Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-09-17, 17:57   Link #1
SarahEm1234
Oops

Romance Manga

Hi! I'm looking for a romance manga with these requirements:

- No love triangles (If there are, keep it to the minimum)
- No Harem
- No annoying or bitchy MC
- COMPLETED
- No Instant Love or where the main leads get together after the first few chapters
- PLEASE NO STUPID male/female lead, although them being dense is fine.
- Happy Ending ( I like marriage, but if the couple is only together, it's fine)
- ROMANCE MUST BE THE MAIN FOCUS
- No girl older than boy tropes

Below are some of the things I like in in any story. I'm not really looking for a specific type of romance, but I do have some things that I'm in the mood for:

- Age gap (Like Shugo Chara. anywhere from 4-9 years)
- Bad Boys
- Ecchi (THIS ONE IS NOT REQUIRED. Ecchi is fine as long as it's no hentai, borderline hentai is also fine )
- I don't mind anything supernatural
- Female Student/Male Teacher relationship
- less than 300 chapters

Everything above is NOT a requirement, just a preference.

Mangas I've Read:
- Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun (ONE OF MY FAVORITES)
- Oretama
- Faster Than a Kiss (ONE OF MY FAVORITES)
- Shugo Chara (The thing about this one is that the main leads never kiss)
- Honey x Honey Drops
- Special A (ALL TIME FAVORITE))
- Kamisama Hajimemashita

Last edited by SarahEm1234; 2016-09-20 at 18:49.
SarahEm1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 01:06   Link #2
jedinat

Mars (bad boy)
Emma
Dear Mine (age gap)
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 20:28   Link #3
SarahEm1234
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Mars (bad boy)
Emma
Dear Mine (age gap)
I've seen your suggestions, and this is completely my fault, but I forgot to add that I don't like instant love and girl older than the boy tropes.

As for Mars, thank you for that suggestion. It looks like something I would like to read, and I'll check it out. Keep the recommendations coming.
Old 2017-01-29, 02:05   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
You obviously want to read Taiyou no Ie aka House of the Sun.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 20:11   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Among manga:
If you're into age gap and simple love, I'd suggest Miman Renai. It's not a great fit since the guy falls for the girl halfway through their first conversation. They don't become a couple though, and it's not clear how much the girl likes him or how early she may start to love him. Even if she did fall for him early, she's not in a hurry for romance and they couldn't do jack if they WERE hurried. Since she's a seventh-grader and he's a college graduate and eroge programmer, things are going to go slow.

If you're willing to go with something more shounen, one straightforward and relatively short series that might be OK is Ginen Shounen. Yes, there is a love triangle, but it's hardly a complex one. Frankly, the rival is set from the start as practically the villain, and the girl's feelings for said rival amount to either a desire to answer his love or a desire to avoid causing problems for the boy she really loves. Again, not a great fit but I'd say it's OK.

Better would be Bitter Virgin. Love is somewhat slow on the girl's part, largely because of trauma that's keeping her from even associating with guys much less actually liking one. The very first chapter reveals that she was severely abused in junior high by her stepfather, who got her pregnant twice. The first miscarried and the second put so much strain on her health that the doctors weren't even willing to do an abortion, and even left her likely unable to bear any more children. Hardly surprising that just the thought that a man might touch her is enough to throw her into a major panic, and the only reason she's able to talk to main character Daisuke, and even then only after carefully steeling herself for the first several encounters, is because she heard him tell his friend that while he could have his pick she's the one girl that he simply wouldn't bother with. Unbeknownst to her, he found out her secret and it completely transformed his interpretation of her entire being.

And then there's Uwagaki. This one looks like a love triangle in some ways but in other ways it isn't. The hero loves a girl who thinks he's just not boyfriend material and tells him to give up before he even confesses. She then goes on to mention having a boyfriend, at which point the mad scientist teacher they're helping splits her into two copies and erases all memory of the boyfriend from the copy's mind so that he can see whether the hero would be able to win her heart without the boyfriend issue. Almost immediately after this happens the original's boyfriend dumps her. It thus becomes a complicated story but not really something you could qualify as a "love triangle". Especially since part of the concept is that the pair are to be recombined after a time, at which point if the copy's love for the hero is greater than the original's love for the (ex)boyfriend, all memory of said boyfriend will be erased (and similarly if it doesn't win then any romantic memories between the copy and the hero won't transfer). And, since you want confirmation on the ending and this one's a little weird
Spoiler:

Don't really have anything in anime off the top of my head. Best I can think of is My Love Story (Ore Monogatari), which has the two pair up quite quickly, and Gosick, which is often focused at least as much on the mysteries as it is on the relationship between the pair, and while they end together the nature of their relationship is not clearly defined.

Don't know if any of these will be incredibly great to you, but those are the romances that I thought of
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote