AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-12, 21:15   Link #1
FireBorn

Episode 25 - The Thursday Boy

Spoiler for the episode:

I think it was a good episode. Anyone else notice how Karl and the girl look a lot like Tenma and Eva? lol.
Old 2004-10-12, 22:13   Link #2
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Hehe, "side story" you say.
I liked the episode, more because of what I know it sets up than what was actually shown though.
Old 2004-10-12, 23:33   Link #3
dew

Wow, Karl looked TOO much like Tenma. I seriously thought Karl was an alias or something for a little bit, I wasn't completely sure he wasn't until Johan showed up.
Old 2004-10-13, 03:12   Link #4
avmoghe

As of right now, I see nothing that this episode accomplishes aside from revealing one single fact - Johan is a student at the university and has probably killed the Thursday reader.

This episode was very reminiscent of the two old people from episode 20. We are just told about two new characters who seem to have absolutely nothing to do with the story.

I hope the whole story about the old guy and his whore actually turns out to be relevant to the coming episodes... since they spent quite a bit of time going into it.

Johan did kill this Thursday guy (no, I dont buy this conscience kicked in .. and commited suicide bs).. but the episode didn't go into much detail about that.

Karl does seem to be talking with Johan in the coming episode (judging by the preview), so these two new characters might not just disappear after serving no purpose whatsoever like the old couple in episode 20 did.

Johan seems to be the reader for the old guy, and might be helping him make money or something along those lines.. but again, the episode didn't go into any details about this either.

Eagerly awaiting episode 26, which I hear has already aired.
Old 2004-10-13, 03:33   Link #5
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Hmmm, never noticed the similarity between Karl and Tenma myself.
Quote:
As of right now, I see nothing that this episode accomplishes aside from revealing one single fact - Johan is a student at the university and has probably killed the Thursday reader.
You're either very shortsighted, or you just act that way. Yes, we're given this information, ok, that's all it is right now. Give it a chance. Despite what you seem to think, the characters are still developing and oddly enough, events have to happen for that to occur.
I'm not sure what stating obvious facts accomplishes here, unless you offer some basis for expansion with that information you will always come off sounding whiny and impatient.
I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying this, but you might think about possible relations between the potential of what Schuwald is, what he represents to Johan, and how that compares to ways Johan has experimented with people in the past.
Old 2004-10-13, 13:34   Link #6
avmoghe

In what way was that post "shortsighted"? Given the information we have now, nothing from that episode was pertinent to the story except Johan's actions... namely his being at the university, and killing the Thursday reader.

Hence my statement. Did you forget to notice the clause "As of right now" in front of that sentence?

I KNOW these characters and the seemingly irrelevant information may turn out to be important later in the series. Hence I said "I hope blah blah blah...."

So please explain... how the heck is my post "shortsighted" in any way, if it explicitly acknowledges the possibility that the new characters might turn out to be relevant later?
Old 2004-10-13, 18:00   Link #7
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Because you just stated the information. The information is currently only the relevant to this episode, you didn't speculate on anything. Elaborating on what you think the information might mean would be interesting, and not shortsighted, but you didn't. There's no reason to simply state the information, it's in the episode and it was all pretty explicit. Talk about meaning or something, you're just wasting your own time by repeating the most basic parts of the plot.
Old 2004-10-13, 19:29   Link #8
hooliganj
Team Player

*sigh* Apparently it doesn't matter if Dieter is in the episode or not, avmoghe will still end up arguing with somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
Actually that's two facts already, and if that's all you thought was going on, then you are going to be surprised by the upcoming episodes. I'll second 'short-sighted', but only for that particular comment.

Plus, the intrepid investigator Lotte is totally cute.
Old 2004-10-13, 19:35   Link #9
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

I find it interesting that in all the other episode discussion threads, avmoghe will write paragraphs and paragraphs theorizing one thing or another, and yet with this episode (which, in my opinion, starts off the most interesting part of the manga), the only thing he has to say is that "Johan is a student at the university and has probably killed the Thursday reader."
Old 2004-10-13, 21:57   Link #10
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Maybe I can force things....
Since these two points were brought up. Does anyone have any thoughts on why Johan is at the university and why Johan killed the thursday reader? Out of all the universities in Germany, why that one? Why would Johan kill the thursday reader? While it was accepted as a suicide, so there's no investigation and nothing that could point to him, Johan wouldn't waste time just kill one person, he'd have a reason.
Come on people, speculate.
Old 2004-10-13, 22:03   Link #11
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley
Since these two points were brought up. Does anyone have any thoughts on why Johan is at the university and why Johan killed the thursday reader? Out of all the universities in Germany, why that one? Why would Johan kill the thursday reader? While it was accepted as a suicide, so there's no investigation and nothing that could point to him, Johan wouldn't waste time just kill one person, he'd have a reason.
Come on people, speculate.
Even more hints:

The man being read, Schuwald is an extremely wealthy man. He also lacks something that most man in his position towards the end of their life already have, and must have.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-13, 22:52   Link #12
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Nah, you shouldn't force a discussion. If it's going to happen, it'll happen on its own. And BigFire, don't give out hints like that, don't you know that some people think the show won't be worth watching if they have even the slightest inkling about what's going to happen?
Old 2004-10-13, 23:34   Link #13
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

At least I posted something that can provoke constructive responses. Just trying to put questions, that are hopefully being asked anyways, down for people to respond to.
Old 2004-10-14, 00:27   Link #14
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Yeesh, Karl looked WAY TOO much like Tenma, and the girl looked like a younger version of Eva. Psh, animimators need to get some different designs. :-/

Other than that, while this episode came completely out of the blue...it was good. Can't wait for 26.
Old 2004-10-14, 03:42   Link #15
avmoghe

Quote:
Because you just stated the information. The information is currently only the relevant to this episode, you didn't speculate on anything. Elaborating on what you think the information might mean would be interesting, and not shortsighted, but you didn't. There's no reason to simply state the information, it's in the episode and it was all pretty explicit. Talk about meaning or something, you're just wasting your own time by repeating the most basic parts of the plot.

oh what? Not speculating on something makes a post shortsighted? Dont be ridiculous. I've filtered out the one significant fact that is relevant to the story given... and left the other seemingly irrelevant facts out.

Is this supposed to be some sort of bloody joke? Are you requiring every single person on this forum to go into speculations about the episode.

I have posted what I thought to be the most important points and have expressed hope that something gets explored further in the show.

So, you're trying to tell me I can't point out I feel is significant about the episode and can't express my hopes for the future of the show just because I didn't "speculate" about anything in my post?!

Are you a trying to be a moron here?

Honestly.. report my post to a moderator... "hey look this Avmoghe here didn't speculate about character motives or the future of monster.. he is spamming"

.. and while you're at it... report the THOUSANDS of other posts on this forum that don't speculate about the future of a show.

I'll speculate on the future of monster or elaborate on what I think when I damn well please. I dont go around telling you what to post.. and I would appreciate it if you didn't tell me what to post.

So, in the nicest possible way, shut up. If you want to start up speculations about a particular issue, post about it yourself. I can assure you I wont be a jackass like you and try to tell you "oh dont post that, its not interesting".
Old 2004-10-14, 03:44   Link #16
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Still totally not seeing the comparisons. Black hair, vaguely similar face shape, bulbous nose, clearly different nationalities, totally different hair style. And Lotte, different face shape, she has glasses, a bit chunkier, similar mouth but most of the women have mouths like that, totally different hair and her ears are down at jaw level. Crazy people.

Av, if only you would put so much effort into actual discussion. God, just trying to prod you to expand on the ideas you seemed to be trying to show evidence for, but that you left unstated. I didn't realize that "shortsighted" was so incredibly offensive.

Oh, and not once did I say that you were spamming or that you shouldn't have posted it, nor did I say anything about reporting it to anyone.
Old 2004-10-14, 04:05   Link #17
avmoghe

Please don't try to tell someone that their post is "a waste of time".

Quote:
Talk about meaning or something, you're just wasting your own time by repeating the most basic parts of the plot.
Please dont try and tell someone

Quote:
You're either very shortsighted, or you just act that way.
And CERTAINLY dont tell someone those two things in the same thread.

No ONE takes kindly to that.

I need no "prodding" from you about episode discussions. I will discuss an episode when I feel like it, and not a second sooner.

If you want a certain issue to be discussed (which I have no idea why you would, since you are a manga reader and know what is going to happen), then do so in your own posts. There is absolutely no reason to want to get ME involved.

If you feel like I lashed back too hard at your post I apologize. But please never try and tell me what to post about .. I wont take kindly to it, however benign your intentions may be.

In return, I promise never to tell you what your posts should be like. If I do, please really do report me to the moderators and ban me from your channel (I'm a frequent visitor.. same nick.. can't miss me).

Last edited by avmoghe; 2004-10-14 at 04:16.
Old 2004-10-14, 04:16   Link #18
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

You got yourself involved, you posted in this thread, this thread about a specific episode. I apologize for thinking that by posting you meant to share something, that by volunteering to post something that you'd want to discuss what you posted.
If you look at this thread, I have posted about the episode, I have tried to get people to discuss. Yes, I read the manga, but there were no forums for the manga, there were no discussions for the manga, there was no shared experience with the manga. I have every right and reason to want to discuss the anime; it's just like the manga, except now I have a chance to discuss it because the show and people that like the show are out in the open. You claim that I'm telling you not to post, and yet you come and tell me not to, claiming that you have some insight into my thoughts and motivations.
This is a forum, people say things, other people respond, in theory discussions happen. If you aren't open to discussing your ideas, don't present them in an open discussion forum.

Ban you from the channel? Even if I had ill feelings for you I wouldn't ban you because of them.
Old 2004-10-14, 04:27   Link #19
avmoghe

I shared what I shared. If you dont think my posts are "interesting" enough.. keep those comments to yourself.

This thread is for discussion of Monster anime. If you think I made a "short sighted" post about it... then keep that comment to yourself.

If you think I am "wasting my time", again, keep that comment to yourself.

I am perfectly willing to discuss Monster episode 25.. not my posting habits. That is as clearly as I can explain it.
Old 2004-10-14, 04:40   Link #20
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Well, again, I did enquire about what your thoughts are about what you first said. I also shared what I shared: that I didn't think what you posted had a specific point or topic relevant to the episode, maybe in a few less words. It seemed as though you were presenting evidence for some oppinion, but I never saw an oppinion about the given events. I asked if you think there was some meaning behind the events. In the next post I presented a number of questions about the specific events you brought up. In my posts I have mentioned a number of things in an attempt to kick-start somekind of discussion, with you or anyone. I was dissappointed that your next post, the one with the most effort on your part so far, was seemingly dedicated to ragging on me, when that effort could have been spent on the questions that I asked, instead of the first few inflammatory posts.
Closed Thread