AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-19, 16:48   Link #12061
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Its cup size....

Im pretty sure if Erika wears a two piece its gonna be abs, and beautiful curves...Damn you Tatsuya why didnt give in

Does femininity means the size of the breast; and fairy-like charms are her face...?
I think femininity refers to the whole package, coupled with the perceived grace of a lady.

When you mentioned Erika's abs I suddenly remembered all those Mikasa memes with a terrified Eren from AOT. Erika really is kind of scary too isn't she...
Old 2014-03-19, 17:00   Link #12062
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I think femininity refers to the whole package, coupled with the perceived grace of a lady.

When you mentioned Erika's abs I suddenly remembered all those Mikasa memes with a terrified Eren from AOT. Erika really is kind of scary too isn't she...
ohh...so thats what it meant.

Spoiler for Mikasa:

Those things are more scarier than Mizuki's bombs#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-19, 17:17   Link #12063
Echizen777

[QUOTE=pampz21;5049776
BTW is it safe to say Erika is B, Miyuki is C while Mayumi is D?[/QUOTE]

To compare we have:

Spoiler for Pics:

Erika and Mayumi win over Miyuki in this category.
Old 2014-03-19, 17:19   Link #12064
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
ohh...so thats what it meant.

Spoiler for Mikasa:

Those things are more scarier than Mizuki's bombs#!
Scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
To compare we have:

Spoiler for Pics:

Erika and Mayumi win over Miyuki in this category.
Wow. Well then. Now we know.
Old 2014-03-19, 17:47   Link #12065
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
can i ask what kind of battlefield is touma fighting tatsuya in like is touma with his friend or something because i dont think touma can beat tatsuya alone ?

i am for tatsuya in a one hit ko against touma and i did read TAMNI and read about his abilitys but his ability are only psychological,IB and only precog so i dont think it is enough to win against someone like tatsuya oh by the way i dont get hero thing because that only apply if he is fighting tatsuya in TAMNI not in MKNR and is a mc fight so it depends on ability and why do u people say tatsuya decomposition will not affect him he dont have to decompose everything at once.
Our theoretical discussion, at least mine anyway, doesn't take into account the setting since that doesn't really mean much to begin with. They are fighting each other alone.

Did you read the latest volume of TAMNI? My chief point is that after all the crazy shit Touma went through I find it difficult to believe there's anything Tatsuya could throw at him that could beat him. Touma took way crazier attacks than Material Burst and survived.
Old 2014-03-19, 17:53   Link #12066
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Our theoretical discussion, at least mine anyway, doesn't take into account the setting since that doesn't really mean much to begin with. They are fighting each other alone.

Did you read the latest volume of TAMNI? My chief point is that after all the crazy shit Touma went through I find it difficult to believe there's anything Tatsuya could throw at him that could beat him. Touma took way crazier attacks than Material Burst and survived.
Again, I agree while Touma has taken way crazier attacks, the only reason he's alive is because Ollerus keeps bringing him back to life. If Ollerus wanted to kill him she would have stopped the first time. Her goal was to make Touma give up, and break his will/heart.

I REAAAAALLY doubt Tatsuya cares about such things. So he would just NOT regrowth Touma 30,000+ times.
Old 2014-03-19, 17:55   Link #12067
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Again, I believe while Touma has taken way crazier attacks, the only reason he's alive is because Ollerus keeps bringing him back to life. If Ollerus wanted to kill him she would have stopped the first time.

Tatsuya, likewise, would just NOT regrowth Touma.
Othinus was actually trying to kill him for good that last time and he actually managed to force her to use her secret weapon.
Old 2014-03-19, 18:15   Link #12068
guestuser

wait why would tatsuya bring him back 10031 times if he is just going to kill him and we all know tatsuya dont like to waste time fighting so what othinus did does not mean much really in that situation because tatsuya can care less for other people lives unless that person is miyuki that is, i dont think tatsuya cares if a person live or die so it will not change the out come of the fight between touma and tatsuya.

Last edited by guestuser; 2014-03-19 at 18:17. Reason: fix something
Old 2014-03-19, 18:16   Link #12069
Rasen

Quote:
Othinus was actually trying to kill him for good that last time and he actually managed to force her to use her secret weapon.
"Othinus," whoops.

Yes, after 30,000+ "deaths" he finally bored Othinus out and forces her to use that attack. But consider:

1.) The book explicitly states that he was basically shaped into an anti-Othinus weapon. Strategies, patterns, etc. I'm almost certain it goes on to say that most of that experience would be useless against anyone else.

2.) Touma lost that time too. And then Othinus basically forfeited. And then revived him AGAIN.

I don't deny the POSSIBILITY of Touma winning in a fight against Tatsuya. But if the question is "who do you think is going to win?" I have to go with what is the most logical outcome.

I mean, it's certainly POSSIBLE that a Tatsuya-seeking missile with anti-decomposition shields travelling at the speed of light suddenly hits Tatsuya in the middle of a fight, completely destroying his brain and magic processing centers.

Or perhaps mid-fight, Tatsuya suddenly gets a heart-attack. "My life of subsisting on a diet of pork, beer, bacon-wrapped sausages, and beer-soaked bacon-wrapped pork have finally caught up to me!" And then dies, then immediately restores the back-up at the point of the beginning of the heart-attack, and then is stuck in a perpetual cycle of heart-attacks.

But what're the odds? There's no point about talking about POSSIBILITIES because anything is POSSIBLE, barring a statement from the author saying "such and such outcome will NEVER happen. EVER." And even then the author might change their mind. (Hello Fist of North Star retconning!)

Last edited by Rasen; 2014-03-19 at 18:39.
Old 2014-03-19, 18:38   Link #12070
BW95
Banned

Quote:
"Othinus," whoops.

Yes but consider:

1.) The book explicitly states that he was basically shaped into an anti-Othinus weapon. Strategies, patterns, etc. I'm almost certain it goes on to say that most of that experience would be useless against anyone else.

2.) Touma lost that time too. And then Othinus basically forfeited. And then revived him AGAIN.

I don't deny the POSSIBILITY of Touma winning in a fight against Tatsuya. But if the question is "who do you think is going to win?" I have to go with what is the most logical outcome.
I know, but the reflexes and skills he honed through those fights are still applicable and while Touma still lost in the end it doesn't change the facts that he wasn't killed on her first attack. He actually managed to dodge, deflect, or neutralize her insane Gurren lagann scale attacks. Of course, logically speaking it should be Tatsuya's victory, but after all Touma's went through, I'm just gonna have to deny any sort of logic or odds and put my money on Touma.
Old 2014-03-19, 18:46   Link #12071
Hiyono

Quote:
I'm just gonna have to deny any sort of logic or odds
An unintentionally accurate statement.
Old 2014-03-19, 18:49   Link #12072
Rasen

Quote:
I know, but the reflexes and skills he honed through those fights are still applicable and while Touma still lost in the end it doesn't change the facts that he wasn't killed on her first attack. He actually managed to dodge, deflect, or neutralize her insane Gurren lagann scale attacks. Of course, logically speaking it should be Tatsuya's victory, but after all Touma's went through, I'm just gonna have to deny any sort of logic or odds and put my money on Touma.
Ah, but again, recall that Touma's reflexes and skills are based off reading body language, and that Othinus is, for all her god-like power, a spell-caster, not a hand-to-hand fighter. And since we only have anime to go on, even spell casters and espers still move their bodies when casting stuff.

Basically, after 30,000 deaths, it's not his reflexes, that are coming into play. It's learning the attack pattern. "This attack, you dodge this way. That attack, you dodge that way." Again, I'm pretty sure the novel states this.

Basically, it's just like those classic video games where if you depend on reaction, you get butchered. So you learn the patterns of enemies. You get so good you could play blindfolded.

But if you were to switch to a different game, BZZZT.
Old 2014-03-19, 18:59   Link #12073
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Ah, but again, recall that Touma's reflexes and skills are based off reading body language, and that Othinus is, for all her god-like power, a spell-caster, not a hand-to-hand fighter. And since we only have anime to go on, even spell casters and espers still move their bodies when casting stuff.

Basically, after 30,000 deaths, it's not his reflexes, that are coming into play. It's learning the attack pattern. "This attack, you dodge this way. That attack, you dodge that way." Again, I'm pretty sure the novel states this.

Basically, it's just like those classic video games where if you depend on reaction, you get butchered. So you learn the patterns of enemies. You get so good you could play blindfolded.

But if you were to switch to a different game, BZZZT.
Battle experience is still battle experience, all of his battles improve his fighting style and the fight against Othinus is no different. Psychological and physical experience was gained in that battle, like an rpg the experience you gain helps improve your character and stays with him/her forever, it doesn't just dissapear just because he's not facing that one opponent. This goes for every character not just Touma, heck even Tatsuya has accumulated experience (too much as a matter of fact).
Old 2014-03-19, 19:09   Link #12074
guestuser

he may get battle experience but how would that help against his fight with tatsuya and this will not get anywhere
if we just argue who is gonna win so can u tell me how touma gonna beat tatsuya not just a possibility that he could beat tatsuya in a one on one fight because tatsuya can defeat touma in many way but i cant imagine him beat tatsuya so can u tell me how touma can beat tatsuya?

Last edited by guestuser; 2014-03-19 at 19:16. Reason: fix
Old 2014-03-19, 19:11   Link #12075
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
he may get battle experience but how would that help against his fight with tatsuya and this will not get anywhere
if we just argue who is gonna win so can u tell me how touma gonna beat tatsuya not just a possibility that he could beat tatsuya in a one on one fight because tatsuya can defeat touma in many way but i cant imagine him beat tatsuya so can u tell me how touma can beat tatsuya Chosen_Hero?
Touma CAN bore or irritate Tatsuya to submission.....

I'M BEING SARCASTIC HERE
Old 2014-03-19, 19:13   Link #12076
guestuser

Quote:
Touma bore or irritate Tatsuya to submission.....
good answer i just go with this one

Last edited by guestuser; 2014-03-19 at 19:14. Reason: fix
Old 2014-03-19, 19:46   Link #12077
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Battle experience is still battle experience, all of his battles improve his fighting style and the fight against Othinus is no different. Psychological and physical experience was gained in that battle, like an rpg the experience you gain helps improve your character and stays with him/her forever, it doesn't just dissapear just because he's not facing that one opponent. This goes for every character not just Touma, heck even Tatsuya has accumulated experience (too much as a matter of fact).
Again, I point to the videogame analogy, because I know the NT novels used them.

Have you ever played Battletoads? And then played Ninja Gaiden? And then played Mario? (the original NES games, not the soft and pansy world we live in now.)

MINIMAL experience between the games carry over. All you get is d-pad left means move left, d-pad right moves right, A is jump and B is attack.

The strategy you learn for fighting in Mario does not work in Battletoads. The bosses you fight are completely different. The patterns and ways the bosses attack are completely different.

Similarily, fighting Othinus is so completely unique, easily 99% of what Touma gained from the 30,000 fights has no application anywhere else. Attack pattern, or otherwise. For instance, no one else is going to drop a moon on him.
Old 2014-03-19, 19:51   Link #12078
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Again, I point to the videogame analogy, because I know the NT novels used them.

Have you ever played Battletoads? And then played Ninja Gaiden? And then played Mario? (the original NES games, not the soft and pansy world we live in now.)

MINIMAL experience between the games carry over. All you get is d-pad left means move left, d-pad right moves right, A is jump and B is attack.

The strategy you learn for fighting in Mario does not work in Battletoads. The bosses you fight are completely different. The patterns and ways the bosses attack are completely different.
So are the patterns of every single enemy Touma faces, it's not like he faces stock enemies all the time, he is forged through battle experience against many different and varied opponents. That is his thing, he gains experience the more he gets into dangerous situations.
Old 2014-03-19, 19:59   Link #12079
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So are the patterns of every single enemy Touma faces, it's not like he faces stock enemies all the time, he is forged through battle experience against many different and varied opponents. That is his thing, he gains experience the more he gets into dangerous situations.
While I agree they're not stock enemies, a lot of them are very similar, in that they like ranged attacks, usually don't know how to fight bare-handed, depend on magica/esper powers, and are really good people at heart (and are weak to talking). Until Gremlin, I think there were about two actual villains he faced. And even Gremlin's a mixed bag.

Tatsuya has none of those limitations.

The only evidence of Touma's growth is his ability to read body-language, and he learned that he could grab the superpowers he couldn't neutralize.

Part of this is because of Touma's limited bag of tricks. Because he's basically got a right arm and a mouth, his strategy most of the time is to dodge until he can get into fist range. The times he fought someone who knew how to fight at close range was Kanzaki (who spared him) and Thor, who then beat him with two broken arms.
Old 2014-03-19, 20:55   Link #12080
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Righttttttttt!!!??? I spread this ship at my country forum too and the reaction was great!! Everyone welcome AyaxTatsu
I mean who wouldn't love a cooldere cousin!
Looks like Ayako's personality is quite similar to Mayumi.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings