AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 18:29   Link #3421
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

damn you 4chan...stop making me laugh!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 22:46   Link #3422
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Man, that looked more pitiful than those poor Florida defenders trying to tackle Tommie Frazier!

Oh, and Packers STILL be rollin'.
Old 2011-11-16, 22:56   Link #3423
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Here's my predictions for playoff qualifying:

AFC
-----

#1 - Baltimore
#2 - New England
#3 - Houston
#4 - Oakland
#5 - Pittsburgh
#6 - Cincinatti

NFC
-----

#1 - Green Bay
#2 - San Francisco
#3 - New Orleans
#4 - New York Giants
#5 - Chicago
#6 - Detroit
Mmm, interesting picks. Three teams from the northern division of each conference making the playoffs eh?
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 01:23   Link #3424
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
The Dalulz cowboys winning the NFC east? Is that a joke?!
It's not crazy to think. Dallas is getting hot with the emergence of DeMarco Murray, and the Giants have the most difficult schedule from this point onward.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 02:52   Link #3425
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
9-7 is an extremely generous record to be giving Buffalo with how they're currently playing. I'm predicting 6-10 or 7-9 at the best. Too many injuries, no consistency.
I've actually tweaked my records a bit because I felt that some of my predictions were too unrealistic, I felt that the win total I gave The Bills was too unrealistic, so I had a couple more go their way. (I had to do this carefully so I could make the predicted finishes conform to my narrative.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
The Dalulz cowboys winning the NFC east? Is that a joke?!
No, it isn't because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
It's not crazy to think. Dallas is getting hot with the emergence of DeMarco Murray, and the Giants have the most difficult schedule from this point onward.
This.

Okay, this weeks predictions:

New York (Jets) at Denver, Winner: Denver. Justification: The Jets need a win here and The Broncos don't seem to be needing them this year. However, it'll be a closer game than The Jets would like.

Jacksonville at Cleveland, Winner: Jacksonville. Justification: Meh, The Browns suck donkey dick.

Carolina at Detroit, Winner: Detroit. Justification: The Lions could also win here, and The Panthers might oblige.

Tampa Bay at Green Bay, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: Another win for Godgers…

Buffalo at Miami, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: The Bills need a win to delude themselves into thinking that they're still a playoff contender.

Oakland at Los Angeles, Winner: Oakland. Justification: The Dons could use some rebuilding around Ponder, but that won't come til next year. So for now, BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB.

Dallas at Washington, Winner: Dallas. Justification: The Cowboys have really improved ever since becoming Slaaneshi cultists, I guess they end up getting the neurorewiring sooner than I thought.

Cincinnati at Baltimore, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Well, this is the way in which The Bengals take the No.1 seed.

Seattle at St. Louis, Winner: Seattle. Justification: The Seahawks are playing at their historical average…

Arizona at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: Another unsurprising Niners game to normal people watching the game, another cerebral mindfuck engineered by Harbaugh to everyone playing the game.

Tennessee at Atlanta, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: They need to keep up in the playoff race somehow.

San Diego at Chicago, Winner: Chicago. Justification: Chargers can't beat a team with a winning record, nuff said.

Philadelphia at New York (Giants), Winner: Philadelphia. Justification: The Khornate Eagles have their backs against the wall, the perfect time to shed some blood for the blood god.

Kansas City at New England, Winner: New England. Justification: The Chiefs fall down.

And oh yeah, Kurt Snibbe finally did the 2011 NFL logo redesigns:

Spoiler for NFC:

Spoiler for AFC:
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 07:52   Link #3426
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Atlanta and Vikings get the best ones
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:41   Link #3427
LusterFlare
Lost.

...And the Broncos win 4 of their last 5?
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:47   Link #3428
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Tebow is the opposite of Lebron. Doesn't show up for the first three quarters but does work in the last. Actually more like last two minutes of a game.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:54   Link #3429
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Tebow is the greatest, worst, super-sensational, dissapointingly-awesome, frustratingly-incredible, skillfully-inept, mystery stuffed inside of an enigma eating a Jesusfish burrito-QB the game has ever seen, PERIOD...

Tebowing while saying this...He is best of best!
Old 2011-11-18, 00:02   Link #3430
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This isn't football!

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Ah, so what?! Tebow is the ultimate spanner in the works. He defies logic and common sense - but he wins.

Von Miller was pretty big for them on defense.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-11-18 at 00:16.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:30   Link #3431
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

John Elway looked like he needed some Maalox.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:52   Link #3432
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

wha...What!!

Teabow continues to amaze me with his awesomely bad form of pulling games out of his a**.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:02   Link #3433
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Atlanta and Vikings get the best ones
They're all awesome…

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
...And the Broncos win 4 of their last 5?
Who knows…

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Tebow is the opposite of Lebron. Doesn't show up for the first three quarters but does work in the last. Actually more like last two minutes of a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Tebow is the greatest, worst, super-sensational, dissapointingly-awesome, frustratingly-incredible, skillfully-inept, mystery stuffed inside of an enigma eating a Jesusfish burrito-QB the game has ever seen, PERIOD...

Tebowing while saying this...He is best of best!
LOLZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
This isn't football!

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Ah, so what?! Tebow is the ultimate spanner in the works. He defies logic and common sense - but he wins.

Von Miller was pretty big for them on defense.
To be honest, while Tebow may defy logic and common more than any individual player in the NFL, The Niners as a whole have him beat in the insanity department, with The Bengals as a close second.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
wha...What!!

Teabow continues to amaze me with his awesomely bad form of pulling games out of his a**.
Well, it looks like I'm going to have throw out my prediction of a Niners-Jets Super Bowl. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Old 2011-11-18, 01:06   Link #3434
Kogasa

Send a message via MSN to Kogasa
lol broncos actually have a chance to make it to the playoffs
Kogasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:52   Link #3435
Samari
World's Greatest

Still not a believer in Tebow. The Broncos haven't really played any playoff type of teams yet. Teams that you know are going to the playoffs. The Jets I'd like to think lost this game more so than the Broncos actually won it. The Jets played pretty good defense, but Mark Sanchez is still in a downward spiral and there is virtually no running game. We'll see how Tebow and that Broncos offense does when they play the Bears and Patriots in back to back games. That should be interesting. This entire obsession with Tebow reminds me of when Vince Young came into this league and was tearing it up for a few games down the stretch of a season when he took over for Kerry Collins and the Titans actually had a shot to make the playoffs. But of course that jumpstart for Vince Young and the Titans was a hoax. Tebow is going to have to learn how to throw from the pocket if he wants to stay in this league as an NFL starter. If I was a Broncos fan I wouldn't be that excited.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 08:33   Link #3436
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Says the guy with Alex Smith as his QB^^...Took him 7 years just to look passable...Tebow's got something...I don't even know what it is, but to deny the excitement he's creating for fans is something too...Obviously he's gonna have to become better at passing, but if he can just become average at it, Jesus Skywalker, sky's the limit...
Old 2011-11-18, 10:52   Link #3437
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
It's more like... he seems to be reliving his career through Tebow.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:12   Link #3438
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Says the guy with Alex Smith as his QB^^...Took him 7 years just to look passable...Tebow's got something...I don't even know what it is, but to deny the excitement he's creating for fans is something too...Obviously he's gonna have to become better at passing, but if he can just become average at it, Jesus Skywalker, sky's the limit...
You'd be saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees if they had ended up in San Francisco at that time. San Francisco's problems over the past five years comes down almost exclusively to coaches who could not understand what offense was, much less how to use properly.
Old 2011-11-18, 13:31   Link #3439
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Not even The Powers That Be could have won under Mike Singletary...that guy was a walking trainwreck!
Old 2011-11-18, 15:14   Link #3440
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

No credit to the Broncos defense at all. The team forced 3 fumbles and a pick 6

Tags
american football, sports