AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 23:34   Link #1201
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Woah. Source?
Here you go
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:35   Link #1202
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Damn. Missed it in skimming the backlog.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:36   Link #1203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
You mean like how Haruki acts in this scene?

Exactly, that's exactly it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:45   Link #1204
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Another Korean gem:

Yuuki: I'm the one who can make Koizumi happy.

Haruki: "Yeah right! Since I brought her, she's MINE!"

Kyon-chan: "What kind of logic is that? If we go by those lines of thoughts, then you were brought into the world by you mother! Go marry her!"

Haruki: "Hey Kyon, why are you here? You're a girl!"

Kyon-chan: "So what? You guys forgot something important: Koizumi's thoughts! Koizumi, you're choosing me, right?"

Koizumi: "Eh? Well....."

Haruki: "Also, my XXX in the biggest here, right Yuuki?"

Yuuki: "................"

Kyon-chan: "Hey, why does that come into this talk? Anyway, I'm not handing Koizumi to you!"

Haruki: "Kyon, are you bigger than mine?"

Kyon-chan: "Of course I don't have it! I'll sue you for harassment!"

Asahina: "Excuse me, I'm also here....."

Kyon-chan: "Huu... whatver. Let's just ask Koizumi; that's the fastest way."

(Four pairs of eeys looks at Koizumi)

Koizumi: ".............."
Old 2008-03-09, 23:45   Link #1205
Jobrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoflife View Post
She does sort of need to have some fetish, just because it is a plot point in the original-- she needs something along the lines of "hey you looked really hot when you _________" to say. But I think ponytails would still work.
Someone suggested that Kyon-ko could just kiss Haruki wordlessly in the dream, and then when they come to class the next day, it's HARUKI who says that he finds ponytails sexy.

I actually like that idea, if only because it means we'd get a blushing Kyon-ko, which is the most awesome thing ever
Jobrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:47   Link #1206
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Another Korean gem:

snip
HAHA LOL WUT.

And that's intended in the best way possible.

Old 2008-03-09, 23:47   Link #1207
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Another Korean gem:

Would work better were it Kyon in the dress, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrill View Post
Someone suggested that Kyon-ko could just kiss Haruki wordlessly in the dream, and then when they come to class the next day, it's HARUKI who says that he finds ponytails sexy.

I actually like that idea, if only because it means we'd get a blushing Kyon-ko, which is the most awesome thing ever
Yeah, that was one of my suggestions. I think.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:48   Link #1208
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Would work better were it Kyon in the dress, but...
No no no no no, that's part of the joke.

Old 2008-03-09, 23:49   Link #1209
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
HAHA LOL WUT.

And that's intended in the best way possible.
Some guys over here makes Kyon-chan the seme to Koizumi's uke.

THAT'S the joke.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:49   Link #1210
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Some guys over here makes Kyon-chan the seme to Koizumi's uke.

THAT'S the joke.
I know, but...
Old 2008-03-09, 23:50   Link #1211
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
I know, but...
Fine then. The canon fanart has Kyon-chan in the middle, as so easily predicted.

Old 2008-03-09, 23:56   Link #1212
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Fine then. The canon fanart has Kyon-chan in the middle, as so easily predicted.
But do you expect Koizumi to be that aggressive?
Old 2008-03-09, 23:57   Link #1213
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
In a word, yes.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:58   Link #1214
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Did this pic get posted here?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:58   Link #1215
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
I don't think it's too hard to imagine.

Anyway. We're derailing the topic too much unless we discuss the application of how aggressive Koizumi's advances on Kyon-chan will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Did this pic get posted here?
Not that I've seen.

Old 2008-03-09, 23:59   Link #1216
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Goodness, this thread is so fast. I went to sleep for what, five hours...? And find that I've missed quite a few entire debates

Oh well. I still have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrill View Post

While I think it's a good idea for Haruki to be the one to say the ponytail thing, it'd be kind of void of meaning unless the ponytail is made an issue at an earlier point. I mean, of course, it is obvious that referring to a ponytail is referring to Kyonko in this context, but I still think it'd be kind of odd if he just said something about them out of the blue. I think they should be mentioned somehow at some point.

