AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 21:29   Link #1
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, next Type-Moon's project

It would seem Type-Moon doesn't like its competitor getting ahead in this year's game race.

From Visual Novels.net

Quote:
Type Moon has finally announced a new visual novel project, Mahou Tsukai no Yoru ~ Witch on the Holy Night. The game right now is reported to be a prequel to Tsukihime with Aoko Aozaki as the main character, who was a minor character in Tsukihime and Melty Blood. There is a site up now, and more information will become available in Type Moon Ace, which will go on sale April 21st. It's not exactly a completely new work, but the news of a new visual novel from Type Moon is definitely a good thing.

It would seem it will be based on a written novel "released" on the 1996 (it only saw a private release, it never went public) of the same name by Nasu Kinoko. Just to help dispel the rumours, it would seem it hasn't been announced whether this will be a visual novel, a commercial release of the book or whatever. We will have to wait for April 21st for more details

Last edited by Proto; 2008-04-04 at 22:17.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:58   Link #2
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Can't you use the English name given? "Witch On the Holy Night"

Makes you wonder where the folks at Type-Moon get their money from before they decide to do this and after releasing Fate/hollow ataraxia. (The same goes for the folks at Key. ) Through all the franchise stuff they sell in Comiket and Akiba, perhaps?

From the name, I won't be surprised if this shares the same Type-Moon universe that Tsukihime and Fate inhabit, with references made to the vampires and Holy Grail Wars.

Back in 2004, Type-Moon released Fate opposite of Key's Clannad. Type-Moon won in terms of games sold, though Key got one back in the anime adaptation department thanks to their strategic collaboration with Kyoto Animation. This would be another interesting VN games war between the two giants.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 13:09   Link #3
Avisch
Reality Blender

I heard this on the beast's lair. Such great news. I had heard about Mahoutsukai back when I first got into Type-Moon. I'm happy it gets a release like this atleast.

Kinny Riddle: The summary is pretty clear in saying that it does take place in the same world. The story is about Aoko so it won't be talking about the Grail war or Vampires as much as it will talk about magic/magecraft (they are two different things mind you) aswell as her past and relationship with her sister.

The summary of the book goes as such

Spoiler for Summary:

In any case. I love Aoko (as I love most major Type-Moon characters). I'm very excited for this.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:36   Link #4
Proto

Quote:
Makes you wonder where the folks at Type-Moon get their money from before they decide to do this and after releasing Fate/hollow ataraxia. (The same goes for the folks at Key. ) Through all the franchise stuff they sell in Comiket and Akiba, perhaps?
Well they had Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] for the PS2 to milk as well, but yeah, this comes as a fresh breeze after all their milking they had done of Fate Stay Night since the 2004

Quote:
Can't you use the English name given? "Witch On the Holy Night"
I'd be glad to even change the game part to project as to avoid confusion but sadly normal members don't have the privileges to change the thread title once created

Last edited by Proto; 2008-04-05 at 18:19.
Old 2008-04-05, 16:58   Link #5
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Mahou Tsukai no Yoru = A Magician’s Night, "Witch On the Holy Night" is the game's subtitle
Old 2008-04-05, 19:19   Link #6
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Actually this is where all the elements of the Nasu-verse stems from. A loser of a guy living with a strong willed long haired female and her dark weak willed sister in a huge mansion.

But I don't expect the original prototype to be good since he wrote it back in his student days and distribute about 10 copies to his closest friends for opinions.

Now that he has drag the entire thing out into the open, I believe that Nasu had done some massive improvement to the writings. It will be interesting if someone had obtained a original copy to see how bad Nasu was after the release of this.

But the main issue I have with this announcement is not whether Nasu is/was a good/bad writer, but why is TM dragging out his old titles for sale ? Don't they have enough faith in him in producing a new piece of work ?

If they are not confident in him, why don't they train/recruit a new writer ? Or perhaps TM has already had this in mind and is using Nasu's old works for testing ground with edits done by somebody new.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 22:46   Link #7
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Actually this is where all the elements of the Nasu-verse stems from. A loser of a guy living with a strong willed long haired female and her dark weak willed sister in a huge mansion.

But I don't expect the original prototype to be good since he wrote it back in his student days and distribute about 10 copies to his closest friends for opinions.

Now that he has drag the entire thing out into the open, I believe that Nasu had done some massive improvement to the writings. It will be interesting if someone had obtained a original copy to see how bad Nasu was after the release of this.

But the main issue I have with this announcement is not whether Nasu is/was a good/bad writer, but why is TM dragging out his old titles for sale ? Don't they have enough faith in him in producing a new piece of work ?

If they are not confident in him, why don't they train/recruit a new writer ? Or perhaps TM has already had this in mind and is using Nasu's old works for testing ground with edits done by somebody new.
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru is considered one of Nasu's best works, though I wish he would do something with Angel Notes, V.V and Godo are IMO some of the best characters he created.

As for getting a new writer TM would never do that as TM is Nasu's and Takeuchi's company

Also the text says:

ー坂の上のお屋敷には、二人の魔女が住むでいるー

In the mansion on the top of a slope, two witches are living

Last edited by Sterling01; 2008-04-06 at 00:30.
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 22:08   Link #8
EvoSpace

Send a message via AIM to EvoSpace Send a message via MSN to EvoSpace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru is considered one of Nasu's best works, though I wish he would do something with Angel Notes, V.V and Godo are IMO some of the best characters he created.
I second that. notes. has the most interesting world setting out of Nasu's works.

Although I'm quite excited about Mahoyo.... ^^;
EvoSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:04   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru is considered one of Nasu's best works,
Sometime the truth is blown out of proportion and into something mythical. Might I ask how many people read the original script of Mahou Tsukai besides the supposed 10 individual when it wasn't meant for a public release ?

Even a prodigy starts out as a rough diamond and it takes some polishing before he shines so I still like people to see the original unedited script before passing on judgement.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 20:17   Link #10
Proto

It seems Type-Moon counter to Key's alliance with 07 Expansion was...

a 3 combo attack involving the aforementioned Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, a Tsukihime remake were the CG's will be done from scratch, and will finally include Satsuki as a proper heroin, and a completely new game called Girl's work in which Nasu (the main writer for Tsukihime and Fate/Stay night) won't participate.

source 1
source 2
Old 2009-08-19, 23:29   Link #11
Weils

It's been more than a year since the last info trickled out.

Mahou Tsukai no Yoru will be released 2010. Source is from Type Moon Ace October 2009 issue.

Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 08:59   Link #12
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally some news. I can't wait to see a young Toko & Aoko.
Old 2011-02-09, 19:36   Link #13
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

mmm... Young Aoko...

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-02-10 at 23:31. Reason: Someone reported Aoko's bikini pic on ImageShack. For shame.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:28   Link #14
Seitsuki
Onee!

Took long enough for a release. And still no word on Tsukihime (sequel, remake or otherwise D: )

More Aoko is always welcome :3 (we haven't really had any illustrations of her since Tsukihime anyway)
Old 2011-02-11, 02:16   Link #15
Nyat

The game hasn't been released.
Nyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 08:21   Link #16
Belgaesh

I just one thing to say about this game; delays, delays and more delays, when I'm gonna get my Aoko.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 09:20   Link #17
Nyat

Quote:
when I'm gonna get my Aoko.
NEVER! Nasu is evil.
Nyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 09:21   Link #18
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

What sucks is us English speakers would have to wait even longer for a TL patch. >.<
Old 2011-02-11, 11:05   Link #19
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

At least there'll be a high possibility that it will be translated We just need to be patience

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:19   Link #20
Seitsuki
Onee!

Mirrormoon should be picking this up. Probably one of the best TL groups out there.

Link if you want to preorder (a release date would have been nice, but hey the fact you can preorder at all means it won't be a few more years ._. )

New Typemoon link

(all in jp)

Tags
type-moon, visual novel