AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-20, 20:35   Link #24861
Preciize
Them Feels~

Just caught up after hearing that this series is ending in the next chapter. Anyone know if there will be a 3rd season to this? I can't see how the author can just finish the series for good with this rushed ending. Someone said that he's ill?
Old 2014-01-20, 22:06   Link #24862
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Just caught up after hearing that this series is ending in the next chapter. Anyone know if there will be a 3rd season to this? I can't see how the author can just finish the series for good with this rushed ending. Someone said that he's ill?
well if that's true then it could explain why it's ending early, especially if its a life threatening illness
Old 2014-01-20, 22:59   Link #24863
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
well if that's true then it could explain why it's ending early, especially if its a life threatening illness
Yeah, I hope that's not the case I remember there was one ongoing series where the author suddenly passed away (forgot the name though).
Old 2014-01-21, 04:03   Link #24864
Sacredus

Kaze no Stigma, Zero no Tsukaima and few more. Sh*t just happens but I never heard about this author been sic.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:19   Link #24865
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Kaze no Stigma, Zero no Tsukaima and few more. Sh*t just happens but I never heard about this author been sic.
add to that MM! ... it is a pity that there works are not continued by someone else since they are quite interesting. Aniway i haven't heard anywhere about Rosario+vampire author being really sick, is it know what it is?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:33   Link #24866
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
add to that MM! ... it is a pity that there works are not continued by someone else since they are quite interesting. Aniway i haven't heard anywhere about Rosario+vampire author being really sick, is it know what it is?
The author being sick is only a theory so far, not a fact. So there isn't any details. It would explain the abrupt end, but its more likely that something else is to blame.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 05:19   Link #24867
Breimoon

i think it is more likely that he just want to end this story arc and start highschool third year with relations between humans and youkais as basis. We may even get some strange experimentions and attempts at making new kind of yokais.
Old 2014-01-21, 17:14   Link #24868
Preciize
Them Feels~

I hope his sickness is just a theory and not true. If that's the case, I feel pretty optimistic about him starting a 3rd season of the series since it's pretty popular and there's a lot he can work with.
Old 2014-01-21, 17:49   Link #24869
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

If he is really sick at least he will be able to finish this series, if II is really the end of it. Unlike some other two mangakas that i know. Right Togashi and Miura?
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 18:14   Link #24870
Soji

I think is better don't jump to the conclusion that the author it's ill until we have some confirmation from a more reliable source.

The only thing that we can do for now is to wait and see what will happen.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 23:34   Link #24871
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

The series has been going on for a while now. I know sales usually determine how long a manga lasts, but I wonder if mangaka also have the power to decide whether their series ends regardless of popularity. If it was personal choice, I think I can understand. There is only so much you can write about a story before it goes stale and the urge to start something new or work on something different hits you.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 14:38   Link #24872
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
The series has been going on for a while now. I know sales usually determine how long a manga lasts, but I wonder if mangaka also have the power to decide whether their series ends regardless of popularity. If it was personal choice, I think I can understand. There is only so much you can write about a story before it goes stale and the urge to start something new or work on something different hits you.
Is the author working on anything else right now?

What you said is true. Like Soji said, the only thing we can do is wait and see what happens. I'm going to try to be optimistic and hope for the best.
Old 2014-01-22, 15:07   Link #24873
zibi88

sadly... it should be more for a good series to have a good ending... and not a rushed one..... I really love when something is explained till the end... so it should have like 2-3chapters to do a great ending

1st would explain all matters of alucard (and maybe if akasha lives)
2nd aftereffects of the fight in human world... human learning of monsters and coexistance.... some akasha, issa and graduation time
3rd and last chapter if explains what happend to main chars... who married tsukune...if they have kids (to show up those kids)... show some happy life of theirs... what they do for living (work or something)... so generally show what happened in personal life...

but its rather impossible to squish everything in 1chapter ;/ so my guess it will end like season1.... and open ending... all girls chase tsukune claiming they want him to marry her (them).... or a group hug with all of them smiling and tsukunes line... no matters what will happen in future it will be ok as long as I have them (the girls)

I just hate rushed endings ;/
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 15:21   Link #24874
Breimoon

do you remember the start of the two arcs? a "normal human boy" that meets a vampire and gets blood sucked(or licked to be exact).The start of the third arc we will have a "normal human girl" and a male vampire XD
Old 2014-01-22, 22:29   Link #24875
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Some mangaka do choose to end their series. Ken Akamatsu ended Negima on his own.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 22:29   Link #24876
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
do you remember the start of the two arcs? a "normal human boy" that meets a vampire and gets blood sucked(or licked to be exact).The start of the third arc we will have a "normal human girl" and a male vampire XD
Who's the human girl? O_o
Old 2014-01-22, 23:14   Link #24877
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The last time anything like that happened, we got either Vampire Knight or Twilight. Don't need to see that storyline repeated, thank you.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 02:06   Link #24878
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The last time anything like that happened, we got either Vampire Knight or Twilight. Don't need to see that storyline repeated, thank you.
lol. It sounds like a recipe for a shoujo manga anyways...I hope we get something different in the future, like maybe the manga will still play with supernatural themes but bring something fresh to the table.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 04:05   Link #24879
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Imo there should be a manga with a human male character who is a vampire slayer or something like that, who stays human until the end of the story. It always annoys me that IN ALL MEDIA almost everytime a human that wants to get up to the level of vampires, he must either become a vampire himself... or a werewolf (see: Van Helsing movie)

What I DO like though is that almost all manga ignore the usual vampire weaknesses about vampires in myths, like garlick, crosses, sunlight etc., however why not add, for example, the clerics from the movie equilibrium? Now THAT would be feast!
Old 2014-01-23, 11:40   Link #24880
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, to be fair, in most stories, unless the guy is an Uber Righteous Holy Man (or something to that extent... namely, not an ordinary human), it generally takes a monster to defeat a monster (granted, I believe that Alucard of Hellsing is one of the exceptions)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire