Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-02, 22:01   Link #301
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It wont feel forced if you follow all the small details. Not to mention the two near kisses in three episodes.
He saw how bashful she became with the bunny girl outfit. He did the gentlemanly thing and gave her his jacket.
When Kallen was captured it was Lelouch of all people on the Ikaruga who panicked and called out to her. His outburst to her shocked everyone. Even C.C. He risked near defeat to get her back.
He was enraged when he knew Suzaku had taken her.
Kallen did get a mention from Lelouch in just about every preview since her capture. If not in the regular preview it was in the extended. I remember the extended preview for episode 18. He hollered out that he would save Nunnally and Kallen. I'm not good at Japanese, but it sounds like he says something separate about Nunnally then Kallen. It does sound like he says he will save Kallen. This is when he thought Suzaku betrayed him and he sounds PISSED. It was later translated for me that he says "I must save Kallen!".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgXboQtypg

Lelouch apologized to Kallen for not coming sooner. He told her he was pleased she was alright. He's hardly been one to express gratitude or apologies in the past.

Kallen was willing to die with Lelouch. She pleaded with him to tell her what she meant to him. Her line "Come on! Please, tell me!". He lied to her to break her heart and save her life. He had no idea Rolo was going to show up and rescue him. He could of just let her walk off and let her hate him after his death, but once she was clear of the fire he whispered to her what he thought was his last words, "Kallen, you must live on.". He wanted her to understand him at least.

I wouldn't call any of that forced or sudden.

Look at the episode summary for the episode Emperor Lelouch. You'd think with that name the picture that would go along with it would be of Lelouch. On several summaries of this coming episode the picture is of Kallen. Despite her name not even being mentioned in the summary or episode title.
The episode summary from the same magazine for the previous episode had a picture of Marianne. The summary never mentioned her, but as we know her character played a large role in the events of that episode.
Near accidental kisses do not equal romantic feeling on Lelouch's fault it means accidents, it could very well be Tanaguchi teasing the fans. As you said it was the gentlemanly thing to do any proper Gentleman would've done it it show no romantic fellings on Leouch's part. Of course he called out for her he cares for he just like he cares for all his friends from Ashford. You also have to realize that this was right after hius resolve changed from making a peaceful world for nunnally to making a kind and peaceful world for all that are important to him including the Ashford gang(which Karen is part of in Lelouch's mind).

I don't really understand what the extended turn 18 preview said either. All I can make out is something about despair and him mentioning Karen and Nunnally's names.

Her willing to die with Lelouch shows her romantic interest toward him. He didn;t lie to break her heart though(Infact taking into account how thick Lelouch is in matters such as love. He probably still doesnt realize she loves him) He lied to her to protect her because he cared for her just like he cares for all his friends. We still can't tell if he actually wanted her to hear him or if he was just speaking out loud.

I still don't see naything definitve of very important or big that would succeed in not making it feel forced/rushed.

Didn't the the episode 19 summary have Charles as the picture and he didn't have anything important to do with the episode.

If you want to continue discussing this could you please make the next post int he romance thread and i'll respond to it tommorow. I have to get going now. I'm also sorry that the grammar and spelling may be off and that this post is rather a late response. My browser crashed two times resulting in me rewriting it twice and I had to rush while writing it this time. sorry.

Also could you please respond tot he question I asked in your profile board. Thanks
Old 2008-09-02, 22:08   Link #302
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Not the novel again...
Unbelievable yeah. Because that's the novel writer's overboard imaginations.

The novels, be it the Stage/Turn series or the KoR one on The Snicker, are AU. Fun to read but not some super secret revealing device.
Taniguchi said the material on other media (manga, novel, game) has to be different to be fun. The novel is just pretending to be a supplement material. It's canon-wannbe. The Stage/Turn novels just got slapped hard in Turn 20.

The KoR novel was close enough, but after Turn 21, many contradictions appear.
Spoiler for novel:
*Shrugs*

Thanks before I make a fool of myself by actually doing some serious reading. Good thing I borrowed the book instead of buying it

Who says that Lelouch and Kallen will talk about their "promise" made on Ikaruga during their meeting at Ashford? We might see a rerun of C.C. interrupting again with pizza
Old 2008-09-02, 22:18   Link #303
Charred Knight

I can see Code Geass ending several ways

The Happy ending
Lelouch defeats Schneizel but sees that by abadoning morals he has no right to be King, and gives Nunnaly the throne

The Sword of Truth ending
Lelouch defeats Schneizel and becomes Emperor and shows the world the way of peace, by abandoning honor, and morals, (sending a horrible message that only by abandoning our good side can we find peace) just like Richard Rahl from the novel series "Sword of Truth", the man who slaughters evil pacifist who don't have moral clarity, kills deserters, and abandons his army because they don't deserve him. Naturally, he ends up creating a whole new world for his followers thats much better than the old one because his Richard Rahl objectivist hero.

Everyone Dies
Lelouch becomes the Demon King, and causes a war that kills everyone.

The Gundam Seed Destiny ending
Xingke, Ougi, Kallen, and Todoh come crawling back leaving Schneizel with only a hostage, a bunch of Elite Mooks, a super weapon, and a resulting battle that is a one sided slaughter just like the ending to Gundam Seed Destiny. The sword of truth ending now commences. This is by far the worst ending

Lelouch Dies
Similar to the happy ending but Lelouch dies, showing what a flawed, and tragic figure he was.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:27   Link #304
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I wonder if Orange would betray Lulu after finding out that Lulu "killed" Marianne.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:27   Link #305
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I can see Code Geass ending several ways

The Happy ending
Lelouch defeats Schneizel but sees that by abadoning morals he has no right to be King, and gives Nunnaly the throne

The Sword of Truth ending
Lelouch defeats Schneizel and becomes Emperor and shows the world the way of peace, by abandoning honor, and morals, (sending a horrible message that only by abandoning our good side can we find peace) just like Richard Rahl from the novel series "Sword of Truth", the man who slaughters evil pacifist who don't have moral clarity, kills deserters, and abandons his army because they don't deserve him. Naturally, he ends up creating a whole new world for his followers thats much better than the old one because his Richard Rahl objectivist hero.

Everyone Dies
Lelouch becomes the Demon King, and causes a war that kills everyone.

The Gundam Seed Destiny ending
Xingke, Ougi, Kallen, and Todoh come crawling back leaving Schneizel with only a hostage, a bunch of Elite Mooks, a super weapon, and a resulting battle that is a one sided slaughter just like the ending to Gundam Seed Destiny. The sword of truth ending now commences. This is by far the worst ending

Lelouch Dies
Similar to the happy ending but Lelouch dies, showing what a flawed, and tragic figure he was.
Dude Nunnally is dead. Do you know what dead means?
Old 2008-09-02, 22:28   Link #306
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=23294

^Read the above please.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:29   Link #307
Jestersage

^ I, however, foresee the Metal gear Solid 3/Portable ops ending, in which that Suzaku, Lelouch, Kallen, and possibly some other people formed some kind of secrety society that controlled the world.

The reason is that the entire R2 is mainly about truth and lies, and depend on one manipulate these will ended up either helping or hurting. Ep 21 basically affirmed that lies are sometimes necessary, and with suzaku finally accept Lelouch's way of thinking, what to say that we won't have them making the lies even bigger?
Old 2008-09-02, 22:30   Link #308
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
yeah sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit:
Damn was beaten to it.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:30   Link #309
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Freya, this crushed Dream Traveller and me also. It's been released that she's still alive. Some spoiler said that "Schneizel will use Nunnally against Lelouch"

Old 2008-09-02, 22:31   Link #310
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Looking back at the old TV magazine clips I have, the characters they pick for the week are:

Turn 12 [Love Attack] - Milly
Turn 13 [Assassin From the Past] - Shirley
Turn 14 [Geass Hunt] - V.V.
Turn 15 [The World of C] - Charles, C.C., Lelouch.
Turn 17 [The Taste of dirt] - Suzaku
Turn 17 & 18 (another mag) - Suzaku. The pic shows Suzaku & Gino but description points out "Suzaku (left)". Is it so hard to find a pic of him alone? XD
Turn 18 [2nd Tokyo Battle] - Nunnally
Turn 19 [Betrayel] - Schenizel
Turn 20 [Emperor Disqualification] - Charles
Turn 21 [Connection of Ragnarok] - Lelouch (monthly magazine), Marianne (The Television Weekly).

Up to now, looks like there's a pattern of showing the character in spotlight for that episode.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:32   Link #311
Sprite_Coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Freya, this crushed Dream Traveller and me also. It's been released that she's still alive. Some spoiler said that "Schneizel will use Nunnally against Lelouch"

also here: http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/09/02/r2-23-summary/
Old 2008-09-02, 22:33   Link #312
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

Who says that Lelouch and Kallen will talk about their "promise" made on Ikaruga during their meeting at Ashford? We might see a rerun of C.C. interrupting again with pizza
we have bets going on for who interrupts them:
Rivalz;
Arthur stealing suzaku's pen; (ala ep 5)
Arthur stealing Lelouch's fabulous Emperor hat;
*adds CC and Pizza to the list*

how about an obsessed zombie-Shirley? *Lelou-is-mine"
Or Milly jumping in and proclaiming "I get to be waifu #1"!!!
Old 2008-09-02, 22:33   Link #313
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
yeah sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit:
Damn was beaten to it.
Quote:

Lies I tell you!
Old 2008-09-02, 22:34   Link #314
eaglei3

Quote:
Looking back at the old TV magazine clips I have, the characters they pick for the week are:

Turn 17 & 18 (another mag) - Suzaku. The pic shows Suzaku & Gino but description points out "Suzaku (left)". Is it so hard to find a pic of him alone? XD
Turn 21 [Connection of Ragnarok] - Lelouch (monthly magazine), Marianne The TV Weekly).

Up to now, looks like there's a pattern of showing the character in spotlight for that episode.
Wow, it definitely follows that pattern. Never noticed that before.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:34   Link #315
Sprite_Coke

Quote:

Turn 21 [Connection of Ragnarok] - Lelouch (monthly magazine), Marianne The TV Weekly).

Meaning, Kallen might get some Giggidy-Giggidy with Lelouch?!?!? JK
But seriously, this ep will make up for the stolen screen time from Kallen in the past few episodes.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:35   Link #316
Micante

Quote:
Lies I tell you!
Would official sources other than the correlative chart lie to you?
Old 2008-09-02, 22:35   Link #317
Sprite_Coke

Quote:
Lies I tell you!

I'm sry, I was a fanatic "Nunnally is dead" person too. So was Dream Traveller, but we were beaten to the ground I tell ya.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:36   Link #318
Freya

What does the "official website" say now? Nunnally=alive?
Old 2008-09-02, 22:36   Link #319
eaglei3

Quote:
What does the "official website" say now? Nunnally=alive?
Dead still. Official sources usually won't reveal something huge in a plot like that though.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:37   Link #320
Micante

Quote:

I'm sry, I was a fanatic "Nunnally is dead" person too. So was Dream Traveller, but we were beaten to the ground I tell ya.
I wouldn't be too sure about that one... need I bring up Narona's Nunnally's tragedy GIF?
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers