AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-07-19, 20:09   Link #2161
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Now you've done it! This just popped into my mind: Tsukasa and Osaka teaching at the same school... I can just imagine them getting along famously.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 23:58   Link #2162
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I see from this page, posted yesterday, that Kasukabe Kyoei HS lost its first match of the summer baseball tournament for the first time in 20 years. I think the article says that Kyoei was the Saitama rep in the national tournament in 2005, and its opponent was one of the Saitama final four last year. I believe the article says that the wheels came off early for Kyoei, and it couldn't recover. In the pictures, Kyoei is the school with red on their uniforms.

I'm not sure what this initial loss means. Maybe AVPlaya can fill us in.
Holy crap... I was so busy with my project I fogot to check the Koshien news... Thanks for updating it... I am so dissapointed... they lost to a PUBLIC school for crying out loud... not a powerhouse by any means. what does that mean? That means they are OUT OF THE DARN TURNEY FOR THE YEAR. There's over 4000 schools and a loss means you're gone. There's no second chance. All other seeded teams moved on, except them. This is the year they're supposed to attempt national dominance, only to get ousted in the first game? Holy cow. This is beyond belief. Wow, I wonder if Lucky Star will reflect this monumental loss of face in a future episode? Guys, this is a HUGE deal. Baseball powerhouse schools are not supposed to loose to no-name public schools in their first game... it's like the 16th seed beat the first seed in a NCAA regional. It just does not happpen. This is so bad for the moral of the school some student will avoid wearing uniform in public. They're usually the one making others feel bad, now every school in the area will be teasing the. Oh boy, be glad Kona and the gang could not care less.

I guess I won't be opening a thread after all... I am glad I've waited. Sigh. Is this the L*S curse?

EDIT: I need to vent more - I checked the progress of some of my favorite.. Osaka powerhouses Toin and PL Gakuen steam rolled their opponent by over 10 points each, and Wakayama Chiben beat the crap out of their first and second round foe by over 15 points each. This is how seeded teams should play first and second games!!! Gosh I'm still steaming.. I was looking forward to following the Saitama Regional..

Quote:
On the fanfic front, is it possible that Kagamin could get into Tokyo University, since the school does apparently place people there, and she is the top of her class? I picture Konata getting into another Tokyo school, rather higher than you might expect, since she is really smart and knows how to take exams. Then, unless they live at home and commute, is it possible that, at least by second or third year, they might...share an apartment? Meanwhile, Miyuki is going to some expensive university in Tokyo and living in a high-rise flat on her own. And Tsukasa is going somewhere closer to home. Maybe with the idea of becoming a teacher? She's not really dumb, just dumber than her friends. And the beat goes on: Konata spends all her time in her university's Genshiken, and Kagami keeps berating her about it.
It's unlikely she'll get into Todai. We've seen her grades.. she gets mostly B's (80's). She will be lucky getting into a good private U like Waseda. Kona's ability won't get her far, and her English is beyond bad... chances are she'll skip U and start working in the anime industry as soon as the graduated. Miyuki should be in a elite school of sort... her strong liberal arts and social science should end her in either Sophia or Keio. Chances are she'lll be a politician. Tsukasa will be lucky enough to find a job as OL after HS... maybe she'll goto an easy Short term University or vocational school. Hey, KyoEi University is a good non-competitive choice. As for being a teacher... eh, don't believe what you see in anime. Being a teacher in Japan is Not easy... you have to attend specific programs and be tested constantly to retain your certification. They take teaching seriously and its not a gimme job. I'm not sure Tsukasa's qualified to teach HS... kindergarten or lower grade school maybe.

They will all still hang out... they all live in the Greater Tokyo area.

Guys, Japanese college entrance exam is beyond anything you have imagine. Todai entrance exam makes GMAT looks easy. I think Kona may end up in a Uni if Kagami pushes her... but other wise I'd think she'd rather just start working in the industry of her dreams.a

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-20 at 00:11.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:56   Link #2163
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There are specific vocational schools targeting the anime/manga industry (saw an article where the government is starting to put some money into them). I could see Konata heading into one ofthose.... but I could also see her being a permament multi-part-time jobber whose dad lets her stay at home for the foreseeable future.
Old 2007-07-20, 11:59   Link #2164
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There are specific vocational schools targeting the anime/manga industry (saw an article where the government is starting to put some money into them). I could see Konata heading into one ofthose.... but I could also see her being a permament multi-part-time jobber whose dad lets her stay at home for the foreseeable future.
Well, there are several famous seiyuu vocational schools Konata could try out. Seemed that she has the talent no?

Kona-chan, you know KyoAni runs an animation school, right? Want to give it a shot?

On a different note..

I went shopping for some REAL food last night with the wife... and we bought a couple of cronets and a Lot of Pocky in honor of Kona and Kagami. It's funny I when I was a kid I was more a Yan Yan fan... Pocky is a little dry for me. Now due to Kagami-sama I get Pocky every week now. Oh, I just discover something... if you're eating Choco Cronet with Pocky, you can dip your Pocky INTO the creamy center of a cronet and enjoy it that way! It's really good! It's my way of Kona X Kagami, and please stop the yuri byproduct in your head. And BTW, Giant-size Pocky, oh so good.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-20 at 12:11.
Old 2007-07-20, 12:58   Link #2165
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Huuhuu, I'm still more of a Yan Yan fan myself, but there are some Pocky flavors out there I loooove (strawberry mousse, anyone?). Last time I was in Japan (at Narita Airport ) I grabbed the Giant Pocky, but it really didn't do much for me -- I found them to have too much crunchy bread-stick and too little choco.

Somehow I see Kona going into something having to do with playing games for a living. No, seriously! Maybe develop games, maintaining a particular game's website, or creating new events for players... I don't see her leaving home, either. It's not unusual in Japan for kids to still live with their parents even when they become adults. And Izumi-chichi would be *very* reluctant to let her go anyways..
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 02:46   Link #2166
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Huuhuu, I'm still more of a Yan Yan fan myself, but there are some Pocky flavors out there I loooove (strawberry mousse, anyone?). Last time I was in Japan (at Narita Airport ) I grabbed the Giant Pocky, but it really didn't do much for me -- I found them to have too much crunchy bread-stick and too little choco.

Somehow I see Kona going into something having to do with playing games for a living. No, seriously! Maybe develop games, maintaining a particular game's website, or creating new events for players... I don't see her leaving home, either. It's not unusual in Japan for kids to still live with their parents even when they become adults. And Izumi-chichi would be *very* reluctant to let her go anyways..
I'm a total Pocky addict, but the Giant Pocky is pretty blah for me too. The chocolate to bread ratio is just too off for it to be tasty.

The funny thing is, the most frequent item I bought during my stay in Japan was Pocari Sweat. I went around this time last year, and man I'm glad they had a vending machine every block, because I'm pretty sure I drank around a liter per hour due to the heat and humidity. It's just so refreshing...well, at least to me it is.
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 03:24   Link #2167
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
I'm a total Pocky addict, but the Giant Pocky is pretty blah for me too. The chocolate to bread ratio is just too off for it to be tasty.
but perfect for dipping into a choco cronet
Old 2007-07-21, 04:36   Link #2168
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
The funny thing is, the most frequent item I bought during my stay in Japan was Pocari Sweat. I went around this time last year, and man I'm glad they had a vending machine every block, because I'm pretty sure I drank around a liter per hour due to the heat and humidity. It's just so refreshing...well, at least to me it is.
It seems like Pocari Sweat is having the opposite effect if you had to drink nearly a liter per hour of the drink. Sounds like you're getting dehydrated as you drink Pocari Sweat rather than re-hydrated.
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 04:51   Link #2169
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Looks like they still got the "Midas Touch". Lucky Star and Kanon(2006) rated very highly on the DVD sales charts.

Cheers.
Old 2007-07-21, 17:47   Link #2170
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Well I did it anyway... I made a Koshien Thread in General Chat. I'm not sure why anyone would want to read it beside myself now that the vaunted KK Baseball team is toast, but I'd probably just keep it up for my own use as I have a few team I'd like to track and see how they do. There's just not a lot of English speaking people tracking Koshien so this forum is as good as any. Check it out if you'd like.
Old 2007-07-21, 20:07   Link #2171
aorta

When will Patty Martin show up?
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 01:51   Link #2172
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

I wonder if the four of them might end up working on a project together.
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 17:03   Link #2173
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There was apparently a festival Thursday at the real Washinomiya Shrine, the one the Hiiragis are supposed to live at. A blog from a local person there said that otaku showed up, on a tour of the "sacred sites" of Lucky Star, and even did some of the dance from the OP. In the comments, one person said they were weird, and another said they scared her daughter, then someone said they weren't dangerous and not to be prejudiced toward them.

Some pics from at least one group's visit were posted on 2channel:

One of the prayers posted there wishes for the anime to have good sales. Another wishes for Konata to be the poster's bride. Here is the Lucky Star "sacred places" site. And following is an image from a magazine, showing how to get to some of the sites:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 17:53   Link #2174
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Oh That's just what I expected.... I love you even got to dig up these things.. was this blog posted in 2ch? It seemed that they are mostly concern about "security" issues... oh please, they are otakus. They are going to spend a lot of money in your little town and most likely be the victim of YOUR local bakuzoku gang. Please, like Katsukabe City is going to get tourists for any OTHER reason... This goes to show how much the average person fears the otaku... we really don't understand the kind of crap they really face in Japan. Some commenters has more common sense. Scared your daughter? Your kid's afraid of guys in backpacks? Well I can understand if some moron decide to CROSSPLAY there..

I like it how some guys says "camera and big backpack is so strange? Then what are you going to do during Sports Festivals? Call the cops?" A girl from Katsukabe KyoEi said that the she's often seen camera setup around the school and its' scaring the girls. Another "local" says otaku scares kids and is prone to criminal actions. Man I don't think I wanna go anymore... or If I'm going I'm NOT bringing a large backpack! One of the guy made the most sense... don't you all do the same when you goto Korea for the Kan-ryuu location tours? (thousands of middle age women tours Korea for the locations of their favorite K-dorama).

This reads:
"I must pass the entrance exam to Katsukabe KyoEi HS!"
Signed, 3rd Year Student from K-University (20).

One comment from a 2ch troll:
"To all local residents:
This anime consisted of women with a child-like bodies, and about half of these otakus who perform these "Holy site tours" are people who must masturbate when they see a child-body woman. If you have a grade of middle school level girls walking around by herself, please take extra precaution. Please report suspicious persons to the police immediately."

BTW this site is a bit better at location tracking. Simon-san is on his way so they'll even start seeing gaijin ota there as well.. hohoho...

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-22 at 18:58.
Old 2007-07-22, 18:52   Link #2175
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
...was this blog posted in 2ch?...BTW this site is a bit better at location tracking....
Yes, it was posted at least in Hirano Aya thread 80, post 505. And thanks for that other "sacred places" site. I can actually understand the girls at the high school being weirded out by otaku photographers, but cameras and big backpacks at the shrine...? The real shrine keeper should be encouraging it, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 13:22   Link #2176
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I have to admit that was an interesting episode this run. Man how much can we "plug" 'Haruhi' in someone else's show? Gee, 'Kyoto Animation' I know you animated 'Haruhi' but damn, how much more do you want to plug it? I also learned that the same studio was responsible for 'FMP' series too. No wonder there were a lot of those dolls lying around. Yet I've never seen the show.

Ok, references, references... I think I want a 'Lucky Star' shirt. Maybe a 'Yui' one would be good. Ok, I admit the "3" styled mouths are getting to me.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:24   Link #2177
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
I have to admit that was an interesting episode this run. Man how much can we "plug" 'Haruhi' in someone else's show? Gee, 'Kyoto Animation' I know you animated 'Haruhi' but damn, how much more do you want to plug it? I also learned that the same studio was responsible for 'FMP' series too. No wonder there were a lot of those dolls lying around. Yet I've never seen the show.

Ok, references, references... I think I want a 'Lucky Star' shirt. Maybe a 'Yui' one would be good. Ok, I admit the "3" styled mouths are getting to me.

KyoAni isn't responsible for the FMP in 2002, although, it is responsible for FMP:F and The Second Raid, but really though most of the FMP reference is contained in the Comiket episode. Kagami reads the light novel.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:57   Link #2178
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

FMP is Kagami's closet otaku weakness. So that's a reference I would actually expect to see in the anime adaptation.
Of course, there's the ongoing rumor that KyoAni will take the first FMP as a project down the road.
Old 2007-07-27, 22:30   Link #2179
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Simon just PMed me about his progress at his own L*S Holy Site Tour, and he's captured most of the Tokyo locations, like the walk back from the concert. Tomorrow his time he'll be heading into Saitama... hopefully no locals will give him the evil eye as he frolic around Washinomiya Shrine with his big back pack and camera.
Old 2007-07-28, 02:50   Link #2180
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm711857

A piece of news about Lucky Star sacred places.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen