AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-16, 04:52   Link #1
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Scryed (S-cry-ed)

Couldnt find any Scryed threads similar to this so I made a new one.

Just finished this series recently and I really enjoyed it, so much I want a second season. So is their any word or rumors of another season of Scryed.
Old 2003-11-16, 05:08   Link #2
Tomomi
chrno fangal

As far as I know, I dun think that there will be a second season for Scryed though.
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 12:17   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I was so impressed how the story was developing till the halfway, when some crazy writer messed up the whole story..Some of the questions could have been answered to that point of the series..The writers were just plain lazy to think of anything new..They just repeated things over and over although repetition could be a good thing if it is not so obvious..So the story was just grown to the point of irritation...The last episode was so ridiculous I just forwarded everything to see what the end-line gonna be..The series had so much potential but because of lazy script it just ended up being another average series..

If there is going to be a second season I will be cautious to get my hopes up..

Last edited by monir; 2003-11-16 at 21:06.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 19:55   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I was so impressed how the story was developing till the halfway, when some crazy writer messed up the whole story..Some of the questions could have been answered to that point of the series..The writers were just plain lazy to think of anything new..They just repeated things over and over although repetition could be a good thing if it is not so obvious..So the story was just grown to the point of irritation...The last episode was so ridiculous I just forwarded everything to see what the end-line gonna be..The series had so much potential but because of lazy script it just ended up another average series..

If there is going to be a second season I will be cautious to get my hopes up..
I thought the series was a little above average. The ending did kinda suck, and didnt make much sense, but Im hoping if they make another season of it, it wont be so shitty towards the second half of it.
Old 2003-11-16, 20:29   Link #5
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
tokyopop has realised all 5 books to the manga.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 21:27   Link #6
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
tokyopop has realised all 5 books to the manga.
Do you know if the magna/books goes beyond the anime series
Old 2003-11-19, 10:14   Link #7
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
i think thier rather close, according to what little i know of scyed beyond episode 10 it gets a bit darker and that fits with the manga's story line.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 12:48   Link #8
Silver_Scorcher

S-cry-ed (DVD)

With all of the DVD's out, what are your thoughts on it? I found Scryed to be a melding of X-Men and Dragonball Z. The huge difference being that the fights here took a fraction of the time DBZ did and were far more exciting to watch. I also found the rivalry between Kazuma and Ryuho to be similar to that of Goku & Vegeta. The ending to me was pretty lame, but then again that's nothing new for most anime.

The DUB was absolutely horrendous! And I'm speaking as someone who likes dubbed anime. Ryuho sounds like a friggin wuss and Kazuma well... I can't put my finger on it but he's no badass that's for sure. And Scheris sounds like she has a cold. The only characters that sounded alright to me were Cougar and Zigmarl, but they don't save the quality of this DUB. Bottom line, the DUB sucks and is agonizing to the ears, and the Japanese had far superior acting so I stuck to the original Japanese the whole time.

Overall I really liked this title. IMO it's woefully lacking in the plot department, but it makes up for that with great animation and intense fights. If your into lots of action and super-powers, you should get a hold of this one.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 13:17   Link #9
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

It's so-so for me, has some good moments, some good songs, and some GREAT action and WONDERFUL character death scenes... However Kazuma is annoying as hell for me.

I absolutely LOVE Kimishima's death, and Ayase's death is quite good too. The ending is actually quite fun to watch for me, I haven't seen another ending where it ends with whole episodes of absolutely senseless and meaningless fighting, so I guess it's different. a great special effects show too.

Oh and my favorite character is Tachibana Asuka, Eternity Eight >>>> ALL!!!!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 13:38   Link #10
Silver_Scorcher

Nothin' wrong with an ending where two characters literally beat the living s**t out of each other, it's just that the way episode 24 ended, it could have ended there and I would have been happy. Scryed is at its best around episode 23 when
Spoiler:
, and after the final fight with Mujo, 25 and 26 are pretty lame and pointless. But no doubt, the last fight between Ryuho & Kazuma was really good.
Old 2004-05-31, 13:46   Link #11
dreamless

that's why I call it different. If it ended at ep. 24, it'd be no different from any other sci-fi action anime. However now it included two episodes of absolutely meaningless fighting, which, makes it different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Scryed is at its best around episode 23 when
Spoiler:
well, different opinions
Spoiler:

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-06-01 at 00:10.
Old 2004-05-31, 23:51   Link #12
Silver_Scorcher

Yeah your right. Sheris's death is kind of cliched. I saw it coming a mile away, thanks to the episode preview for it, and Bandai's summary on the back of vol. 6. I think what really made it heart wrenching for me was how Ryuho was sobbing. Maybe it's just me I guess.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-01, 00:12   Link #13
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Yeah your right. Sheris's death is kind of cliched. I saw it coming a mile away, thanks to the episode preview for it, and Bandai's summary on the back of vol. 6. I think what really made it heart wrenching for me was how Ryuho was sobbing. Maybe it's just me I guess.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for about Cougar:
Old 2006-03-05, 06:15   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Spoiler for about Cougar:

Ryuho at that time when he was fighting that lightning alter guy couldn't summon his third form at will yet, when he summoned it before, it was like out of desperation, but the second time he was trying to force it too much I'd think.

Sheris' death...it was interesting, can't say I was expecting that, though the sexual inuendo of her alter power...think it was called Eternal Devotion when she used it on one of the 3 women created by a guy from Holy (can't think of his name). Buy yeah...her hand was a bit too low when she used it

oh yeah...HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 09:07   Link #15
Rowan

I've liked this series for a long time. It actually holds my personal title of "Best Series Ending". No series I've ever seen has been able to devote their entire last episode to one last hurrah; they're all wasting time on silly things like plot. Since Scryed's plot ended two episode ago, their free just to give us one big exhibition match.

The dub did suck mightily, though. This was one time I really didn't like Steve Blum. He's just not Kazuma. Soichiro Hoshi, on the other hand... I just love the way he yells when he's pissed/powering up. Very... primal, I think is the term.

R.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 09:31   Link #16
Nathan Scott Phillop
gods brother

has anyone seen S-Cry-Ed?!?!?!?!?

I looked through a ton of forums but saw nothing about S-C-ry-Ed that i didn't post myself. THAT MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!if u have watched the series then tell me what u think of it, cus i think its an incredible show.
Nathan Scott Phillop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 12:07   Link #17
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Scott Phillop
I looked through a ton of forums but saw nothing about S-C-ry-Ed that i didn't post myself. THAT MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!if u have watched the series then tell me what u think of it, cus i think its an incredible show.
Great show.

Kanami should've dropped him like a hot potato.

The last 2 episodes SUCKED!

There you go, a review.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 12:13   Link #18
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

plenty of people have seen scryed, I found it very entertaining
since its predominantly fighting the plot is a bit thin but it's one of the better fighting anime's out there.

The OP reckless fire is one of the only OPs that you can sit through every episode
and the ED is decent

I totally agree that subs are better than dubs but I've only seen the dub which I thought was ok, the voices are decent.
When I first watched it and heard Sheris's voice I instantly thought it sounded like Mimi in Digimon
and I was right ^^ wooo

I'd give Scryed an 8/10 or possibly even a 9/10
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 03:49   Link #19
gencbiba

I just started watching the anime some hours ago. Currently up to episode 11.

As far as the fighting goes, I think Kazuma's power is pretty cool so far. However, I would love to see him fully transform into some crazy metallical monster or something. Since I'm only up to episode 11 I'm hoping that he will...

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 11:22   Link #20
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

If they actually do make a 2nd Season.. It better be good.. It got boring from Half way through cause everything just got. I actually expected a big ending.... But never it never happen. I jut hope the 2nd season has more meaning into it this time.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote