Old 2011-08-20, 21:47   Link #20862
Xagzan

Not sure how someone would sound slim.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 22:06   Link #20863
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm comparing their looks obviously. Since we're talking anime vs manga I felt like pointing that out.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 22:16   Link #20864
Xagzan

Ohh, well I guess since you didn't have a verb in your sentence I assumed you were using my "sounds."

But I actually liked Inner's look for the anime. Not as much as the manga of course, but it's hard to beat that.

And she does sound sexy in this dub, but the voice itself doesn't feel right to me. She sounds like a woman in her 30s or 40s, not a 17 year old.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 01:04   Link #20865
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Even though I have a special spot reserved in anime Hell for this (can't you tell just how much I despise the anime?), I have to grdugingly admit two good things came from it: one, Inner got animated as the sexy vampire goddess that myself, tempest and others worship... and number two, this does have excellent music.

... and I hate admitting it, but the way Inner tried to seduce Tsukune in the second to last episode... was actually pretty good.

There was so much potential in the first anime season, but thanks to GONZO, it didn't make the incredibly short list of "relatively new anime that have badass males"

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:06   Link #20866
Chris38

Well, regarding the anime, I don't like it as well, and actually never bothered to fully watch it...

Regardless of that, I hope that one day we will see the R+V anime being remade from the beginning...

Going back to the manga discussion, I'm still irked by the fact that Gyokuro dares to claim that she's Moka's mother and I really hope that she's going to be put in her place by someone at the end of the current arc (The most satisfying one would be if Akasha somehow managed to revive herself, and make Gyokuro know the wrath of a Shinso vampire , I know that's pretty unlikely, but I really want someone to wipe that smug smile out of her face and make her fell true despair once everything she worked for is ruined. )

It's also pretty interesting to notice that for someone who claims to be the leader of the Shuzen family there is a surprising lack of vampires in the Fairy Tale organization, which might suggest that the general population of vampires in Japan, don't agree with Gyokuro's objective of destroying humanity...

On a different topic, I hope that the fights against the leader's of Fairy Tale won't be dragged to much, while I agree that Ruby deserves to have some screen time, since she hadn't appeared for a long time, but if they also had to deal with 5 other leaders of the Fairy Tale organization, then the current arc would get pretty repetitive and boring, especially, since R+V is a monthly manga, which makes me think that some plot twist is going to occur in the next chapter, and give Tsukune's group an opportunity to move toward without much interference from the rest of the Fairy Tale leaders...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:36   Link #20867
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

They can always remake the anime much like how they did the other animes.
They can Re-Vamp rather than use the fanservice Capu2.
Besides who doesn't want a more manga based R+V anime?
As for the dub voices. Well decent, but the original anime voices grew on me alot.
Old 2011-08-21, 05:12   Link #20868
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Well the original JP cast was actually pretty good. Rie Kugiyama and Nana Mizuki isn't a pairing to be sniffed at and most of the others have been in some fairly big things.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 08:46   Link #20869
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, regarding the anime, I don't like it as well, and actually never bothered to fully watch it...

Regardless of that, I hope that one day we will see the R+V anime being remade from the beginning...

Going back to the manga discussion, I'm still irked by the fact that Gyokuro dares to claim that she's Moka's mother and I really hope that she's going to be put in her place by someone at the end of the current arc (The most satisfying one would be if Akasha somehow managed to revive herself, and make Gyokuro know the wrath of a Shinso vampire , I know that's pretty unlikely, but I really want someone to wipe that smug smile out of her face and make her fell true despair once everything she worked for is ruined. )

It's also pretty interesting to notice that for someone who claims to be the leader of the Shuzen family there is a surprising lack of vampires in the Fairy Tale organization, which might suggest that the general population of vampires in Japan, don't agree with Gyokuro's objective of destroying humanity...

On a different topic, I hope that the fights against the leader's of Fairy Tale won't be dragged to much, while I agree that Ruby deserves to have some screen time, since she hadn't appeared for a long time, but if they also had to deal with 5 other leaders of the Fairy Tale organization, then the current arc would get pretty repetitive and boring, especially, since R+V is a monthly manga, which makes me think that some plot twist is going to occur in the next chapter, and give Tsukune's group an opportunity to move toward without much interference from the rest of the Fairy Tale leaders...
Well, since Akasha is alive even though shes in an "eternal slumber" along with Alucard, we will definitely be seeing her again in the future, but it's unfortunate that itle be a while, whether it be temporary or permanent all we can do is hope that it will be permanent, Moka needs to make peace with her mother, Gyokuro might be already defeated around that time before Akasha gets her chance to show her "her place", but we never know.

Your right, though Gyokuro is the suppose current "leader" of the Shuzen family, i'm surprised by the lack of vampires at Fairy Tale HQ, thats one of the things i noticed, the vampires might still be loyal to Issa rather than Gyokuro but who knows.

I also agree that the fights with the leaders being dragged out would be boring, some maybe short while others take a while, i guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 2011-08-21, 11:14   Link #20870
Edijs
Eddy

Send a message via MSN to Edijs
well you are talking about manga vs anime, then i would say manga the best , why they just cant make anime be like manga , that would be awesome
Edijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 19:39   Link #20871
khprincessh

wait what in the world are u guys talking about?
Old 2011-08-21, 19:40   Link #20872
khprincessh

btw on the show rosario and vampire inner mokas voice sounded deep and manly sorry
Old 2011-08-21, 21:37   Link #20873
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...someone mentioned Inner Moka...?

Yeah, Magin and I are in complete agreement on the subject of the anime and it's *many* faults and few pluses. I have yet to hear the English dub - I think I'll do that now.

And Gyokuro claiming to be Moka's mom...? ...should I fume in anger or laugh at the sheer audacity? And I can see some vampires wondering just how far are they going to take it with the 'kill humanity' thing. I have a feeling that a few didn't go along with it and Gyokuro had them 'removed'. I'm more worried about Ruby's current fight rather than worry about the beatdown that Gyokuro will recieve at either Akasha's hands or Alucard's tentacles. What she said makes that guy seem so weak but he can't be all that weak - he's got other lvls of strength to him - he has to, or this will seem like a cakewalk for a bunch of superpowered highschoolers taking out seasoned crime bosses. Oh wait, this is manga...that's suppose to happen.
Old 2011-08-21, 21:42   Link #20874
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Not good... we're bordering on generic shonen here (ie: Sasuke retrieval arc).
Old 2011-08-21, 21:52   Link #20875
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...true, but there's one, actually several important differences between Sasuke Retrieval and Moka Retrieval:

1) Guy (Tsukune) fighting to retrieve a Girl (Moka) on his own behalf vs Guy (Naruto)fighting to retrieval Guy (Sasuke) on behalf of Girl (Sakura). I won't go into the details on that one for obvious reasons...:P

2) If he fails: Tsukune and the rest of the humans LOSE to Alien Queen and hundreds of bloodthirsty monsters vs Naruto losing a rival to an evil pedo super ninja.

3) Tsukune is a vampire vs Naruto being a Jin-whatever

There are others, but hey, finding them on one's own should be part of the 'training' our R+V recruits are put through to make them coherent and intelligent fans unlike fanz of certain sparkling...'beings' that shall remain nameless... coughTwilighterscoughcough
Old 2011-08-21, 21:56   Link #20876
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... I just watched the trailer, and now, I'm attempting to keep my blood from boiling once more. Sure, outside of Inner's the voices were pretty good... but that's all the credit I'm giving it.

Old 2011-08-21, 22:33   Link #20877
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, I had to laugh...really...I think it's the voices and the dialogue that did it. They're actually pushing the fanserivce in the trailer - at least they're doing that much instead of trying to hide it. Kudos for that. Other than that, I won't mind viewing the English side so I think I'll at least view it one last time. If they release some rare arts with the box sets, I'm SO getting it then.
Old 2011-08-21, 22:54   Link #20878
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I'll be completely honest; if it weren't for the way the ending is completely decimated, I would actually be tempted to watch the english rlease. At least they're being honest about fanservice...

Old 2011-08-21, 23:07   Link #20879
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, the only way Gonzo could redeem themselves for the R+V mess is if they animate Ura and Tsukune's 'date' together. XD And give us the dream sequence that came before that as well. XD Hell, give us the entire training arc...

...there is no satisfying me when it comes to Ura...
Old 2011-08-22, 00:44   Link #20880
YuriEcchiGirl

I love the R+V manga, have all 10 vols of the first season & the first 4 vols of the second season so far
YuriEcchiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire