AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 03:18   Link #1
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Mushoku Tensei -Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu- [WN]

Original Title : 無職転生 - 異世界行ったら本気だす -
Alternative Title: Jobless Reincarnation -It will be all out if I go to another world-
Author : Rifujin na Magonote (理不尽な孫の手)
Illustrator : Shirotaka (シロタカ)
Publisher : MF Books
Link: *mod snip*
US Licensed by Seven Seas

Spoiler for Novel Cover Illustration:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
A 34-years-old NEET otaku is chased out from his house by his family. This virgin, plump, unattractive, and penniless nice guy found that his life are going down the path to an end, He then recalled that his life could actually be much better if he can get over the dark history of his life. Just when he was at the point of regret, he saw a truck moving at fast speed, and 3 high-schoolers in it's path. Mustering all strength he had, he tried to save them and ended getting run over by the truck, quickly ending his life. The next time he opened his eyes, he is already reincarnated to a world of sword and magic as Rudeus Greirad. Born to a new world, a new life, Rudeus decided that, "This time, I'll really live my life to the fullest with no regret!". Thus start the journey of a man yearning to restart his life.
Spoiler for Characters:

After Tate Yuusha no Nariagari; Knights & Magic; Next is this. Truth to be told, when I was travelling on the world of Narou, I actually almost fed up with Templates like Tensei and Isekai, but grow to get used to it and didn't stop me from enjoying this one title. Currently, I already finished reading chapter 9. hmm, I guess this can be considered as a Harem?

A little bit Off-topic: I thought of making a thread for Narou and introduces several other titles that worth to be noticed (even though lots of them are not or may not even be get their chance to be published as LN), what do you guys think?

EDIT: added syosetsu link

Last edited by LKK; 2018-07-09 at 09:20. Reason: added license info & removed web link
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 03:30   Link #2
@GEMC

For me it has a interesting plot and by the way how can this be considered Harem?
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 04:57   Link #3
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
For me it has a interesting plot and by the way how can this be considered Harem?
For a series to be considered a harem, the protagonist must be liked by other female characters (at least 3 people or more). If the definition of harem is like that, then this series can be considered as a harem because there will be 3 girls that can be considered as heroines.
Old 2014-02-04, 05:05   Link #4
@GEMC

When he reicarnated how old is he that time?
Who are the heroines?
Didnt his father suspect the changes to his son?
How many volumes are release?
Is this Japanese or Korean Light Novel?
Old 2014-02-04, 05:24   Link #5
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
When he reicarnated how old is he that time?
Who are the heroines?
Didnt his father suspect the changes to his son?
How many volumes are release?
Is this Japanese or Korean Light Novel?
Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-04, 06:13   Link #6
@GEMC

Does his magic already reach where he can fight using it?
Old 2014-02-04, 06:48   Link #7
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-04, 07:00   Link #8
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Given the MC actually has another 34 years of experience, how useful is that? Does that mean he can surprise other people by being way more mature than he should be?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 07:07   Link #9
@GEMC

Wow that's amazing I wonder what were the reaction of the adult magician in his level in magic ?
Old 2014-02-04, 07:12   Link #10
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Given the MC actually has another 34 years of experience, how useful is that? Does that mean he can surprise other people by being way more mature than he should be?
Very useful, he can focus on maximize his growth from the start. I heard that children learn faster than adult, this is the case with "Tensei" protagonist: they don't have to waste learning something they already know and can focus learning something new. that also goes with physical training: just compare child with awareness of sport importance and and child who doesn't, which one is going to be more fit?

This memories from past life is Rudy strongest point, but also his weakest point. IMO, with awareness that he shouldn't have, makes him too cautious and overthink things. This can cause him making a wrong choice.

@GEMC:
Their reaction: Rudy is a genius and awed by his talent (Some are scared), while the others who heard the rumor just think it's bullshit.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:32   Link #11
BW95
Banned

I have to make a confession. Obese protagonists turn me off. I can't help it. It's why I've never really gotten to reading Accel World, but thankfully this guy's reincarnated so there's no danger.

I have to ask who's the antagonist?
Does Rudeus and co. travel around or do they have a normal everyday life in one place until a bad guy comes to the neighborhood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Spoiler:
So he could theoretically increase his magic without limit until he's 10?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 07:43   Link #12
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

What does the MC think of his current parents? It's awkward to suddenly have a totally different set of parents.Besides that,including the years from his previous life, he's probably older and more experienced than his current parents!
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 10:08   Link #13
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I have to make a confession. Obese protagonists turn me off. I can't help it. It's why I've never really gotten to reading Accel World, but thankfully this guy's reincarnated so there's no danger.

I have to ask who's the antagonist?
Does Rudeus and co. travel around or do they have a normal everyday life in one place until a bad guy comes to the neighborhood?

So he could theoretically increase his magic without limit until he's 10?
Spoiler for Antagonist:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
What does the MC think of his current parents? It's awkward to suddenly have a totally different set of parents.Besides that,including the years from his previous life, he's probably older and more experienced than his current parents!
Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-04, 15:27   Link #14
Mars Mode

Who is Elis? Is she the Noble Girl, and he can be a Tutor at 7 years of age? It seems to me someone may raise a brow or two for him to be a tutor at that age, and does his master follow him, and does he handle the sword good.

Edit: Does he have a good relationship with his brother and sister, and is his family completely separated or is he the only one separated from the rest.

Last edited by Mars Mode; 2014-02-04 at 16:19.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 21:52   Link #15
whsie

Chinese translation is roughly at chapter 7 of volume 1. It's freakin addicting and there's like 15 volumes.

Gotta say that I really like this. I gave my recommendation for this novel in the light novel recommendation thread.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 22:33   Link #16
Kioras

15 web volumes i guess?
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 01:14   Link #17
bludvein

When I first started reading the summary I thought it was something quite different. I thought it would be something like "unattractive NEET transported to another world to become a hero" type deal, but its quite different. I'm always a fan of stories about second chances, and this sounds really interesting. I can only imagine how creepy Rudy would've been as a child, even before he starts learning magic. I really like that he has to build his skills from scratch even with his advantage.

One thing you didn't really cover is language. Is the language the same between worlds or did he have to learn that too? Also, im guessing swordsmanship has the same levels/ranks as magic. If so, what level is Rudy by the time he goes to become a tutor?

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-02-05 at 01:27.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 01:32   Link #18
@GEMC

almost all of amatsunagi's light novel recomendation has interesting plot definitely love it if this will have a volume summary or be translated and how old is rudy in the latest web novel?
Old 2014-02-05, 05:04   Link #19
MyrzaelHanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
- Sylph (The boy with green hair beside Rudeus) - Half High-Elf and Half Human and a Quarter Human Beast, Rudeus found and rescued Sylph from bully (due to Sylph Emerald hair, as Emerald green hair is thought to be a representation of evil). From that time, Sylph and Rudeus grow to be a close friend, and plays together a lot. Sylph learn magic from Rudeus and become attached (and grows feeling) to him.

Straight question huh? the 3 heroines are: Sylph, Elis, Roxy
So Sylph is male (boy) and a heroine at the same time ? I am curious how it works...
Old 2014-02-05, 05:12   Link #20
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrzaelHanzo View Post
So Sylph is male (boy) and a heroine at the same time ? I am curious how it works...
Its rather obvious from the pic that he is a girl. Rudy probably just didn't know at first, which is why Amatsunagi said it like that. They are only like 6-7 in that pic, and she is kind of androgynous.
Spoiler for ...:
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel