AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-21, 01:43   Link #741
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulofSomfing View Post
yes YES YES ITS FINALLY DONE! Now to find myself a copy of EX edition and wait for another few years for... wait does it say EX edition is done as well? or abit of it?
EX is not done, but the patch is playable on EX as well. You won't notice a difference playing routes, but common route has some untranslated lines here and there (as well as some lines that original didn't have but which have been translated for the release to smoothen it out).
Old 2011-12-21, 18:39   Link #742
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
Spoiler:
Thanks for the hint bro! Got 100% CGs now.

Spoiler for That ending scene:

In retrospect, this is surprisingly one of the very few harems where I vastly preferred the main heroine (Rin) to the other haremettes. Trend for me was that sub-heroines would usually outshine mains in both character design and personality.
Old 2011-12-23, 04:01   Link #743
Balzac
Assistant Professor

A big fat congratulations for a job well done to the translators. Though personally that adventure through the "Secret World" ended for me three years ago, I am pleased to know that a lot more folks will be appreciating another, though arguable, Key masterpiece.

Kudos!
Old 2011-12-23, 08:31   Link #744
veiron

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!! Good thing I took out my arrow in my knee...
Old 2011-12-23, 14:51   Link #745
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
In retrospect, this is surprisingly one of the very few harems where I vastly preferred the main heroine (Rin) to the other haremettes. Trend for me was that sub-heroines would usually outshine mains in both character design and personality.
I think what they sort of did with Rin was give a typical subheroine the 'main heroine' status.
It worked.
Old 2011-12-24, 02:04   Link #746
jda95
Keytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlebas View Post
EX is not done, but the patch is playable on EX as well. You won't notice a difference playing routes, but common route has some untranslated lines here and there (as well as some lines that original didn't have but which have been translated for the release to smoothen it out).
So even additional content in routes and H-scenes have been translated?
Old 2011-12-24, 03:20   Link #747
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
So even additional content in routes and H-scenes have been translated?
To quote the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Release post
In order not to delay the release of the main patch, we skipped some of the polish from the EX/ME script. We have tried to make these as enjoyable as possible with the translated material presently available. Thus some of the more critical new lines amidst the otherwise translated scripts have already been translated, but not all of them.

These extra patches give EX/ME working minigames, but in return they have a certain amount of untranslated lines here and there, for systemic reasons.
There are also known issues that would've been too much work to fix for this release - the biggest one is one where lines with the same Japanese text receive the same translation everywhere in the script. This causes some errors in minigames, but also makes some lines appear rather weird at places in the script.
You will not find new content in the routes with this patch, because that is the greater part of the problem itself. Instead you will get THE original Little Busters! routes in all their glory. All new content beyond that will have to wait for its appropriate releases.
Muscle Sensation doesn't work in this patch. Sorry, there's just no way around this until we get around to properly re-translating the Kud route.
Old 2011-12-25, 10:20   Link #748
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Just dropping by to give my thanks. This really is one of the best things I could ask for during the holiday season.
Old 2011-12-29, 14:30   Link #749
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I want to thank the translation team from the bottom of my hearth for this game. Really, thank you.
Old 2011-12-31, 10:44   Link #750
Belgaesh

I really want to thanks the whole team for translationg this great game.

I started playing as soon as it was released and I'm loving so far.
Old 2012-01-01, 21:44   Link #751
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Don't know if this has been answered already or not, but what is the best font to use for the English patch? I'm still getting yen signs at certain points like the following...

Spoiler for image size:
Old 2012-01-01, 22:04   Link #752
PieFormation
Kinniku yay yaaay

Send a message via MSN to PieFormation
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Don't know if this has been answered already or not, but what is the best font to use for the English patch? I'm still getting yen signs at certain points like the following...
We recommend Osaka Mono. You also need to play the game in japanese locale for all the characters to display properly, I think.

Proofreader for the Little Busters! translation project
Old 2012-01-02, 02:41   Link #753
Einn

Thank you for the translations, and if I may ask how do you enter Kud's route since for some reason when I followed the choices as indicated by the guide, it directs me to either Sasegawa's or Futaki's route.
Old 2012-01-02, 10:34   Link #754
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einn View Post
Thank you for the translations, and if I may ask how do you enter Kud's route since for some reason when I followed the choices as indicated by the guide, it directs me to either Sasegawa's or Futaki's route.
To begin with, you're playing EX or ME, which is fine in itself but you shouldn't have chosen "yes" at the start-up question after installing the game. I'm not sure of all the effects this has, but it means your game assumes you have already finished Refrain now.

Normally you wouldn't be getting the presumably untranslated choice on 5/18 that locks you onto Kanata route. If you want to continue with your present state, you must choose the top choice to get on Kud/Haruka routes.
Old 2012-01-02, 12:12   Link #755
Einn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlebas View Post
To begin with, you're playing EX or ME, which is fine in itself but you shouldn't have chosen "yes" at the start-up question after installing the game. I'm not sure of all the effects this has, but it means your game assumes you have already finished Refrain now.

Normally you wouldn't be getting the presumably untranslated choice on 5/18 that locks you onto Kanata route. If you want to continue with your present state, you must choose the top choice to get on Kud/Haruka routes.
O thank you for this response, apparently the choice in 5/18 was the one preventing me to access her route and I think accidentally chose yes when i was asked about the secrets, in Kud's route now thank you again^^
Old 2012-01-02, 12:57   Link #756
Revan21

'Bros before hoes'

LOL, that was the best choice in the game
Old 2012-01-02, 23:02   Link #757
Balzac
Assistant Professor

So, anyone done with the game on English able to share their thoughts now? I'm curious to read more people's thoughts on Rin part 2, Refrain, or the game in general. I've read the first impressions from the previous Little Busters! thread back when it was all-Japanese; it would be interesting to read others' now that it's English translated.
Old 2012-01-03, 22:44   Link #758
veiron

I used the 5.5 patch when I played Little Busters! EX! finished all routes but except for Rin2 and Saya...

Now, when I used the new patch it wouldn't read my previous saves T_T

Guess It's a trip down memory lane again...
Old 2012-01-04, 01:01   Link #759
Jao
panchi~

Well, I've just finished it after blazing through it the last few days. Maybe it would have been better to keep a less ridiculous pace but I was joined about halfway through by a close friend who is a ridiculously fast reader. Reading a vn side by side with a friend is always an extremely fun experience, but my pride wouldn't let her overtake me and so I managed to keep my lead and finish tonight while she's just finished Rin2.

I'm absolutely exhausted and my thoughts are muddled as hell, but I have four big things to say.

1, Excepting Rin and Refrain (Which was just about perfect) I felt Kurugaya and Mio had the best character routes, followed Haruka which was two exceptionally good characters in a badly paced route, then Komari who made me feel like I was playing Kanon again without the beauty.

2, Kud's route was WEIRD.

Spoiler for Contains references to other KEY works and Ever17:

I will sleep, watch mindless T&A anime tomorrow and then see if I can muster up the emotional gas to play Umineko Ep8 and Katawa Shoujo.

Thank you for all your work Team Fluffy =) and I greatly look forward to reading Kanata, Sasami and Saya when they're translated.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2012-01-04, 06:20   Link #760
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
2, Kud's route was WEIRD.
I heard that Kud's route in EX is more lengthy and sensible.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation