AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-12, 14:07   Link #61
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Her name is Mamiko Noto and she is a hotty! I know her from Girls Bravo, the wimply male lead of that show. She also voiced for a significant character, Shinji, from Full Metal Panic.

And so am I. I do have to say I would have enjoyed this show even more if the translation weren't, how do I put it... weren't so blunt. It's still a pretty good effort for a group that just started subbing. Episode 3 felt very awkward thanks to the lack of emotion, but near the end of the episode has made sure that I look forward to the next episode. Tricky animators.
Thanks for the criticism. Whenever we watch the episodes, we do get a feeling of "heaviness" in the dialogue. We'll work on simplifying it in episode 4. However, I do feel that the genre of anime that Astraea is also hurts the feel of the dialogue.
Old 2006-05-13, 00:54   Link #62
JRY_RY
BLOOD ALONE

Quote:
Her name is Mamiko Noto and she is a hotty! I know her from Girls Bravo, the wimply male lead of that show. She also voiced for a significant character, Shinji, from Full Metal Panic.

And so am I. I do have to say I would have enjoyed this show even more if the translation weren't, how do I put it... weren't so blunt. It's still a pretty good effort for a group that just started subbing. Episode 3 felt very awkward thanks to the lack of emotion, but near the end of the episode has made sure that I look forward to the next episode. Tricky animators.
most direct way and most friendly advise for you.

go learn the japanese by yourself and read the novel

you ll know why episode 3 was set up like that.

you really dont need a sub

btw, i ve been in this fansubbing business for several years, you are the first person whoever told me my TL is blunt,

i do feel honored
JRY_RY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:50   Link #63
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Ah damn I wanna hear the slutty anime version of my name XD They mentioned her. Also what is the deal with that outfit they gave her in the opening 0_o

Loux/Roux does look better without glasses.

I can't wait for ep 4 ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 13:38   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Thanks for the criticism. Whenever we watch the episodes, we do get a feeling of "heaviness" in the dialogue. We'll work on simplifying it in episode 4. However, I do feel that the genre of anime that Astraea is also hurts the feel of the dialogue.
Ep 4 is much better though the feeling of bluntness while reading the dialogues is still there more less, but I suppose the translation is necessary in some cases such as Roux or in some dialogues where it seems no way to get around it like the "game of seduction". Ep 4 was a nice episode itself, probably the best one so far though the story is still lost in me so far.
Spoiler for ep4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRY_RY
btw, i ve been in this fansubbing business for several years, you are the first person whoever told me my TL is blunt,

i do feel honored
Always happy to spread around my praises where ever they are due as long as your not too offended. Keep up the good work.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 13:41   Link #65
Srin Tuar
無謀

edit: I'm wrapping this post in a spoiler.
I blather on about events up to ep 6.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Srin Tuar; 2006-05-17 at 17:13.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 13:48   Link #66
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
My biggest question is what is the relationship between firiel and ruu supposed to be.
She seems preoccupied with him in a sense. But, OTOH, she doesnt recognize internally
or externally that she likes him as a lover, rather than just a family member. Its too bad their
kiss was interrupted, that would have probably made things clear. She loves the balls with
dancing and gentry, and certainly seems to get along well with the prince like characters.
Her determination seems to waver alot, so it unclear what she really wants to do moving
forward. I could see her going either way.
Kiss?
Spoiler for episode 4 incase Srin hasn't watched it:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 14:37   Link #67
miaka

Quote:
Kiss?
Spoiler for episode 4 incase Srin hasn't watched it:
I think srin is refering to episode 6.
Spoiler:

after episode 4, firiel is aware that she like Roux as a lover rather than as a younger brother. I am impressed with Roux brain and initiative considering he is younger than Firiel.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 15:03   Link #68
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
I think srin is refering to episode 6.
Spoiler:

after episode 4, firiel is aware that she like Roux as a lover rather than as a younger brother. I am impressed with Roux brain and initiative considering he is younger than Firiel.
I was thinking mostly of episode 6.

let me continue in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-17, 23:58   Link #69
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really liked episode 4 ^-^ *is a romance freak* so cute...wha no slutty version of me XD.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 19:44   Link #70
MissDeth

Just wanted to throw out there I jumped on this series when the promo was released, and finally catching up to ep 4. I'm not sure how many people are getting into Astraea, but you can count me in as one of them!

Also, does anyone have any good links to some artwork (or the ISBN # if an artbook was released)?
MissDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 05:19   Link #71
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeth
Just wanted to throw out there I jumped on this series when the promo was released, and finally catching up to ep 4. I'm not sure how many people are getting into Astraea, but you can count me in as one of them!

Also, does anyone have any good links to some artwork (or the ISBN # if an artbook was released)?
go to its official site... It has some impressive graphics like the castle
http://www.project-westwitch.net
don't skip the flash movie of its front door.
Old 2006-05-21, 08:17   Link #72
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
I am impressed with Roux brain and initiative considering he is younger than Firiel.
Wha? Roux is younger than Firiel? Holy shit, that disturbed me a lot. Not because of the age factor, but Roux's constant switching between looking like a boy and a man is way too ackward for me to fathom. Thinking he's at least older than Firiel who's 15 would at least serve some comfort to me. Now I'm feeling weird seeing him. -.-

Also, I'm seriously surprised that Roux isn't voiced by Junko Minagawa. Whoever Hiromi Hirata is, she totally mimicked Junko's voice. ><
Old 2006-05-21, 13:35   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 7 raw

Left me breathless. They're having to rush to get a whole story into a small number of episodes, but they're making it work. And it's leaving me emotionally drained. Firiel has great conversations with Eusis, Adale, the Count, and Roux. And Roux's other conversation is pretty powerful, too. I'm totally bowled over by the intensity and freshness of Orikasa Fumiko's performance. And delighted with the work of Saitou Chiwa in what seems such a new kind of role for her, as Adele.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 11:03   Link #74
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep 7
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-30, 08:46   Link #75
Srin Tuar
無謀

Nishi No Yoki Majo

ep 8
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-30, 10:11   Link #76
miaka

Spoiler for episode 8:

Episode 8 has gone beyond volume 4 of manga. Some setting change but the main essense is still the same.
Old 2006-05-30, 14:33   Link #77
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 8:
Spoiler for ep8:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 16:45   Link #78
sadeness

I have just seen 5 episodes and I really like the anime. I especially like Roux character!!!!!!

Anyone knows where I could find the raws for the episodes 6,7and 8,please???

Has the novel been released in other countries than Japan? I'm really interested in it. Has it got the same name?

sorry I asked so many questions!!!
sadeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 14:12   Link #79
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Episode 7 was very good. Fiel and Adale were absolutely wonderful (I prefer Friel dressed like that than that stupid outfit they made her wear during her battle against Ravena).

This is my favourite spring anime with Jyu Oh Sei and I can't wait for the next eps ! G Adale go !! More funny yaoi fanfics ! XD
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 21:00   Link #80
andromeda0201

lol, adale with her yaoi fanfics was funny....
Episode 8 seemed like a fresh start to me, I would really like to know who that mysterious woman was....and what happened to Roux
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote