004-11-18, 23:03   Link #2
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Is this a joke?

If it's not, you so deserve a b*tch-slap one day ban or something just because this is so freaking cluelessly funny.
Old 2004-11-18, 23:05   Link #3
Naruto_Tensai
Velvet Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Is this a joke?

If it's not, you so deserve a b*tch-slap one day ban or something just because this is so freaking cluelessly funny.
This is no joke and I dun need no b*tch-slap coz I too am Greaving for this news
Old 2004-11-18, 23:08   Link #4
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_Tensai
This is no joke and I dun need no b*tch-slap coz I too am Greaving for this news
lol

Naruto's been licensed in the U.S. for over a year now, dude. This is like somebody calling, 'The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!' in 1876.
Old 2004-11-18, 23:09   Link #5
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Viz has been doing naruto manga for a while now... they do the crappy "English" Shonen jump.

i ve always thought nothing can be worst than translating kage bunshin to shadow replacation jutsu or technique...

but i was wrong!

Viz took crap to a higher level... heres what they did to kage bunshin: the art of doppelganger...

i was like WTF ! then i closed the "graphics novel" and put it back to its shelf
Old 2004-11-18, 23:12   Link #6
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

HAHA! Yeah I was confused for a second I though this was really old news. Nothing to worry about then since we are all getting Naruto fansubbed despite Viz's license. The U.S. anime licensees will probably for more strict when Naruto gets licensed (I believe its AnimeSuki policy to take down the torrents to any licensed anime immediately)
Old 2004-11-18, 23:13   Link #7
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

And the 'sexy no jutsu' is 'ninja centerfold', 'mind transfer no jutsu' is 'valentine art' or somesuch, while the byakugan is evil eye. There are many threads as to why the translations are terrible.
Old 2004-11-18, 23:26   Link #8
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
And the 'sexy no jutsu' is 'ninja centerfold', 'mind transfer no jutsu' is 'valentine art' or somesuch, while the byakugan is evil eye. There are many threads as to why the translations are terrible.

Rock Lee is also a Foreign Ninja not native to Konoha.

According to the Shonen Jump Bastardization.
Old 2004-11-18, 23:57   Link #9
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

OMG! Jesus died! Dinosaurs are extinct! THE RED SEA IS BEING PARTED!
Old 2004-11-19, 00:01   Link #10
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Thats just deplorable . Here I thought Viz comics had great translations. I enjoyed Ranma 1/2. These translations sound like they are being done by crack heads. Lee a foreign ninja? Please tell me thats a joke and they weren't that stupid, my mind can't take the abuse.
Old 2004-11-19, 00:12   Link #11
iceyfw

Quote:
Yes folks It is BAD news indeed Viz, LLC. has managed to license Naruto you can see it here. Jus search for naruto and youll see that the translation is on progress so this means we will see english-less bloody-less cursing-Naruto manga in the near future... They already got Bleach and HxH now Naruto
they already licensed the bleach anime also?

Last edited by iceyfw; 2004-11-19 at 00:23.
Old 2004-11-19, 00:48   Link #12
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
I think he meant the manga....but I think Bleach manga has been licensed for a while now too.
Old 2004-11-19, 00:52   Link #13
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

The Hunter x Hunter licensing is not confirmed, btw. But it seems very likely.
Old 2004-11-19, 01:25   Link #14
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
your reaction time should be speeded up by about a year. naruto has been in SJ and out in graphic novel for longer than a year. (as has been said)

Quote:
Lee a foreign ninja? Please tell me thats a joke and they weren't that stupid, my mind can't take the abuse.
Inari is also a Nosanninwa like identity. they identify him/her as a female first (great- grandaughter) then as a guy later (be a man!... ect.)

viz is no stranger to goat... screws.

Quote:
kage bunshin: the art of doppelganger...
adding to the fact that they dont differentiate between bunshin and kage bunshin.
... but i dont think we need to Rag on viz... all that much.
Old 2004-11-19, 01:32   Link #15
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort
I think he meant the manga....but I think Bleach manga has been licensed for a while now too.
"Bleach" the manga was licensed by Viz some times ago. There are already several volumes out in English in bookstores and on-line. They are also available in Tokyo for those who want to read the translations instead of the original version.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2004-11-20, 09:40   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
.....And where were you a year and a half ago when this was announced? I never want to see such a useless thread like this by you again.
Closed Thread