AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 10:16   Link #41
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
2) One person to keep trace of the references, willing to list them and to keep the list updated. The post would be located at the beginning at the thread as well, to be easily seen.
I think that this could possibly be the better end of "how to do it"... although it'd require some more commitment as well as time to do... at least Episode 06 was full of references, as well as Episode 05 (the MMORPG references went deep and long). And no, I'm not forgetting about the other ones .

A good start, in my humble opinion, would be the usage of Suzuki Shuuta's quiz blog (clicky) to bring out the most easily spottable ones (more or less, that is...) and then add more if they seem reasonable.

On the other hand the first post'll go pretty long then, as it was not exactly something small when I tried to write out the references for Episode 06 (clicky). It's not that long when it's just about one Episode, but there'll be 24 of them...

In other words, it'd not be a thread that'd be easy to sort and keep clean. But it'd be nice to have.
Old 2007-06-03, 11:00   Link #42
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
On the other hand the first post'll go pretty long then, as it was not exactly something small when I tried to write out the references for Episode 06 (clicky). It's not that long when it's just about one Episode, but there'll be 24 of them...

In other words, it'd not be a thread that'd be easy to sort and keep clean. But it'd be nice to have.
I considered the possibility of the material x episode being long (though not so long ^^), and it came to my mind the idea of making a closed sticky for reference list and commentaries if that was the case.
The sample you provided is wonderful, actually much more than I could ever have thought. I assume it wouldn't be that easy to do the same with the other episodes, am I wrong ^^ ?
Given that you haven't necessarily to be the one doing all the work, and other persons may help.

A second thread, about reference discussion, could be opened at that point (open, unstuck) and perhaps it might be the ideal place to discuss whether there's a reference or not, sources, more infos etc.etc.
Let's say that at the end the purpose of the thread (other than discussing) would be to promote the informations worthy of being mentioned into the sticky.
Old 2007-06-03, 11:45   Link #43
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
A second thread, about reference discussion, could be opened at that point (open, unstuck) and perhaps it might be the ideal place to discuss whether there's a reference or not, sources, more infos etc.etc.
Let's say that at the end the purpose of the thread (other than discussing) would be to promote the informations worthy of being mentioned into the sticky.
In a way that could be a good idea... Of course it would need moderation (as every other thread on this forum, though...) and as others have mentioned, there would be many posts in the end that would contain information about things that are references to the usual Japanese lifestyle (slice-of-life) more than to some anime / manga / game / whatever, that would require saying "No, I don't think of that as a reference towards X, but to thing Y in the usual Japanese life". Not that it's a problem from a poster's viewpoint, though...

As for writing the text, it took about an-hour-and-a-half to read Suzuki Shuuta's thoughts about it, write that text in English with constantly looking at Google / Japanese Wikipedia / the current episode thread on Animesuki and to quickly QC it (although you can still find typos in it ) plus verify that those things actually match.

I think that the main work (translation and editing the Shuuta's page's contents to be compatible with the knowledge level of a usual gaijin) could be accomplished pretty easily with two-three people. And of course there being an open thread, people can always try to put their own ideas through. Nothing impossible.
Old 2007-06-03, 12:45   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
To say the truth, I also favor the creation of such a thread. But I'm thinking on how it could be sorted out. Because as Mr. Super kool said above, references discussions are part of the core of regular episode threads so if a new thread is created, it shall have a reason to stand other than discussing references. The main idea would be to make the thread either a reference thread, either a discussion thread.

I was thinking at something like keeping a list of all the references of Lucky Star, starting from episode 1 and to be kept updated until episode 24. Following this reasoning, 2 volunteers would be needed.

1) One person to write the introductory post (it will be the first of the new thread) --> Risaa, would you like to do that? You're a good writer after all

2) One person to keep trace of the references, willing to list them and to keep the list updated. The post would be located at the beginning at the thread as well, to be easily seen.
If there is nobody willing to do that fine, but I'd still like the idea of "references recollection" to be brought ahead in some way. ^^

Of course, the thread will also be used to discuss references, though it won't be necessary to remove them from the episode threads completely.
I could do it I suppose. All of it probably. I'm a fast typer with a great memory and a lot of time on his hands late at night. Of course since the plan is for a straight up list I won't do my usual opinion piece to go with the references.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-06-03 at 13:05.
Old 2007-06-03, 13:15   Link #45
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

For the moment, I'll go ahead creating a cultural references thread, open and unstuck. The discussion will go ahead there.

edit: Thread created.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-03 at 13:52.
Old 2007-06-03, 14:08   Link #46
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
1) One person to write the introductory post (it will be the first of the new thread) --> Risaa, would you like to do that? You're a good writer after all

If there is nobody willing to do that fine, but I'd still like the idea of "references recollection" to be brought ahead in some way. ^^

Of course, the thread will also be used to discuss references, though it won't be necessary to remove them from the episode threads completely.
Sounds good! Thanks for the tread. *gush* I'd be willing to do the intro post, but it seems like Kaioshin Sama is better suited to do it.
Old 2007-06-16, 17:11   Link #47
NeoSam

Lucky☆Star Gets a Light Novel Adaptation

The title of the light novel is: Lucky☆Star Lucky☆Star Satsujin Jiken
Yes two times Lucky☆Star >.<

It will be published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Sneaker Bunko on September 1st

Can someone start a thread for the light novel thats titled: Lucky☆Star Light Novel
Old 2007-06-16, 18:00   Link #48
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thread created!
Old 2007-06-16, 18:19   Link #49
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Thread created!
Hehe thanks

I already have the 4 volumes Lucky☆Star manga, and I'll be so happy when I add the Lucky☆Star light novel to my collection
Old 2007-06-19, 20:19   Link #50
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I was wondering, since I've committed myself in reporting the progress of the Katsukabe Kyoei HS baseball team's fortunes in this years Summer Koshien baseball tournament, should I open a new thread for it instead of posting it in the General thread? This way people who want to read about it can find all the info while people who doesn't care about baseball can ignore it. What do you guys think?
Old 2007-06-19, 21:06   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I was wondering, since I've committed myself in reporting the progress of the Katsukabe Kyoei HS baseball team's fortunes in this years Summer Koshien baseball tournament, should I open a new thread for it instead of posting it in the General thread? This way people who want to read about it can find all the info while people who doesn't care about baseball can ignore it. What do you guys think?
You could always open a topic for it in the General Chat forum. No permission needed and you can decide the overall context of the topic. Plus that way you don't need to worry about convincing the mods that it is relevant to the Lucky Star anime.
Old 2007-06-20, 16:28   Link #52
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You could always open a topic for it in the General Chat forum. No permission needed and you can decide the overall context of the topic. Plus that way you don't need to worry about convincing the mods that it is relevant to the Lucky Star anime.
Good idea. I do that when the actual play begins.
Old 2007-07-07, 22:45   Link #53
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I guess it's time for the episode 14 thread!

Old 2007-07-07, 23:51   Link #54
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I guess it's time for the episode 14 thread!
Sorry for being late. Truth is....

Wa-wa wa Wa-wa-wa Wa-wa-wa Wa-wa-wasuremono!

Thread created
Old 2007-07-26, 10:46   Link #55
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

When the final loli in lucky star appears can we now have a multiple character voting list? Since the DS game characters where also introduced in ep.16? Hope Tenchou will be included.
Old 2007-07-26, 11:48   Link #56
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
In hopes of keeping Pelli sane, I dug up the answer to your question.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:34   Link #57
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hmmm... Lucky Star Manga discussion?

I don't find a manga thread around anywhere.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:57   Link #58
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Hmmm... Lucky Star Manga discussion?

I don't find a manga thread around anywhere.
You mean apart from the existing Lucky Star - Manga Discussion Thread. Didn't look very hard did we (and don't forget there is such a thing as the search function).
Old 2007-08-07, 08:15   Link #59
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
This... is weird... Couldn't find it in the Lucky Star subforum, nor could I find it in search when I did a search yesterday \=. Weiiiird.

Thanks anyway =D
Old 2007-09-04, 19:11   Link #60
FoxHound9
らき☆すた fanatic

NOOOO!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rule-34/luc...vie-296003.php
there needs to be a thread discussing this travesty.
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Closed Thread