AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 14:54   Link #1421
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Gotta agree with GundamMeisterLockon, that is one badass looking Snow White. But seriously, Snow White? What kind of name is that???
"Behold, the God of Death has returned! He shall pass judgement on you with his Gundam Snow White!"
Let me guess, he's gonna throw little stuffed ponies at his enemies? Bah, it better the capes name, not the Gundam's xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 14:59   Link #1422
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
As long as the Lady Gaga of Gundams isn't under those capes, I can be forgiving. But looking at Katoki's previous work...

Yeah, we're going to get overkill.
I can only shudder to think, with all this teasing and not revealing them yet... oy >.>;;
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Gotta agree with GundamMeisterLockon, that is one badass looking Snow White. But seriously, Snow White? What kind of name is that???
"Behold, the God of Death has returned! He shall pass judgement on you with his Gundam Snow White!"
Let me guess, he's gonna throw little stuffed ponies at his enemies? Bah, it better the capes name, not the Gundam's xD
HAHA well Sumisawa has always seemed to like using fairy tale/literature/classic film references in Wing (like all the Wizard of OZ stuff, Audrey Hepburn throwbacks, etc), so it fits in thematically IMO. But yeah, it's really not a threatening name for a Gundam XD (Especially when your dad got a goodie like DEATHSCYTHE HELL!!! XD)

Also, did anyone else notice that Snow White's cloak specifically has a Grim Reaper hood?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 14:59   Link #1423
wingzerosnuggles

I think Duo Jr. is the one in Warlock. The one with the scythe looks wizard-y. Pointy hood and all...
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 15:00   Link #1424
Kitsoru

Quote:
I think Duo Jr. is the one in Warlock. The one with the scythe looks wizard-y. Pointy hood and all...
No. The translations had dialogue that confirmed Warlock is Heero's and SW is Duo's, go back and look.

EDIT: NM I did it for you:

Quote:
So Mini!Duo Maxwells tells Heero it's time to saddle up. He asks where his Snow White is and Priest!Duo tells him it's hanging out with Heero's Warlock.
Old 2010-12-22, 15:04   Link #1425
wingzerosnuggles

So Heero's piloting the one with the scythe?
Old 2010-12-22, 15:06   Link #1426
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Also, did anyone else notice that Snow White's cloak specifically has a Grim Reaper hood?
As I said, badass. Then again, you can't see Warlock's hood. Scratch that, you can't even see the freaking Gundams. ...ah! So that's what EW's epilogue of never seeing Gundams again was supposed to mean! xD

By the way, Heero is really taller than Relena in EW? I can't tell because they never stand next to each other. Closest thing we get is Heero diving headfirst into Relena's chest lol.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 15:06   Link #1427
Kitsoru

Quote:
So Heero's piloting the one with the scythe?
...No.... >.>

ASSUMEDLY, the one with the scythe is being piloted by Duo Jr, which would mean it is Snow White. Therefore the one with the beam saber is Warlock/Wizard piloted by Heero. I mean... the beam saber is Heero's weapon of choice and the scythe is "Duo Maxwell's" weapon of choice. So it's kinda obvious...

Quote:
As I said, badass. Then again, you can't see Warlock's hood. Scratch that, you can't even see the freaking Gundams. ...ah! So that's what EW's epilogue of never seeing Gundams again was supposed to mean! xD

By the way, Heero is really taller than Relena in EW? I can't tell because they never stand next to each other. Closest thing we get is Heero diving headfirst into Relena's chest lol.
LOL

It's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure that's the case, because if you freezeframe as he's falling against her you can kiiiinda see how they measure up, more or less, if they were standing at their full heights. In BT though he's definitely about 3" taller.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-22 at 16:01.
Old 2010-12-22, 15:07   Link #1428
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Is it possible that Snow White and Warlock are just codenames for the mobile suits?
Old 2010-12-22, 15:09   Link #1429
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Is it possible that Snow White and Warlock are just codenames for the mobile suits?
I was wondering that myself. They do seem like sort of ...strange names... But I guess time will tell. Gundam isn't exactly known for it's *normal* naming conventions XD
Old 2010-12-22, 15:12   Link #1430
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Yeah, he totally wasn't aiming for that.

Ugh, posting about fictional robots at four in the morning confuses me. >.>
Old 2010-12-22, 15:50   Link #1431
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Doing anything at all at four in the morning confuses me.
Old 2010-12-22, 16:50   Link #1432
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Zechs is dead
Old 2010-12-22, 17:16   Link #1433
White_Pumpkin
That one weird chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Zechs is dead
Well if he's playing possum like he was doing between the TV and EW, he better have one hell of a good excuse. Though it'll be interesting to see how he bit the dust. Part of me thinks Heero did it since Duo and Wufie said he went evil.

Other thoughts?
White_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 17:17   Link #1434
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Maybe he's just fixing the Tallgeese III, wherever the hell it is.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:43   Link #1435
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Maybe Noin killed him in a crime of passion after finding out he cheated on her.
Old 2010-12-22, 21:21   Link #1436
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

HOOKAAYY! I missed out on 3 pages over one night so this post is gonna be looonnggg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
@Michael HAHAHA i posted the one with the teddy bear! apparently REI from pixiV drew it...i don't know who that is or where exactly i found it, but i love her hair in the picture! Her hair should definately be more blonde though, I don't know why Milliardo turned out GORGEOUS and she came out just normal, wtf.
Nah, agreed, Relena’s character design is simple compared to that of Zechs’. Drawing-wise, you can’t exactly say she’s gorgeous like Chii [Chobits] or Princess Emeraude [Magic Knight Rayearth] because she doesn’t have big hair and she never wore bright colours.

But like how LadyRelena deciphered her character design, Relena is portrayed as a classic beauty. Both in the series and the novelised version of it. It’s the drawing VS how she’s seen within the series’ universe itself.

It’s like, Sakura and Tomoyo [Cardcaptor Sakura]. Although one can say Tomoyo is the prettiest girl in the cast as the drawing shows, the show itself implied that Sakura is the fairest of them all. I hope I’m making sense...?

About her hair colour. Although I like to believe she’s blonde, I wouldn’t argue with anyone who’ll say it’s light brown. There were instances where her hair appeared blonde, and yet there were also instances it appeared light brown. Heck, the official listing says it’s light brown [just like how it claimed her eyes are violet—uhh... wut?]

But yeah I just like to convince myself she’s blonde. LOL and I don’t think I’m the only one. ALL 1xR doujinshi and fics I’ve seen/read have her blonde. Besides, in anime, there are three ways you can portray blonde hair. The most common one being the use of yellow [Stellar Louissier], and then there’s gold [Sara Mudo of Angel Sanctuary] and then the use of a specific [real] shade of blonde [Relena/Fuu Hououji of Magic Knight Rayearth]—although the last one may be undoubtedly misleading to some. Also, in the BT manga, although it’s b+w, she was portrayed to have blonde hair [so you can only imagine how Asagi’s change of heart in FT bugs me]. So I guess I can somehow get away with it when I say she’s blonde.

Anyway I’m pretty sure FT will say she’s got brown or red hair now, but whatever. *sigh*

@IkuzeMinna I have to agree with the others. LOL. It was only in that particular scene. Although, I found it amusing too. But yeah Heero did grow taller... a bit.

Anyway, Zechs is a giant indeed. And Noin, Une and Sally. At 19?? Wow. Somehow, if Heero was around that age when he was frozen and still stands 5’1”, I’ll get pissed. Then again, what were the capsule’s dimensions? @_@

@LadyRelena Did you make that icon? It's epic. Hands down. I want it... LOL. And agreed. HEERO! FUCK HER ALREADY!

~

Bloody hell I don't know why but for some reason I am loving that Snow White and Wizard image tease! They look badass and scary to me! Reminds me of how epic Gundam Wing made the Gundam name sound. IT'S A GUNNDDAAAAMMM! But we don't even know yet if they're Gundams, ay. Hmmpf. Although I gotta say, it's quite Jedi-y/Sith-y to me too. But I love both Gundam Wing and Star Wars so I'm totally cool with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
LIKE SERIOUSLY, WHY ARE THEY IN CLOAKS? ARE THEY TRYING TO BE SNEAKY? HELLO 50 FT ROBOTS ARE NOT SUBTLE XDDD
But THIS. LOL. This commentary FTW! These beasts can never be subtle. xD

Quote:
Zechs is dead
You made me LOL with that literally.

Also wonder how Zechs became President prior to Dorothy and after Relena? I mean, he tried to blow up Earth... so... if he did become President, personally, I won't like it. It's not realistic to me...
Old 2010-12-22, 22:01   Link #1437
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Alrighty. Dunno if we already have this but I couldn't be bothered finding out so I'll post it anyway [plus I've already bloody ripped and scanned them T___T].

GotD November Issue - Forgot what chapter it is...? Soz.

http://www.mediafire.com/?leubl7p4njb9z4b

Old 2010-12-22, 23:52   Link #1438
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Also wonder how Zechs became President prior to Dorothy and after Relena? I mean, he tried to blow up Earth... so... if he did become President, personally, I won't like it. It's not realistic to me...
Zechs wasn't the ESUN President; he was head of Preventer's Mars base. Whoever the Mars President was hasn't been confirmed yet.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:20   Link #1439
Kitsoru

Quote:
Zechs is dead
Awwwww... There there, cheer up....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Zechs wasn't the ESUN President; he was head of Preventer's Mars base. Whoever the Mars President was hasn't been confirmed yet.
...What? Who translated this to confirm it was true? I'm not trusting babelfish that far.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:41   Link #1440
HeavensMachine

Once again I'm brought out of my lurker stat.

Agree with MichaelKnight and LadyRelena on all accounts regarding Relena's char. design!!!!!!!!!! You two are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those doujinshi are beautiful. Thanks guys for sharing. *huggles 1xR* b(>_<)d

LOL @ Relena and Taylor Swift ~~ quite a resemblance thuurr! lmao and I <3 Taylor too. 2 of my best gurls!! Yeyah.

And the thought of Heero looking up at Relena is highly amusing indeed. I'm glad he's taller in Asagi's illustrations. Thaannkiess Asagi!!

Sooo anyway the next issue is Feb right???? *whistles* The luv month. Plz FT, say sumthing sweet and epic and romantic and passionate and hot about 1xR! It's the luv month so I'll be blunt about my expectations. I really really really really really hope the next chapter will say something like, *coughs* they had hot sex before getting frozen. Haha. Woops. *wink*

But.

I doubt it..... I'm just gonna hav my heart broken once again. *tears*

RIP Zechs. The hottest Gundam masked villain eveerr. Srsly. I just hope he really did have twins with Noin. I mean come on, 6x9 is awesome. Every DECENT ship in GW seems to have sunk already I'm so frkn annoyed. And I support every single one of them. 13xL got dissolved when Treize died. 5xS has been erased off the face of the planet by FT...... although it's debatable if it really was there anyway. 2xH is still unconfirmed. And Hilde could be dead. Uhh! Still leaning on my 1xR and 4xD but those seem kinda hopeless too. Especially 1xR.... so sad their current situation is, really. What now, 3xM. Middii isn't even mentioned (yet). Despite her brief appearance in the manga I thought she was awesome. xD
HeavensMachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing