AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 12:45   Link #3081
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
All regular full-blooded boys do, dear.
I'd even think half-zentradis, as well.
*Sends pictures of Minmei taking a shower to Breetai...*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:53   Link #3082
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
*Sends pictures of Minmei taking a shower to Breetai...*

- Tak
Old 2011-11-02, 12:59   Link #3083
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Tak, THANK YOU for saying what I was too timid to say myself.
He's very good at it. Although I'm not one for much timidity myself.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:02   Link #3084
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
He's very good at it. Although I'm not one for much timidity myself.
Oh really? I hadn't noticed, Wallflower.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:03   Link #3085
sa547
*Author

Quote:
His excited facial expression was priceless; it left me laughing.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:09   Link #3086
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Aaaaawwwww... I'll call you Shiro-hime from now on, 'kay?
I won't say no to that.

Quote:
I wonder whose idea it was for him to dress up...? Surely he didn't think of it himself...so was it Ranka? Or Michel...?
Put it this way, Alto wouldn't have worked cosplaying as Basara.

Quote:
That's what I was thinking, too...

"Alto, you need to dress up like a goth loli maid in order for our plan to work."

"But...Mikhail...that makes no sense!"

"Yes it does. Now shut up and put some purple lipstick on!"

"...okay."
Come to think of it, there is quite a lot of official art where Bobby and Mikhail are playing pranks on Alto by putting make-up on him. I believe we've just discovered another side to his character.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:15   Link #3087
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Put it this way, Alto wouldn't have worked cosplaying as Basara.
But he'd have looked killer as Max. Or not. Maybe he should have been Minmay...

Old 2011-11-02, 13:19   Link #3088
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Maybe he should have been Minmay...
The thought of Hime cosplaying as Minmay is enough to make my head explode.

Oh wait, there we go.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:01   Link #3089
ChronoReverse

The best part about goth loli Alto was the rocket booster skirt. How do you even begin with that?

I mean, how does it even work without roasting his legs? Or what was the original line of thinking that led to its creation in the first place?
Old 2011-11-02, 14:05   Link #3090
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
The best part about goth loli Alto was the rocket booster skirt. How do you even begin with that?
You should ask Sheryl, he learned it from her.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:09   Link #3091
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Crossdressers don't share their secrets.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:39   Link #3092
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Are you sure that wasn't Ranka?

- Tak
I seem to remember reading this somewhere...

And also that there was a scene straight after Ranka's "I have an idea" that was cut...

And either the novel or the Alcatraz story (or perhaps both) has Alto preparing for the concert

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-11-02, 15:47   Link #3093
Thess

Quote:
Are you sure that wasn't Ranka?

- Tak
Ranka was too busy worrying about Sheryl. She only confessed to Alto when she thought she was dead.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-11-02, 21:03   Link #3094
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Info dump #2, from Official Complete Book..

Though I suppose part 1 was just a short paragraph...ah well. Doing this now partially because part 3 will take much longer...

=====

p.95 Kanno Youko on the two songs that play during the ending credits.

Hoshikira [~~“Twinkling Star”]
This is one of the songs that suddenly came to me after the creation of the Christmas album. At the time, Megumi-chan had worked herself to the ground, so I wanted to give her a song of encouragement. Additionally, the final movie has Ranka, who used to sing only as she'd been told by her producer, becoming more independent. Because of that, to me, it became something that represented Megumi-chan singing a song that she herself wanted to sing. Rather than Ranka, this is a song that was written for Megumi-chan.
d-shudisuta-b ["d-shooting star-b"]
[NB: in a blog entry, May’n notes that Kanno Youko allowed her to decide on the title of this song, as a New Year’s present. By “shudisuta” 「シュディスタ」, she meant “shooting star” (see this AS post. I have a policy of not linking Japanese blogs on forums, because some Japanese people don’t like it (I doubt May’n would be that pedantic, but policy is policy), so please google if you’d like to check the entry directly.]
This is one of the last songs we recorded. As I wanted it to be timeless, a song that could be from the past or the future, I told hal, who also wrote the lyrics to "What 'bout my star?", that I wanted something that feels like a delinquent Sheryl. In universe, it's a song written by Sheryl, which she invites Ranka as a guest to sing with her during the encore of a live. And because it's a live, I thought some MC work was needed, so I added a few lines of dialogue for the two of them.
=====

Kawamori Shouji’s first interview on Macross Frontier. First published in Newtype, July 2007 issue; also available in the “Official Complete Book” for Sayonara no Tsubasa, pp.114-5. I thought this was interesting because some of it covers what they were trying to do with Frontier.

Spoiler for length:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-11-03 at 05:03.
Old 2011-11-02, 22:17   Link #3095
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
So its crap now? Just a few weeks ago, you were holding onto that claim as if it was the greatest gift from heaven, and using it to make a variety of claims on the movie.

Of course, many of the said claims had been refuted upon watching the real thing, and your insistence on pushing the ticket only serves to make us wonder if you invented all the information in the past few weeks. Given the suspicious nature of this forum due to the last fallout, we are not very forgiving when it comes to fabrications.

Oh of course, by all means, keep your files to yourself. By the same token, it is also our business if we choose not to believe you, right? We can definitely choose to believe your claims on having a video to be utterly false and the result of pure fabrication, right? Because you know, we have uh... that right, too.

- Tak
And yet, you choose to evade the fact that, in the start, you all wanted me to prove I had the item, that I'd seen it, or post it. That goes against my rights to freedom by saying "you should post it because you want us to believe you." That's sick and twisted. And to be honest, I cared less if you guys believed me or not. But you decided to let that stick and brought it up in almost every conversation regardless when I gave you explained details about the scenes.

I call it trash because when you compare to the BD release now, it looks bad. The visual quality was trash to begin with. I couldn't see much of anything clearly.

And if you want to talk about believing people; I could easily say the same for Yot-chan. Because he had no extensive proof (pictures, video footage, or anything) that he saw the movie, he could've easily copy and pasted spoilers. Did I bother to disbelieve him because he had no extensive proof? No. He proved he was there by giving a summary of what he saw. And I did the same (though I had one scene wrong because of the small screen). Yot-chan gave a summary of what he'd seen and I did so too. But you basically are saying that I should give extensive proof where you never asked Yot-chan too. And he could've also later just given more information through buying the complete book instead of actually seeing the movie, yet you didn't bother to think to ask for proof on that either.

So this is not about choice, it's about you singling out one person because even though they gave you a summary of the scenes (and therefore proof) you wanted more but never asked this of others who claimed to have watched the whole movie.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-11-03 at 00:07. Reason: Removed portion that could be considered flame-bait
Old 2011-11-02, 22:26   Link #3096
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

LOL, it's so funny how Sheryl gets needlessly mentioned. I'm surprise there were no Ranka-inserts.

Tak, you should be flattered to be likened to the Queen.

Back to movie discussion, is it wrong for me to feel absolutely nothing for Brera?
Old 2011-11-02, 22:50   Link #3097
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Back to movie discussion, is it wrong for me to feel absolutely nothing for Brera?
No, it's not. He's still pretty bland. The fight with Ozma was pretty awesome, though, I thought...but that's more due to Ozma than it is to Brera...
Old 2011-11-03, 00:14   Link #3098
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to remind the children to behave themselves lest I start issuing infractions again. The reason message in the deleted posts is the only warning that I'm going to give, so from here on out, there should be no disagreements between yourselves that can't be better handled through PM or VM.

Thank you.
Old 2011-11-03, 00:33   Link #3099
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
No, it's not. He's still pretty bland. The fight with Ozma was pretty awesome, though, I thought...but that's more due to Ozma than it is to Brera...
I felt like Brera's death scene was too quick. I wanted him to live a little longer. You don't get a real opportunity to warm up to him like in the series. I'm sure that people who saw the movies (and not the series beforehand) weren't warm towards him.

Here's what confused me: in the series, Brera doesn't remember that Ranka is his sister; in the movies, he states outright to her that he is. Is this the result of the implant or reprogramming?

Just wanna throw that out there.

BTW, IMO, Ozma is the best fighter in the entire Frontier!
Old 2011-11-03, 02:27   Link #3100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I found it more hilarious in the films with his ninja skills, if that counts?

Though i do like his redemption scene at the end. It's just a nice little plus to his character.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song