AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-16, 08:00   Link #181
wao
OK.

Bah, if you're replying to my fangirlism, I wasn't talking about episode 14 in particular, but still, yes, it's fangirlism. What am I saying?

Well, of course we can't expect Ghibli-like backgrounds for a TV series which doesn't have oodles of money to spend, but still, IMO it's fairly good for a TV series like this... It may be my fangirl side speaking, of course

And while it is true there are some parts of ep 14 (heck, just about all the eps) where people just look wrong (eyelid shading, under-the-nose shading, LIP SHADING), it's there in EVERY series and IMO it isn't so bad in this series all the time, though it does look bad with the good character designs (as in, they're originally great designs, the colouring spoils them) as the designs are realistic but the colouring's totally off. However, using good or smooth colouring for these designs results in a very, very pleasing picture (IMO, again).

Mansaicoatu does look pathetically sad in that one shot for the preview for episode 15, but I think he looks pretty damn cool when we first see him in episode 14 (with that weird ad in the background) and also in the OP (not when he's takign photographs, that part's just cute, but the part where he's passing by Hikaru). And hey, pathetically sad can be good on a bishounen too. :<

OH never mind, it's no use talking to a fangirl, I have to say so myself. ^_^;
Old 2004-10-20, 02:37   Link #182
wao
OK.

Heheh, it's a double-post, I never do this except to bump a topic <_<

Episode 15 has aired! I will be watching it as soon as I get the "uncooked version"

Meanwhile, they've updated teh Otogizoushi NTV site with the Characters page.

It's so amusing! Unlike the previous one which was pretty straightforward, this one has a house and red-tinted boxes at certain windows. You hover over it and find out who lives there and click to find more information about that character. It's so cool! But the funniest part is, guess where Mansaicoatu is XD He's in a tree outside the house...

Looking at the house itself, this is the layout:
Three stories. Going from left to right.

Storey one (roof) ROOM 1 (Hikaru) ------- ROOM 2 (Blank)
Storey two (middle) ROOM 3 (Kintarou) -- ROOM 4 (Sadamitsu) ------central balcony of sorts----- ROOM 5 (Urabe) -- ROOM 6 (blank)
Storey three (bottom) ROOM 7 (blank) -- ROOM 8 (Tsuna) -----entrance----- ROOM 9 (Raikou) -- ROOM 10
Outside the house on the right (Mansaicoatu, aka Guy In A Coat.)

Wow, ten rooms and a tree! Hikaru's parents must be awfully rich. And the way the blank rooms are... I wonder if they're aiming to balance out the rooms by the end of the series (yin-yang)? Will it not be onmyoudou but FUUSUI?! (Feng Shui) And furthermore, if you go see the page on the NTV site, you'll notice Room 2 is very enticing for *cough* somebody to live there
Also, since
Spoiler for not much of one:
, I'm sure Tsuna doesn't need to stay in room 8, and move up to room 6 instead

EDIT: The thing on that page seems a bit b0rked though, you click on the characters and it won't give details. Bah! I want to see teh character designs!
Old 2004-10-20, 03:34   Link #183
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmmm... Onmyoudou is the study of yin-yang after all... and you can see that big Taichi graph/yin-yang graph at the end of episode 14
Old 2004-10-20, 03:36   Link #184
wao
OK.

But I hope there'll be no onmyoudou chant-like things for the sole reason that it'll drive runpsicat mad and Otogizoushi would take longer to come out T_T

EDIT: Watched episode 15...

Spoiler:

Last edited by wao; 2004-10-20 at 05:25.
Old 2004-10-20, 14:51   Link #185
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I've watched from ep 1 - 13 and well even the member who started me watching it stopped. However I like to finish a series once I start it but I should learn to stop some...this is one.

The same thing happened when I started watching Tenjou Tenge (again a different member, but recommended it also stopped watching it) well I completed it and well, I want my viewing time back

One of the main reasons I stuck with it was because it was in the Heian Period. I didn't like the ending and imo the characters could of had more depth, and I know more things may be explained in the future but there isn't enough for me to WANT to stick around for. (I mean it's not like it's addicting like FMA and I need the addiction)

I'm not willing to waste another 13 eps to realize there isn't anything here entertaining. It just doesn't trick my trigger. But in this thread it obvious many members it and that is also "knightly"

Old 2004-10-22, 07:32   Link #186
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Well... episode 15 has Hikaru running around and getting wet

I must say though, the ladies here show some great taste in fashion. Urabe wore some nice threads here. As Hikaru does change clothes, I hope Urabe does too. It will be nice to see an anime where the characters do not wear the same old clothes for years.

Other than that, I do not quite like the constant "oooo, where am I? where did I vanish to?" happenings. It was a bit overdone.

If we assume that the eletrical outage last episode is akin to Metal element, then we have Water this episode, would the next unnatural event be due to Wood? A massive growth of plants maybe? Well, they are going to a park next episode...
Old 2004-11-02, 13:26   Link #187
dreamless

ep16 seems to be about wood, but then I'm not so sure
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-03, 00:44   Link #188
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Thoughts on episode 16.

Spoiler:

Next episode : Sadamitsu steals the show.
Old 2004-11-03, 02:22   Link #189
dreamless

well, I guess it's natural for Hikaru to be sick of curry in this episode, when they supposedly have eaten curry everyday for a long time at the start of this episode
Old 2004-11-04, 10:11   Link #190
wao
OK.

*sigh* I'm kind of disappointed with the quality of recent episodes, they seem so derivative and absolutely boring... Episode 17 was really uninteresting, there wasn't even any Mansaicoatu, ah well... and the animation's really nothing special now, they keep b0rking up the art... and I was really let down by episode 16's animation, the animation director was the character designer himself for crying out loud but it was rather poorly drawn and animated.

Oh well, at least in episode 18 I think we'll see some flashbacks to the Heian arc. This should be interesting. Mansaicoatu also appears without the coatu but not as Mansairaku. Yay.

Where are the... clarifying texts...
Old 2004-11-04, 20:32   Link #191
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Where are the... clarifying texts...
Technical difficulties... >.> <.<
Old 2004-11-04, 20:52   Link #192
wao
OK.

Oh well, I can wait, there's a lot of other interesting series out there (though heck knows I can't wait to see what the OP is translated as...)

But I hope whatever technical difficulties there are may be sorted out soon >_< Seems worse than the previous motherboard-gone-to-heaven incident...
Old 2004-11-08, 14:58   Link #193
dreamless

I don't really see how ep17 is related to the whole plot, ep16 may have some connection to the main plot at least, with that spacetime rift thing...

but then coming to think about it, I also thought the plot in the first few episodes of the Heian arc uninteresting...

I hope this will later turn out all related in some way.
Old 2004-11-08, 19:54   Link #194
jalana
Editorizor of Fansubs

The translation of the note at the end of each episode in the Tokyo arc may shed some light on the seemingly unrelated episodes. This arc is a compliation of a series of urban legends/fairy tales in modern-day Japan. While they are loosely tied together by an overall plot (which seems to be represented by the five elements, Raikou's disappearance, and my love Mansairaku), each episode delves into a different, modern "otogizoushi."
Old 2004-11-08, 20:10   Link #195
wao
OK.

What I can't wait for is ep 18 - they seem to be [spoiler]having this big fire and I *swear* Hikaru gets a glimpse about what happened during the Heian arc. Also, Mansaicoatu becomes Mansairiceplanteru, or something to that extent - so something must be up...[/spoiler

*sigh* I really wish they'd bring back the kick-ass animation from the first ep somewhere, thoguh I still can't believe how bad the drawings in ep 16 were even though the character designer was the animation director...

*sigh*

EDIT: Here, I have screens from the preview for ep 18.
Spoiler:

Mansicoatu? Or not coatu?
and
I miss this.

Last edited by wao; 2004-11-08 at 20:22. Reason: sorry, forgot spoiler tags.
Old 2004-11-09, 01:23   Link #196
dreamless

I think that's Mansaimonku... where do you see the rice planter?
Old 2004-11-09, 01:54   Link #197
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
But I hope there'll be no onmyoudou chant-like things for the sole reason that it'll drive runpsicat mad and Otogizoushi would take longer to come out T_T
Never fear, I've been keeping up with the translations despite delays the previous eps are experiencing. Well, aside from the last episode, which is getting delayed b/c life just makes itself felt sometimes. Urabe is now the hated successor of Mr. "let me spout random stuff" Seimei, but at least it's in modern Japanese. I must admit though that the modern arc lacks the luster the Heian arc had (not to mention that my prayers to have Kintarou miss out on the reincarnation were ignored with extreme prejudice)... It's kind of interesting to see my neighborhood being portrayed and all, but eh.

As for the OP theme song, imho, the transcription on that site seems off. The single should be coming out around the 25th, so we'll find out whose ears need vigorous cleaning.
Old 2004-11-10, 21:39   Link #198
wao
OK.

Yeah, I watched ep 18 and now I can't help honestly saying that the series has been slipping since the end of the Heian arc... Some eps are honestly uber-boring, the direction is all lacklustre... it's going very very slowly and making a big deal out of nothing... the animation hasn't been very good...

It's definitely not as interesting as the Heian arc, somehow. I really hope things start actually happening in the Tokyo arc soon... with ep 18, Hikaru indeed...
Spoiler:

Also, it seems for the 2nd soundtrack, there's a Kawai side - for the Tokyo arc bgm, but also a Taniuchi side. Hideki Taniuchi did the music for the Heian arc, and all the music listed seems to be as if it's continuing from the 1st soundtrack? Does it mean there'll be enough scenes of Heian in Tokyo to warrant more background music (e.g. the last 5 eps or something are set in Heian with Tokyo characters) or is it just a continuation from the 1st soundtrack? Hmm.

EDIT: Otogizoushi 14 clarified is out~~

Last edited by wao; 2004-11-14 at 08:12.
Old 2004-11-15, 14:25   Link #199
dreamless

Hmm... personally I like ep18 a lot, it goes back to the main track and have quite some nice special effect animations and supernatural stuff, also I thik it links to what happened back in ep16 so I guess ep16 is not exactly unrelated to the main story after all (and maybe ep17 is also related to the main story in a certain way, now it seems)
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-18, 03:03   Link #200
wao
OK.

Ep 19 was better. The genge quality has markedly improved. Also, it wasn't as draggy asp revious episodes. There were some cute Tsuna moments But more importantly, Hikaru gets one step closer to figuring out just wth is happening. ALl she needs to do now is to actually finish listening to Mansaicoatu for once and try seeing what he wants to show her.

EDIT: And now they want to take anotehr break next week T_T Episode 20 will air week after next... bloody fools. RAWR.

EDIT2: Isn't anybody going to say anything about the "clarified" ep 14, and now 15 and 16? (I love A-Kraze.)

Last edited by wao; 2004-11-19 at 00:40.
Closed Thread

Tags
historical