How that would happen, I don't know. It'd just feel more natural to me (I hope I'm not the only one...).
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 00:06   Link #1217
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

You know, here's a future idea: Because Haruhi was bored, she made several SOS-Dan members turn into the other sex, like this short Korean Comic:

I'll translate it later on.
Old 2008-03-10, 00:38   Link #1218
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Normal MoHS image folder: 1327 pictures.
Genderswapped MoHS image folder: 354 pictures.

Admittedly, I haven't been saving everything I come across, for either category.

Considering the amount of time I've been collecting MoHS pics, compared to how long this thread has been around, this is very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Question.

If Kyon was turned on by ponytails in the canonverse... does this also hold true for Kyonko as well? Or do we need to come up with a different fetish for her? A love of mullets? Hairbands?

Hmm...
Hm.

Spoiler for Typed out in two minutes:

Quote:
Kyon-chan will try to do her best to prevent everyone from taking any drinks, but Haruki's most likely gonna find a creative way around that. He'll likely even get her drunk, after which we'll see what happens.
Quote:
Someone else might have to advise me on writing that... I've never been drunk so I have no experiences to write from.
Oh good, a chance to ramble on about myself.

I've gotten drunk before (several times; try to find ways to occupy your evenings with something else if one of your friends is a heavy drinker, people), and seen other people drunk before, but I've never experienced a hangover before. Possibly this is because I'm an extreme lightweight.

Generally when you're drunk, thinking becomes harder, and everything starts becoming a good idea, since you can't quite think of any reasons why not. I once found myself going through the multiples of seven in my head just to prove that I was not drunk, when the fact that I was doing this in the first place proved I was. (For what it's worth, I got it correct until and including seven times twelve, then I drew a blank.)

Sense of balance goes long before that. Everything seems a bit blurry and unstable, and your limbs don't seem to be able to go where you want them to, and there's a sort of feeling of seasickness. You just want to lie down until it all goes away.

Anyway, this manifests in different ways. Some people get louder, some people start shouting, some people dance on tables, some people start crying into their alcohol and lament their life stories. Me, I get quieter and quieter, since about all that goes on in my brain is "durrr... I don't have anything to say, so I don't say anything". Anecdote: since I'm usually not very talkative (in Real Life) anyway, the only way my friends knew I was drunk during ACen 2006 was when I started lagging behind, and then keeled over very neatly from vertical to horizontal. According to one of my friends, I made "a very impressive thump". (Speaking of which, when he gets drunk, he starts giggling at random things. Like that thump.)

Now, applied to Haruki and co., it depends on what sort of drunks they are. According to the novel, Haruhi is a louder version of her usual self, while we don't know what Kyon and Mikuru's reactions are like, except that Kyon doesn't remember a lot, and that Mikuru can't hold her drink and has a "dreamy expression" when drunk. Yuki is unaffected. No mention of Koizumi imbibing is made.

According to the referenced doujin, Haruhi is louder (and more violent), Mikuru is near-comatose, and Koizumi is, um, gayer. Yuki is as expressionless as ever, but she goes into a sort of shutdown/standby mode while trying to recover.

So, do we want to keep these characterizations, or tweak them to something else? Maybe Haruki goes in vino veritas and starts confessing his true feelings, or simply weeps into his wine. Haruhi may be a violent drunk, but translate it to Haruki and he has the potential to do a lot of unintentional physical damage, so it probably shouldn't be exaggerated too much.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 00:43   Link #1219
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
In a word, yes.
Quote:
I don't think it's too hard to imagine.

Anyway. We're derailing the topic too much unless we discuss the application of how aggressive Koizumi's advances on Kyon-chan will be.
Seems like people like these types of scenes:

Of course, we do have the question of what kind of girl Koizumi would be. Would she be like a nymphet or a woman? (Below are some pics drawn by a friend)

Old 2008-03-10, 00:43   Link #1220
FicFactor

Okay, I've endured and been delighted through all sixty-plus pages of this thread/quasi-movement and I simply had to register to commend you all. Great work, all involved in bringing this concept to being!

As another of those fans eagerly (read: "impatiently") anticipating the next season of the anime, I've found Haruki, Kyonko et al, and the very idea of such a similiar yet different world impossible not to become enamoured with.

I'll try to contribute some (less than stellar) fan-art sooner rather than later to the existing mountains of quality fan-produced work for this idea, but for the meantime, all I can do is to reiterate my praise. Well done!
FicFactor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan