AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-01, 19:59   Link #1
berserker916

MKV Files wont play

I installed all the codecs and files according to the sticky but it wont still play...

Old 2004-01-02, 01:45   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You may not be aware of this fact, but noone on this board is psychic.

We cannot help you out unless you tell us a bit more about your problem.
  • Have you ever successfully downloaded a video with BitTorrent and then played it?
  • What files (for MKV playback) did you install and how did you install them.
  • What player do you use?
  • Then please tell us what happens when you try to play the file.
    • Does the player crash without a message?
    • If there is an error message, what is it?
    • Does it play, but without a picture?
    • Does it have picture, but no sound?
    • Does it have a picture that is scrambled?
    • Does it sound like it is trying to play multiple audio tracks at once?

As you can see from what what I wrote, there a lot of potential problems and you haven't even given us a hint which one might suit your case. Heck, there are problems I didn't even ask about!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-02, 16:13   Link #3
berserker916

Have you ever successfully downloaded a video with BitTorrent and then played it?
Yes

What files (for MKV playback) did you install and how did you install them.
Installed them according to the sticky. Went down each lvl and after installing each codec attempted to play the file.

What player do you use?
BS Player

If there is an error message, what is it?
It shows the screen sayin BS Player has to close and do you want to "send" or "dont send" the error. I get no audio or video. I play files up to ogg fine, but wont play mkv files.

Error Signature:
AppName: bsplay.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.800 ModName: xvid.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000485af
Old 2004-01-03, 01:39   Link #4
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

First I'd like to appologize. Some of my questions were unnecessary. For whatever reason your picture wasn't visible to me when I saw your post the first time. (That happens to me sometimes when the host site loads very slowly.) Seeing that you didn't edit that post I realize that you in fact gave me more information than I realized. With that out of the way...

Please check exactly which codecs you installed. It is possible that you missed one so it would help if you could list them. Also please tell us how you installed them. (Which directory you put them in, how you registered them and which version of Windows you use.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-03, 04:51   Link #5
berserker916

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Please check exactly which codecs you installed. It is possible that you missed one so it would help if you could list them. Also please tell us how you installed them. (Which directory you put them in, how you registered them and which version of Windows you use.)
I installed them in order from level to level. I just installed them like every other program. For the ones that didnt come as a exe file i registered them according to the sticky.

I remember I couldnt play mkv files awhile back and went through the hassle of trying wmpc and core player. I installed the codecs necessary and it still wouldnt work. I finally just gave up. Then I reformatted my computer and now it still doesnt work...

The only anime group that releases mkv files is anime xtreme and now I want to dl one of their releases...
Old 2004-01-04, 01:52   Link #6
Absolut Talent
death awaits you....

Send a message via ICQ to Absolut Talent Send a message via AIM to Absolut Talent Send a message via Yahoo to Absolut Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker916
The only anime group that releases mkv files is anime xtreme and now I want to dl one of their releases...
uninstall all the codec/codec packs you have installed

restart

then look on anime xtremes website and get their gamrcodecpack (at the top of their bittorent page). Extract the files to a folder, and run the install.bat program

That should fix your problem because it fixed it when I had this problem
Old 2004-01-04, 14:13   Link #7
molotovwars
Disabled By Request

the install file from anime xtreme has never worked for me, it doesn't properly install the .dll and .ax files

what i did was go to this site http://www.shadow-dragons.com/anime/codec.htm which tells you how to manually install what you need, not through a host program. all mkv files work just fine for me,

i also suggest using windows media player classic, its need to handle the audio streams of .mkv files (the download is only 800kb and on that site)

good luck
Old 2004-01-05, 01:48   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

OMG! That page is an exact copy of an old version of Animaniac's Up-to-date Codec List! He was looking for those instructions.

Old 2004-01-05, 04:08   Link #9
berserker916

the gamrcodecpack from animextreme worked for me... thx everyone for your help