AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 22:20   Link #3661
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
Seems I'm the only one who liked more the 2nd series of GA than the 1st one. The very first one was nice, but ML and EL were both in the badish side of things. In contrast, in GAII the villains seem more of a menace.
And even if the battles are a breeze, you still have to go through the whole story just to see maybe one hour of new content.
That's one more hour of Rico!!

But ya, one of the problems I had with the GA series was the overlap between routes. Generally playing the chars you like is enough...
Old 2012-08-28, 00:26   Link #3662
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
That's one more hour of Rico!!

But ya, one of the problems I had with the GA series was the overlap between routes. Generally playing the chars you like is enough...
Though in MKnK there's an extra scene after finishing all routes, and in EKnT you get extra scenes and battles finishing additional routes. Maybe the developers figured they needed something to make one play it fully?
Old 2012-08-29, 02:22   Link #3663
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
In contrast, in GAII the villains seem more of a menace.
The 3 stooges of the Arms Alliance are a joke. I couldn't take them seriously at all. As for the man behind them, his actual abilities just isn't powerful enough for all the hype given during in-game dialogue.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:12   Link #3664
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
The 3 stooges of the Arms Alliance are a joke. I couldn't take them seriously at all. As for the man behind them, his actual abilities just isn't powerful enough for all the hype given during in-game dialogue.
They're still better than Gern, whose only personality trait is talking haughtily, and has an indestructible weapon for no good reason. (And maybe not the other two, but I found Genievres genuinely interesting)

Though it may be true that given what he can do
Spoiler:
, final villain's combat capabilities seem somewhat in the low side.
Old 2012-08-30, 04:57   Link #3665
Kirayuki

Trial for the new August game is out
http://august-soft.com/daito/download.html

Have been waiting for this. Hope it turns out better than the previous game
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:43   Link #3666
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Yay!

My HatsuSaku goodies arrived today

The drama cd and a 192 pages artbook.

The only thing that i have to wait for now is the Mashiro iro Symphony visual fanbook from c82 to arrive (which is unfortunately still stuck at the customs)

late edit after finished listening the whole drama cd: Overall it was a fun sidestory that could have taken place during the "Memory" and before the "Ghost Love" chapters of the graduation route. It had a fair ammount of references to the orginal game , but i am pretty sure the people who bought this cd would have played it anyway.

There are small cameo with Ayumu from Natsuyume Nagisa, Miu from Coming x Humming plus Ichika, Mikoto and Saya (i am not sure with Saya because she was a little harder to hear) from kisaragi gold star in the drama cd. None of them were called by name, but you could identify them based on the way how they talked and seiyuu, plus sometimes they mentioned something that was a reference to that game.
Spoiler for Natsuyume Nagisa Spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-30 at 14:59. Reason: added spoiler tags...
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 13:23   Link #3667
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I finished Yuma's route in HoneyComing and despite a few meh-aspects I liked it in general. A heartwarming conclusion which she deserved and a quite positive character development.
Claire's route has been a sweet experience and had a feeling-wise early credit roll (even before h-scene 1 ). And yet, she was famous enough to have received her own mini fandisc.
Marino's started uhm ... harsh or rather rude towards the main lead, but her softening up is well enough.

I'm looking forward to Imouto no Katachi and Sakura sakimashita even though the Sakura sakimashita's summary sounds like a nakige =/.
Old 2012-08-30, 13:31   Link #3668
hyl
reading #hikaributts

While i am not awefully familiar with Hooksoft games (only sakura bitmap and strawberry nauts, which i gave up half way), aren't most of their games pretty short (as in playtime in hours) compared to the average eroge?
If so, i can probably squeeze some hours beginning to read Honey Coming or SuGirly Wish before my copy of Naka no Hito nado Inai! arrives in the mail (which was shipped earlier today)
Old 2012-08-30, 15:03   Link #3669
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
While i am not awefully familiar with Hooksoft games (only sakura bitmap and strawberry nauts, which i gave up half way), aren't most of their games pretty short (as in playtime in hours) compared to the average eroge?
If so, i can probably squeeze some hours beginning to read Honey Coming or SuGirly Wish before my copy of Naka no Hito nado Inai! arrives in the mail (which was shipped earlier today)
I'd say they're not particularly short, but HoneyComing was also one of the longer games (definitely longer than Sakura Bitmap, anyway). SuGirly Wish had some routes that were a bit longer than others too. In the end, I'm not sure if they're that much shorter than the average eroge, but they tend to be a bit more obvious in their structure (divided in to chapters visible in the title bar), and the common route tends to be at least as long as each route (usually 13 chapters common route, 13 chapters heroine route, or thereabouts... sort of anime-style).

P.S. Definitely want the Mashiro-iro Symphony Visual Fanbook. It looks like Palette will be selling it as a mail-order item on their website starting on 8 September, so I hope I can get an order in then...
Old 2012-08-30, 15:32   Link #3670
amoirsp

Quote:
Yay!

My HatsuSaku goodies arrived today
Mind if I ask where online the promotion of these goods were at? I look at HatsuSaku goods often, and then I still get surprised seeing something exist that was not on say, an online shop's catalog (maybe that's why I didn't see it, it's not on there probably). Was it C82 specific? I thought the last recent goods they had was like, the character song CDs and the tapestry/poster of it which were like 2500 yen and 4500 yen specifically. But since I can't read Japanese I completely forgot what event was it exclusive at or even how/where to buy it.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:36   Link #3671
hyl
reading #hikaributts

You could try checking the news on their main page or you could follow the twitter pages of different eroge companies (like i am following Yuzusoft, Alcot, Sagaplanets, August, Minori, Pallete and many others )

For Hatsuyuki Sakura, their main page is enough. Bceause they hardly update their twitter .
http://sagaplanets.product.co.jp/wor...yuki/index.htm

On the other hand Yuzusoft is hardly even updating their website for the past few months >_> and that why i wasn't even aware of their just released OST for Dracu-Riot (with the full version of Scarlet) and that they are still working on an android version of draclock app (btw they tweeted about that 2-3 days ago ).

edit: i would have showed off other items and the limited edition bonus goods from that drama cd, but that would have been a little too NSFW.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-08-30 at 16:03.
Old 2012-09-01, 14:05   Link #3672
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I started playing Sakura sakimashita. And it looks fine enough as most of the girls appear quite likeable and some of them whacky. I loved the opening movie melody, but it felt a bit short (might just be my imagination). Then I read on vndb two better-be-careful-keywords: Genre shift + apocalpyse. Now I don't mind genre shifts, but obviously based on the summary it's a world-will-end one and my pessimism tells me it will turn into some overly angsty drama "crap". Despite the forced playing order, I'll still play through - at least - the first route to see how it is handled.

I also played into Madoka's route in Canvas 4. She did an awesome supporting job for the main character and her fascination for him is quite touching. Overall, Achrome Etude seems better than Canvas 2 (which was mostly boring) imho.

And lastly, I skipped through the forced ending of Tomodachi ijou Koibito miman. It was average. A stupid reason to include most of the h-scenes and if at all only two girls matterd in the long run. At least I can now access the true route according to the walkthrough.
Old 2012-09-01, 16:51   Link #3673
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Just started Naka no Hito nado Inai! Tokyo Hero Project . I went for the exact same route as in the trial (you couldn't pick any choices in the trial though) and i ended up in Louis' story.

The thing that amazed me the most in this route is how incredible cute and innocent Louis is acting to point that i could get diabetes from this level of sweetness.
Wow i liked this route much more than initially expected. It had really nice lovely and cute moments combined with some drama, lot's of comedy (health tip: don't start drinking something when reading this route) and a decent story although somewhat ridiculous.
In the climax the villain turned the comiket building into a giant mecha (eventhough i am pretty sure it was done before, but i can't remember where).

Spoiler for Louis:

Saori's route is like a Sine or Cosine graph, with repeating cycles of decent and boring/weak parts.
Spoiler for Saori:

Yuka ended up being a surprisingly good support character in Saori's and Louis' stories.

So far Yuka's story starts out better than Saori's.
I liked her story much more than Saori's and at this moment it's a close 2nd to Louis' story. The romance felt more natural and her story had more drama , but it had less comedy and less icha icha moments than Louis' route.
Also this route specific side character Mika was also great.

edit: warning when playing any of the routes, if you don't want get spoiled skip the 2nd opening which is automatically played near the beginning of every final chapter. It has a fair ammount spoilers for every route.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-04 at 17:20.
Old 2012-09-02, 20:05   Link #3674
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Just wondering...is Tokyo Babel's writer same as きっと、澄みわたる朝色よりも、writer?
Old 2012-09-02, 20:24   Link #3675
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

No (thankfully, as far as I'm concerned). It's the guy who wrote Ayakashibito, Bullet Butlers, and Chrono Belt.
Old 2012-09-02, 21:02   Link #3676
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well that's good then....Shumon Yuu doesn't seem as adept at making battle stories than those on pure character interaction.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:03   Link #3677
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

With savegame-usage I finished Miyako's Tsubame's, さくら and 桜's route in Sakura sakimashita. And yes, I revise my previous statement about my bad-drama anxiety. The drama was actually handled pretty well. Obviously a - for me - strong character cast helped a lot and the great OST.
The only part to be picky with the characters was the pervy-chara side of Sumire. And this kind of jokes among the female cast prevailed at times also past-confession which put the comedy more in focus than the actual icha-icha. But, I think they managed her serious conversations in-between nicely enough.

Now for the actual routes:
Spoiler for Miyako:

Spoiler for Tsubame:

Spoiler for Sakura x2:

Mahou's conclusion: If you don't mind (sudden) genre shifts and the forced playing order, it's worth to try it out, if only for the character interaction. I' re-read bits again in hope to understand a few details more I missed. For the imouto-type fans. Kanade, while not being the protagonist's sister, is very cute and adorable . A route and real ending of Sakura would have been great as well, but the outcome for her wasn't, at least, negative.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:52   Link #3678
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Finished Naka no Hito nado Inai! and it was surprisingly good. It revitalized my inner-child who used to like comicbook heroes and tokusatsu series.

None of the main stories of every route are that good, but it was the good writing that made up for it. The characters, comedy, romance, drama and epilogues were all handled very well.
The story is probably not the most important element for a moege/charage (closer to a moege though).
There are quite some inconsistancies between the routes. For example the heroes Valkyrie and Behemoth were incredible strong in some routes, while they were complete pushovers in others.
Also all of the finales were pretty similar in execution, because every of them were won by the main character Koutarou and the heroine of that route using the power of love or friendship.

While there is no enforced playing, the backstories of some routes made a little more sense if you did read it in a specific order. (Louis' route is not the best pick as a first choice)

Some of the references and parodies can be funny (like a school days'" bad end" reference in Yuka's story with Ayano almost starting to sing 悲しみの向こうへ) , but there were lot of those that can be a hit or miss if you didn't catch them.

My conclusion:
Don't be deterred by the silly settings and weak premise , underneath that lies a pretty decent romantic comedy.

My favorite routes:
Ayano=Louis>Yuka > Saori

PS: Shimizu Ai stole the show for me with her incredible good performance as Louis.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-05 at 17:18.
Old 2012-09-06, 17:50   Link #3679
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I have just begun with Imouto no Katachi. 2 minutes in and i already don't like the protagonist (new record for me)

I hope that it will get better, because the game does look promising and i did end liking Yosuga no Sora a few years ago.
Old 2012-09-06, 18:25   Link #3680
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
I have just begun with Imouto no Katachi. 2 minutes in and i already don't like the protagonist (new record for me)

I hope that it will get better, because the game does look promising and i did end liking Yosuga no Sora a few years ago.
I feel that Yukito is designed as being too clueless about, well, as good as everything . From what I've read and skipped so far his (only) positive trait seems to be his good-by-nature heart by now. And he's of the type of characters who can say embarassing things in similar situations while being totally unware of it Since he is also a "country pumpkin" you might already expect about what he'll be also clueless outside of a maiden's heart *lol*.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel