AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 17:40   Link #1
Tripp

Bigfoot!

Anyone else following the story? Seems to have made its way to CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14...ef=mpstoryview
Tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 17:42   Link #2
gabbytay
Banned

I'll wait the DNA analysis to believe bigfoot is real.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 17:44   Link #3
james0246

This is going to be a cool hoax, if nothing else. One of the better Bigfoot hoax from the past few years.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 18:17   Link #4
iMaakasu
BRB,, Wonderland

Send a message via MSN to iMaakasu
Probably a hoax I guess..
But maybe it'll get interesting?
iMaakasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 20:42   Link #5
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
It was known to be a hoax from day one. The "bigfoot" was identifiable as a common costume, and the body is never shown to journalists.

Oh, and the person behind this is known to have pulled publicity stunts before, including other bigfoot hoaxes.

There is plenty of information to debunk it here:
http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 20:45   Link #6
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Planned to make this subject after the evaluation today, supposobly.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 22:37   Link #7
sopple
sopple here and there

i actually think that some lagitamite evidence since gorillas have blak hair not brown, to big to be a gorilla and it is to real looking to be fake.
sopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 22:44   Link #8
sa547
*Author

I watched a very interesting documentary on Bigfoot, with investigators trying to analyze the famous footage and see whether it's a hoax or not.
Old 2008-08-15, 22:48   Link #9
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
I watched a very interesting documentary on Bigfoot, with investigators trying to analyze the famous footage and see whether it's a hoax or not.
Its really a hoax i mean why not donate the body to 'real' scientist to examine the body.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 02:28   Link #10
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Its really a hoax i mean why not donate the body to 'real' scientist to examine the body.
That was pretty much my thought. The discovery of a large primate in north america which has managed to remain undiscovered for so long would be huge in scientific circles and force us to reexamine what we thought we knew about requirements for breeding population of large mammals to survive. Yet they aren't releasing the body for study? Something's not right there. Either it's a hoax, which is highly likely, or it's a bunch of greedy bastards trying to make money off it.
Old 2008-08-16, 08:01   Link #11
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Either it's a hoax, which is highly likely, or it's a bunch of greedy bastards trying to make money off it.
Of course, the answer is... Both.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 11:35   Link #12
Coruja

After the Montauk monster story, I don't believe it.

Nah, it would be quite cool, I think it's a hoax though.

But it kind of crushes my childish beliefs! Next thing I know they'll tell me that there is no such thing as Nessie. *dies*
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 15:37   Link #13
iMaakasu
BRB,, Wonderland

Send a message via MSN to iMaakasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Next thing I know they'll tell me that there is no such thing as Nessie. *dies*
Nessie isn't real='[??
iMaakasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 19:25   Link #14
sopple
sopple here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaakasu View Post
Nessie isn't real='[??
how do you know nesie is or isnt real. thats what alot of people do they say that these things arnt real because they havent seen ant evidence. just because you havent seen any evedence dosent mean they arnt real.

my point being dont asume something because you havent seen any evidence. it could still be real
Old 2008-08-16, 19:36   Link #15
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopple View Post
how do you know nesie is or isnt real. thats what alot of people do they say that these things arnt real because they havent seen ant evidence. just because you havent seen any evedence dosent mean they arnt real.

my point being dont asume something because you havent seen any evidence. it could still be real
If there's no evidence, there's no reason to assume that it's there at all. Perhaps you're familiar with "Russell's Teapot?"

In the case of Nessie, I do believe they've searched the entire lake and found no sign of it, though, in addition to many biological problems a creature of that size would run into.
Old 2008-08-16, 19:46   Link #16
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Bigfoot, Nessie, etc... are exactly the opposite of how science works. In science we hypothesize the existence of creatures due to evidence (bones, corpses, etc...), and sometimes find these creatures (eg. coelacanth). For this, all we get are blurred images that shows the existence of the creatures without any evidence. To me, this is just weird and against the norm, so that's why I don't believe in them. However, I'll wait for the verdict before saying anything else.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 20:16   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Bigfoot, Nessie, etc... are exactly the opposite of how science works. In science we hypothesize the existence of creatures due to evidence (bones, corpses, etc...), and sometimes find these creatures (eg. coelacanth). For this, all we get are blurred images that shows the existence of the creatures without any evidence. To me, this is just weird and against the norm, so that's why I don't believe in them. However, I'll wait for the verdict before saying anything else.
That's not really true though. Most new species we find are by chance. Plus a bones and corpses are more than enough evidence on their own. However, we are talking about large primates in the case of bigfoot, so they'd be a lot more obvious than say a new 2 inch long tree frog. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we found out bigfoot is real, but I'd be suprised. Based on what we think we know there wouldn't be enough food for a large primate to survive, so if bigfoot is real, that migtht change the way we think about that stuff.
Old 2008-08-16, 21:00   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
And that's exactly it... We're talking about large primates that we can't get a clear picture of... For others, there's a reason why we haven't discovered them; they're either in the dangerous Amazon jungle, deep in the ocean, or otherwise hard to discover. If Bigfoot is real, then someone looking at the pictures would think that the same people trying to prove that Bigfoot is real is trying to lead others into thinking that it's not real. I mean, why else would the pictures be blurry, grainy, black and white, etc..., if it's seen by so many people and no one can produce a good picture?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 19:06   Link #19
sopple
sopple here and there

do we know for sure that area 51 is real? if it is theres a high possibility that they are farther in technoligey then we think. so if thats true then area 51 can possibly be hiding the creatures we dont know about. there could be so much the goverment isnt telling us.
Old 2008-08-17, 19:15   Link #20
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
I'll wait the DNA analysis to believe bigfoot is real.
Rumors have it that the alleged "Bigfoot" belongs to John Edwards, allegedly...

People are just raking in hype and attention...If it ain't seeing Jesus in your toast or having a ghost in a jar, it's dumb little myths like Bigfoot and the Lockness Monster...Of course, no one has claimed to have found Locky yet, so this Bigfoot thing is a +1 on the record...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myth