AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-01, 23:17   Link #41121
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm pretty sure that's Demi's

Also, rectonning OC Kirin's past:
-Pre re-write; Resents men after implied sexual assault prior to enrollment in Academy.
-Re-write; No history of assault. But was almost about to be prior to summer only to have the attempted assault foiled when Inami took out a Strike Jabber near the city and the explosion causing a quake that bought Kirin enough time to escape.

In other words, she's indebted to him for indirectly (aka off-screen) saving her modesty. I'll post the scene once I get home.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:33   Link #41122
demino_hellsin
That one guy

yeah... too bad there aren't many kamen rider fans here. So I didn't bother claiming it.

About Kirin's past. It's a lot less dark. Which I'm not sure if the darklords will be happy with

personally I can only see this as another addition to harem scenario.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:00   Link #41123
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

She already carries the burden of bearing her sister's torch as Sweden's Representative. Outright despised by men from her own country because they see it as her getting the title simply due to family connections and not effort.... hence why she enrolls into the Academy to prove herself.

Moreover in Athena-verse, it's her sister who won the second Mondo Grosso, using the IS Fantom Falken. (which is also going to get rectonned)

Basically, she has quite a backlog of stuffs in her mind. I'm not sure if I could add sexual assault history without screwing things up for having too much on the plate...
Old 2013-04-02, 04:36   Link #41124
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As long as you confident and felt it is necessary, no reason to back out. Otherwise, don't use it. It's controversial and many DUMB author (one of them being myself) use it just because, and there's also issues about the need of complex characterization and subsequent interaction.

I myself normally avoid touching the theme unless I have a ten foot pole nearby (combination of indoctrination, media brainwashing, and personal experience), the implied date rape attempt in ST is the best I can do, while the other one... it's so wrong in so many level, being a product of creator breakdown and all.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-02 at 04:47.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 04:54   Link #41125
DarkJak2050

Got a couple of new ones in the archive.

Infinite Stratos I'm sorry

Don't Forget, Be Yourself

Edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Basically, avoid an ambivalent mood, avoid putting comedy when the situation is serious and vice versa, don't make something funny bland and drip with conflict.

Of course, there are ways to mix and match just right. Since the boys are serious most of the time, they still react seriously to something silly. This is comedy gold. Vice versa are not exactly in-character for them, by that, I meant black comedy. They are soldiers, not joker-lite, though spouting funny one liners occasionally will be good.

There's also transition: you CAN theoretically put humorous scene before a moody, dark scene and vice versa, just don't do it OFTEN.

Show me a lighthearted draft, and I'll judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
> Teamwork

Nitpicking, without Ichika, the main circle of I.S. pilot are highly individual people, they all have problem an act like they got the worst life ever. This translates to bad teamwork.

Ichika doesn't always solve their problem, true, but he provide just enough distraction for them to put down their stress aside or vent it on him. Poor guy doesn't get enough credit.

Putting this rambling aside, the canon cast could learn a thing or two from the boys, and the first and foremost is to avoid internal conflict in the circle itself. See? A good plot.
Well, alright then. I'll post that scene I mentioned soon. Although it may not be what you're asking for.

Actually, I have it done already. You want to see it now?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-04-02 at 05:06.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 07:06   Link #41126
demino_hellsin
That one guy

See jak? I told you people ignore me
Old 2013-04-02, 07:23   Link #41127
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Maybe a clash of interests, I 'unno. Anyways, about the scene I said I'm going to post:

Spoiler for About guys:
Old 2013-04-02, 07:37   Link #41128
demino_hellsin
That one guy

friendly handshake or homecooked meal? If western influences hold true, a hug and kiss on the cheek.

I believe it was canon that an italian won a mondo grosso. Though I forget whether it was the 2nd or 3rd. Any refresher on this is welcome.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-02 at 08:05.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:06   Link #41129
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Given her past experience with males, probably too shy for any. :B

I was under the impression that it's the third where the Italian Rep won. Box might know the answer...
Old 2013-04-02, 08:09   Link #41130
HasuMasu
*Artist

There's only been two.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 08:09   Link #41131
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then a simple thank you and maybe a post card would be nice... yeah... kinda heard yahtzee's voice as I typed that.

Then the tyranid we shall ask. But for now... we wait @_@

NINJA'D: that was freakishly quick.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:19   Link #41132
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Then I would assume Tempest won the second, yes?
Old 2013-04-02, 08:27   Link #41133
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I believe that was noted when Ichika and Dan were playing that Mondo Grosso fighting game.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:03   Link #41134
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The only thing said is Tempest is a lot weaker than real version due to complex control scheme.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:09   Link #41135
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Oh... So we don't know who won the second MG by canon?
Old 2013-04-02, 09:18   Link #41136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

srsly? I could've sworn they talked about who won. Then again, faulty memory.

Chifuyu isn't much taller than Maya right?

All I need to confirm is if they are at least one head difference in height.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-02 at 09:30.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:29   Link #41137
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I forgot, sorry, Tempest did win the Second Mondo Grosso

It's just that ISVS 2 (the game) made it ridiculously weak.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:31   Link #41138
HasuMasu
*Artist

I don't remember that.

What I do remember is Tatenashi calling her Valkyria.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 09:43   Link #41139
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... it's really hard to do gags if they rely a lot on solid character data.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:49   Link #41140
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Geh, quoting time...

Quote:
"Italy's Tanbesta's really powerful! Or rather, really violent."

"You should change characters once in a while. Like England's Milton or something?"

"Nope. That one's ridiculously hard to use, her moves are weak, and even the combos are weird."

Oh yeah, as the company that produced this game was from Japan, one could expect the other countries to voice their discontentment, saying 'Our countries aren't that weak!'.

Thus, the harassed video game company actually increased the specs of each IS in its respective country, and sold them separately in 21 countries. They managed to sell it well just because of that.

Speaking of which, to actually manage to make 21 versions of the same game just by tweaking the specs, they sure can earn lots here.

But in the World Cybergames Tournament, every country wanted to use their own country's version and started arguing over it until the tournament was terminated.
Apparently I'm wrong on so many level.

And Box, Valkyria is the title, like how Chifuyu is titled Brunhilde.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest