Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-28, 16:39   Link #1641
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
See, that's the thing. They were supposed to have all perished when they detonated their colony, but (IF you're counting it) BT showed Wufei with a group of what appeared to be at least Long clan descendants or relations (they were calling him Master, after all, and he was an heir...)
It's also an easy asspull for Sumisawa to make, if he wants to. XD

Same on the Howard flashback! That's new. :0
You're right. He was actually referred to as "Lord" but the people in the building were likely Long Clan members and like you said, Sumisawa could easily pull out a new Wufei.

I remember there being a similar panel or two in EZ that showed Howard hiding Peacemillion with Professor G on the moon but I can't remember which chapter it was in. Hopefully, some new info is revealed in GotD's panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
- Sylvia Noventa is an Ambassador
I actually liked her as a character. Interested to see what country she's an ambassador of. France maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Are there any pictures of Cathy/Kathy Po and Duo Jr?
You can find them at the bottom of the page here. Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Why did I immediately think of Transformers? xD Nice to see Sylvia and Une. Wonder how old Une is. O_O
Probably in her 50s.
Old 2010-12-28, 16:52   Link #1642
Kitsoru
:3c

RE: Une- Well, she, Zechs, and Noin were all the same age... which was ~4 years the Wingboys' seniors, so they'd be mid-late 40's if the Wingboys are in their early 40's?

I wish Sumisawa would give us an actual year count as far as how long it's been x.x;
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 17:25   Link #1643
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Well... this is my theory. It's MC-0022. I'm guessing it's something like 25 years or so into the future. This would make Duo only in his early 40s, but I suppose that'd work.

MC-0022 = 22 years
AC-197 = 3 years

Voila?
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 17:28   Link #1644
Kitsoru

Makes sense! That's about what I was thinking, as well. If Jr is 12-15, that would mean Duo (and Hilde or whoever) had him at about 25-28ish, which seems reasonable enough, and that Kathy Po (if she's about 20) would have been conceived about 3-5 years after EW?
Old 2010-12-28, 17:58   Link #1645
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Well... this is my theory. It's MC-0022. I'm guessing it's something like 25 years or so into the future. This would make Duo only in his early 40s, but I suppose that'd work.

MC-0022 = 22 years
AC-197 = 3 years

Voila?
I'd subscribe to that theory. I wonder how long it took for the terraforming on Mars to be complete.
Old 2010-12-28, 18:13   Link #1646
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'd subscribe to that theory. I wonder how long it took for the terraforming on Mars to be complete.
Well we know AC technology is pretty advanced, so I would put the figure at ~15 years.
Old 2010-12-28, 19:48   Link #1647
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Thanks, peacecraft! Thanks, IkuzeMinna!

WTF @ Sylvia Noventa... that is random indeed.
Old 2010-12-28, 20:01   Link #1648
wingzerosnuggles

Sylvia is often bashed by fandom for weird reasons. Usually depicted in fanon as a romantic rival to Relena. I have no idea why. The boy blew up her grandfather. If she's "evil" here, I will LOL. She seemed like such a nice girl in the series. She grew old with the rest of the unfrozen, right? Maybe she took over Relena's role in ESUN.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 20:30   Link #1649
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Sylvia is often bashed by fandom for weird reasons. Usually depicted in fanon as a romantic rival to Relena. I have no idea why. The boy blew up her grandfather. If she's "evil" here, I will LOL. She seemed like such a nice girl in the series. She grew old with the rest of the unfrozen, right? Maybe she took over Relena's role in ESUN.
She's bashed by the fandom? That's just dumb. She'll probably be very much like her grandfather in that she'll be pushing for peace.
Old 2010-12-28, 20:47   Link #1650
Kitsoru

Quote:
What, really? She was in like, one episode... XDDD god, this fandom, I swear...
But that's a good point, she would make a good candidate for (Vice/)Foreign Minister in Relena's wake, considering her background.
Old 2010-12-28, 22:39   Link #1651
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Man I do hope she's old. I mean, if she had been bashed by the fandom. There's got to be only ONE reason why. And yes... it's THAT reason.
*cough* Shi *cough* pping *cough*

Come on, I think you're all thinking it, consciously or subconsciously, yes? No? Sylvia Noventa? Once a cute chick, same age as our boys and princess, who had laid eyes on a certain Gundam pilot... and then there are 1x2 fans, and then there are 1xR fans. Yeah. Y'all know where I'm getting at, yes?

I can't say it coz I'm superstitious.
If one says it, it might come true. So, nopes. Zip. Nuh-uh.

This may be paranoia, but come on. Can't blame me. Sumisawa has proven to have that ability to write stuff that can make people go WTF. So it may be highly unlikely and waayyy too random but, you know... not impossible, either. Ok, I'll shut the F up.

*fret fret*

I just had to get this off my chest. Carry on, everyone.
Old 2010-12-28, 23:19   Link #1652
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Man I do hope she's old. I mean, if she had been bashed by the fandom. There's got to be only ONE reason why. And yes... it's THAT reason.
*cough* Shi *cough* pping *cough*

Come on, I think you're all thinking it, consciously or subconsciously, yes? No? Sylvia Noventa? Once a cute chick, same age as our boys and princess, who had laid eyes on a certain Gundam pilot... and then there are 1x2 fans, and then there are 1xR fans. Yeah. Y'all know where I'm getting at, yes?

I can't say it coz I'm superstitious.
If one says it, it might come true. So, nopes. Zip. Nuh-uh.

This may be paranoia, but come on. Can't blame me. Sumisawa has proven to have that ability to write stuff that can make people go WTF. So it may be highly unlikely and waayyy too random but, you know... not impossible, either. Ok, I'll shut the F up.

*fret fret*

I just had to get this off my chest. Carry on, everyone.
I get where you're coming from(kind of) but Sylvia was only in one episode and her interaction with Heero was filled with anger and grief. It would be pretty unusual if she fell for him.

I'm hoping Sylvia gets a bigger role than the one she played in the series, I just don't see her being a romantic interest for Heero. Atlthough, I'd laugh uncontrollably if she was.
Old 2010-12-28, 23:44   Link #1653
A-Crux
Áλφα-Crux///Alpha-Crux

well I was reading your late comments...and about Sylvia Noventa I'm not surprised she went in a political career, and is nice to hear about Lady Une. I'll wait until have more information about their current status...
thanks @Peacecraft for sharing those scans ...all images looks amazing, I just downloaded few minutes ago, and I realized about Catherine (Trowa's sister) is wearing a wedding ring (?)
A-Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 01:35   Link #1654
Strike Chaos

The ring is on her middle finger, not her index.
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 02:27   Link #1655
Samiia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I think as others said, this was to either keep Heero mentally on a less sympathetic track (again, remember people, Preventer is a military organization), OR it was to show clearly the difference between "Darlian" and "Peacecraft", perhaps. Sadness would show her capacity for empathy, something the Relena we know certainly has in spades. Perhaps "Peacecraft" lacks this important empathy?
I was figuring the first but the second idea i hadn't even considered. Hmm...and especially if she has Zech's memories and everything. I wouldn't really consider him the most empathetic individual in the series lol.

IkuzeMinna is amazing for posting those pictures!

Relena is GORGEOUS and masked Relena is friggin awesome. She looks like she could definitely kick someones ars!! Kind of hoping her and Heero get into some kind of physical altercation where she pwn's him ;]

Catherine looks cool and pretty intimidating. I don't know why they'd include her and not Duo and Wufei? I'm a lot more interested in seeing what THEY look like, since I'm having trouble imagining older versions on my own.

Katherine's resemblence to Quatre and NoName's resemblence to Trowa is a little annoying...way to recycle character designs, jeez -___- Actually Katherine looks JUST LIKE Quatre, I thought it was him at first since I didn't really get who was who in the images and I wtf'd.

Annndd if Sylvia ends up being Heero's love interest...I don't even know. I'll be mortified and sad and may have a tantrum.
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 02:48   Link #1656
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Whoa, this story really has me hooked now:

Quote:
The Martian Federation government declared itself an "independent Martian nation" in MC-0017, just five years prior. Mars' period of revolution is roughly two Earth years, so it was about ten years ago Earth Sphere time. The representative of the Martian Federation government was the first president, Milliardo Peacecraft. He was chosen democratically by the Martian representatives and after repeatedly negotiating with the stubborn Earth Sphere Unified Nation, he eluded to the obstructionism of commercial corporate groups of Martian development. Without one drop of blood spilled or resorting to extreme measures like a war for independence, the Martian government won the right of self-government. Amidst this declaration of independence, those who came to live on Mars started calling themselves Martians.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 02:51   Link #1657
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Amidst this declaration of independence, those who came to live on Mars started calling themselves Martians.
Great, now my mind is making all kinds of War of the Worlds jokes.
Old 2010-12-29, 10:42   Link #1658
Strike Chaos

Now I see why the ESUN president wants to kill Relena, the mars president. And do mars mobile suits look like tripods.
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 11:21   Link #1659
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
I was figuring the first but the second idea i hadn't even considered. Hmm...and especially if she has Zech's memories and everything. I wouldn't really consider him the most empathetic individual in the series lol.
And it was Zechs who even told Heero that he (Heero) was a pure person who could empathize with people, unlike Zechs himself
Quote:
Catherine looks cool and pretty intimidating. I don't know why they'd include her and not Duo and Wufei? I'm a lot more interested in seeing what THEY look like, since I'm having trouble imagining older versions on my own.
Cockteasing XD
Quote:
Annndd if Sylvia ends up being Heero's love interest...I don't even know. I'll be mortified and sad and may have a tantrum.
Uh. Guys. Not to belittle or anything but... you're being incredibly silly.
Quote:
Whoa, this story really has me hooked now:
Hmmmm... so the ESUN will be the "OZ/oppressor/whatever you want to call that antagonist shade of gray role in gundam" in all of this? This is getting good!

(also lol, Martians)

EDIT: I'm also pleased that Sumisawa is (correctly) accounting for the time differences on Mars vs Earth, and happily await what shenanigans pop up due to these differences. Some people might have aged at completely different rates depending where they were, technically!

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-29 at 12:43.
Old 2010-12-29, 13:05   Link #1660
Elo the Blue

Martians, eh? I like it. Finally, the story is ramping up.

On a different note, I know I'm amazingly slow but it hit me not too long ago that the White Fang's "Artemis Revolution" was named after the revolutionist. With that in mind, we'll probably hear of creepy old Quinze in the novel at some point.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing