AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-14, 06:09   Link #1201
KBTKaiser

...while I await comments from Lowe and Aaron...time to finish the Garnet Moon song...

Spoiler for Garnet Moon completed:

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2008-06-14 at 08:32. Reason: hit the submit button early...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 07:05   Link #1202
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Some kind of small

BREAKLOG BACKER!!!

or was it Backlog Breaker?? Ah! Who cares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'll give you a hint:

Now take 3 guesses as to what my real life name is.

Ye gods, even my name is a trap!
Hm... does you're name start with 'L'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Rinya's getting all better, and Elric's forming new bonds with a new friend and colleague. This sets the stage for the future enhanced bond known as girlfriend and boyfriend, no doubt!

*FLEES AT EPIC SPEED*

PEEEFLAAAAAAAARE!!!!

Ah well... let's wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post

It seems like Elric has begun the harem of his own ...

*FLEES!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

[Ding Dong]

Outer Cadia wishes to bring you a very special reminder:

Spoiler for What they all have in common:

Remember, never judge a book by it's cover. And always look before you leap.

[Ding Dong]

*RUNS FASTER*
Uuuuh!
A frigg'n room full of traps!

And there are at least 12 I know.
*saves for precaution reasons*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Isn't it obvious?

That's Nanoha's harem.

*Runs at EPIC FLYING SPEED from the Yuuno fans!*
Hm... that's one way to look at it.
Or maybe Hayate is recruting Yuuno for her cosplay team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I've got all sorts of crack. Like the epilogue to TF6, which features Bunny! Shamal, Bunny! Tesla, Bunny! Naomi, Bunny! Emili, and of course, for GREAT JUSTICE:

BUNNY SIGNUM.

And the crowds go wild.

YOU FIEND!!

On the other hand...

So... now out of here before...

Cadia Zwei: Kyri onii-tan!! Hisashiburi! *glomp*

*is glomped*
Noooooooo~!
Old 2008-06-14, 07:18   Link #1203
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

[Ding Dong]

Outer Cadia wishes to bring you a very special reminder:

Spoiler for What they all have in common:

Remember, never judge a book by it's cover. And always look before you leap.

[Ding Dong]

*RUNS FASTER*

oh crap, I just got spoiled in one of the series that I'm watching T___T. Not that it matters a lot to me. But seriously, I cant help but think its a waste that those are guys XD *cough*Hamaji*cough*
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 19:42   Link #1204
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
*claps hands* I rest my case.
I would like to point out to you, Keroko, that crack and normal writing are two different things. Besides, you missed the part where I was saying that I was channeling Kha for time being. So really this is an indictment on Kha.

And to be fair it's really a redux of the end of the OG1 portion of SRW Original Generations, where Excellen Browning dressed up in a bunny uit and got ship captain Lefina Enfield to dress up in another bunny suit.
Quote:
Actually, realism is one of the problems. When miltaku's aren't carefull, their stories can end up being too realistic, removing the fantasy elements and filling with a lot of technobable or military bable the rest will be left scratching their heads at. Stuff that would happen in the anime doesn't, and what wouldn't happen does, because it's more realistic.

Now, this doesn't happen all the time, but it does ocasionally.
At least there won't be hugeass half-baked 40k crossover port ideas. Or remember Kha's intentions to turn Voltaire into a mecha? Even a miltaku would look at Voltaire and go, "Okay, big dragon, how can Caro deploy Voltaire better for best usage?" and not "ZOMG VOLTAIRE IS A MECHADRAGON LULZ".

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 04:18   Link #1205
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
...while I await comments from Lowe and Aaron...time to finish the Garnet Moon song...

Spoiler for Garnet Moon completed:
Looks like this will be one action filled story, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Hm... does you're name start with 'L'?
Yes it does.

Quote:
Uuuuh!
A frigg'n room full of traps!

And there are at least 12 I know.
*saves for precaution reasons*
Naaaaaaaaameeees~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
oh crap, I just got spoiled in one of the series that I'm watching T___T. Not that it matters a lot to me. But seriously, I cant help but think its a waste that those are guys XD *cough*Hamaji*cough*
Oh, you'll learn to love them like that. I've lost count how many people eventually said "I'd hit it."

Quote:
I would like to point out to you, Keroko, that crack and normal writing are two different things. Besides, you missed the part where I was saying that I was channeling Kha for time being. So really this is an indictment on Kha.

And to be fair it's really a redux of the end of the OG1 portion of SRW Original Generations, where Excellen Browning dressed up in a bunny uit and got ship captain Lefina Enfield to dress up in another bunny suit.

At least there won't be hugeass half-baked 40k crossover port ideas.
You know, everybody keeps pointing at Kha for the 40k crossover, but did you know that I was the one that started all that?

It started when Lowe made a device based on the Necron Lord staff. I immediately recognised it and pushed Lowe to ingrain the Necron into his character's background. Kha and I followed suit with several scenario's involving the Necron.

After that I started toying with the idea of the Adaptea, and pushed Kha into turning his cleric knights into the Nanoha version of the Space Marines, minus the mecha armor but plus the magic. Being on a role, we also started introducing the Eldar, though that never really got farther then one character. By this time, the terms Seiou had entered the series, and I was once again pushing Kha's ideas forward, turning the Seiou into the Nanoha version of the Emperor. By the time the Cradle was introduced I was rolling with laughter as canon practically gave us a Golden Throne, how could I pass up that oportunity to take another step in the 40kverse?

Quote:
Or remember Kha's intentions to turn Voltaire into a mecha? Even a miltaku would look at Voltaire and go, "Okay, big dragon, how can Caro deploy Voltaire better for best usage?" and not "ZOMG VOLTAIRE IS A MECHADRAGON LULZ".
It's a different form of stepping outside canon, but miltaku crack is just as bad. It's not mechadragon lulz, but 'military bable *yawn*' My point is that crack authors and miltaku are two sides of the same coin. If they're not carefull, their fics end up no longer being the series it is based upon.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-15 at 04:31.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 04:45   Link #1206
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

...0_0

So asides Nighty, there has been another Krack peddler in the shadows?! Even I didn't notice!
Old 2008-06-15, 04:49   Link #1207
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You mean you never wondered how your Cleric Knights, which were supposed to be based on Paladins, suddenly turned into a warped element of a game you knew almost nothing about?
Old 2008-06-15, 05:09   Link #1208
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I thought it was just Lowe, because I repositioned towards the Grey-Knights and not Space Marines. I still know next to nothing of the GARest of Man, and my codex is outdated by 1 edition.

Not that I mind... The development of the Cleric-Knights is one of the few things that I'm quite impressed with. Now that I retrace back, I believe indeed it was you who gave me the inspiration, and Lowe pointing out Kha's similarities to a Grey Knight set me on the warpath that I only slowed. Doubt I'll ever reverse in steps.

Which reminds me, I wonder if anyone is interested in the Deathwatch... And should I make a marauding force that still haunts Ordered Space, purging the enemies of humanity, and are known only as the Legion of the Damned...

But Tk pointed out lots of errors and warnings about bringing in Necrons lock stock and barrel... Remarkably, it is the only faction that I ported that hasn't been extensively Rebuilt; Tyrannids appear as Spawn, with Xealot being an "escapee", Space Orks appear as WoW-inspired Space Orcs, Tau appear as a spacefaring race that descended from ancient Chinese who rode magical rockets into space and were now known as the Tang, even the Eldar became Japanese Oni-summoners known as Eta (and so I have to ignore Lingo's lone OC in that regard, or Rebuild him as well ); I think I should focus on the Necrons for now.

Just to clarify, I saw a Rune God in Voltaire, there's a difference between Mashin and lulmecha. Its just Caro's VA and SRW influence that I remade it into Ryujin instead, but everything else is more magical then machine.
Old 2008-06-15, 05:09   Link #1209
Aaron008R

And had a lot of people going, "Whut?" along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
It's a different form of stepping outside canon, but miltaku crack is just as bad. It's not mechadragon lulz, but 'military bable *yawn*' My point is that crack authors and miltaku are two sides of the same coin. If they're not carefull, their fics end up no longer being the series it is based upon.
I agree. As I'm no expert on both sides of the spectrum. I get confused by both.

BTW, the address of the pic you posted is enough to spoil parts of your name, Liinna(or mybe somethign resembling this name).

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 05:17   Link #1210
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But Tk pointed out lots of errors and warnings about bringing in Necrons lock stock and barrel... Remarkably, it is the only faction that I ported that hasn't been extensively Rebuilt; Tyrannids appear as Spawn, Space Orks appear as WoW Orcs in Space, Tau appear as a spacefaring Chinese race known as the Tang, even the Eldar became Japanese Oni-summoners known as Eta (and so I have to ignore Lingo's lone OC in that regard, or Rebuild him as well ); I think I should focus on the Necrons for now.
The Necron themselves aren't that much trouble, teleporting into the midst of a battle is not unknown to Nanoha after all. The biggest problem is the C'tan, and how to explain them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And had a lot of people going, "Whut?" along the way.
Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
BTW, the address of the pic you posted is enough to spoil parts of your name, Liinna(or mybe somethign resembling this name).
Close. Though that name has been one of my online aliases in the past (my Photobucket account is a remainder of that time). My name does start with an L, though. You should try to Wiki grandia, and look at the character names.
Old 2008-06-15, 05:36   Link #1211
Aaron008R

Quote:
Good times.
Indeed.

Quote:
Close. Though that name has been one of my online aliases in the past (my Photobucket account is a remainder of that time). My name does start with an L, though. You should try to Wiki grandia, and look at the character names.
Leen? :3

On another note, I'm gonna submit some new OC material for a new project I'm taking.>:3 Maybe later this night or tomorrow morning.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 05:37   Link #1212
Tormenk

My money's on Liete. Sounds more trap-ish.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 06:01   Link #1213
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nope, Aaron is right.

The funny thing is that it's a very rare name, so you can imagine my surprise when I found my name apearing on the screen.
Old 2008-06-15, 06:56   Link #1214
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Yes it does.
Quote:
Nope, Aaron is right.
Yay! I was right! Thank you google for Grandia and names from the netherlands!

Quote:
Naaaaaaaaameeees~
Hai hai! Let's see...

Spoiler for Trap Names:

That's all I know... ^^;
Old 2008-06-15, 09:30   Link #1215
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But Tk pointed out lots of errors and warnings about bringing in Necrons lock stock and barrel... Remarkably, it is the only faction that I ported that hasn't been extensively Rebuilt; Tyrannids appear as Spawn, with Xealot being an "escapee", Space Orks appear as WoW-inspired Space Orcs, Tau appear as a spacefaring race that descended from ancient Chinese who rode magical rockets into space and were now known as the Tang, even the Eldar became Japanese Oni-summoners known as Eta (and so I have to ignore Lingo's lone OC in that regard, or Rebuild him as well ); I think I should focus on the Necrons for now.
Hands off Akilae. I don't trust you enough That said though, he was entirely a crack fest to begin with considering I didn't do anything with him, and is a cross over character more than anything else. Yeah, he would have to be massively altered to be anywhere near balanced.

@Kyral

That's just scary... I only knew 3 or 4 of them by myself.. then another two from the thread
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 10:41   Link #1216
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Not just hands off; he completely does not fit being an Eta, and even his name doesn't fit in the cultural context. To be honest, my first course of action would've been to ignore him, but I don't know if it'll sit well with you, especially with my promise to include everyone.
Old 2008-06-15, 11:04   Link #1217
Liingo
Love Hina?

I won't hold it agaisn't you if Akilae get's dropped out. Like I said, he wasn't ever supposed to be a serious OC of mine unless I decided to start a cross over fic.

Although it would be nice if the Naval Support Office get's called upon in Rebuild *wink*
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 11:28   Link #1218
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Tousen da.

*quietly returns Meia's family name to Gibson*

Old 2008-06-15, 15:54   Link #1219
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yay! I was right! Thank you google for Grandia and names from the netherlands!
Ironically, most of the times the name is used outside Holland, its a girls name. Heck, even over here its an ambigous name.

Quote:
Hai hai! Let's see...

Spoiler for Trap Names:

That's all I know... ^^;
*notes down Makoto* That's the only new name so far...

My turn! I'll leave out the ones you did, in which case I can fill:

4th pic, 3rd row - Haku from Naruto
2nd pic, 4th row - Toru Kouno from Princess Princess
4th pic, 4th row - Aoi Futaba from You're under arrest
5th pic, 4th row - Yujiro Shihoudani from Princess princess
6th pic, 4th row - Buzam A. Calessa (BC for short) from Vandread

That only leaves a these names unknown. Need names!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-15 at 16:07.
Old 2008-06-15, 20:03   Link #1220
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hmm.

Of that list...

The second one from the left wearing the red plaid is Nadeshiko Fujisaki from Shugo Chara. His real name is Nagihiko Fujisaki.

Next to him wearing the butler uniform is Chiharu Kiyohara from They Are My Noble Masters.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content