Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 10:23   Link #2461
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
To continue the translation:

Spoiler for Chapter 1 continuation:
Wow pretty cute,so is this the end of Chapter 1 or?
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:26   Link #2462
Kakurin
大佐

No, more still coming. At least an additional three parts for chapter 1.

EDIT: Can now confirm without doubt that this Chinese translation is based on the raw. Saw a scanned in illustration.

Spoiler for Illustration:
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:37   Link #2463
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think the problem people see is only part "moral" and more "too sudden". I mean had the author made Kyousuke's feelings more evident since the beginning it wouldn't be as controversial. Just look at Koi Kaze, it was leading into an incest ending since chapter 1 and I think it's one of the most beautiful series ever. Had this series been less manga/anime/eroge centric and more incest/moral it would have been a lot easier to stomach.
I would have to agree with you, most of the people who seem to be unhappy about the ending don't really seem to care about the incest at all but more the way that it was handled. The thing was though, at the start he didn't really have those kinds of feelings toward his sister, over the series he gradually changed just like his sister to the eventual events in volume twelve. Their who relationship was rebuilt off of manga/anime/eroge so moving the focus away from them would have just hurt the story in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
10th and I quote the 10th novel is when it become harem. 2 girls =/= harem. It equals a love triangle. 6-7th novel is when it became romcom.
10th is the only novel where I can really say it became a harem since 11 kinda backpedaled.
I agree with you there, I felt like the 10th volume was the only volume were the series was really a Harem. For most of the series it was just Kuroneko as a love interest, I am not going to include Kirino since for quite awhile people argued early on in the novels that love interest wasn't the direction he was going with Kirino. It wasn't till like Novels 8 and later Kirino joined in and Ayase didn't really join till like Volume 10 but then basically disappears for the rest of the series.

Quote:
I did not find the raws, I am translating this from a Chinese translation. That dude probably got the book (and his speed is fast...).
Thank you for the translations though! Quick translations are usually still pretty accurate, loving the interactions of Kirino and Kyousuke so far
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:48   Link #2464
zeko

ok, i have no idea what just happened but from what i get, everyone was trolled? and is the epilogue (10 years later) true?.

if not, can someone just give links to the short summaries, spoilers. pics, whatever, i am confused :cry:
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:59   Link #2465
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I would have to agree with you, most of the people who seem to be unhappy about the ending don't really seem to care about the incest at all but more the way that it was handled. The thing was though, at the start he didn't really have those kinds of feelings toward his sister, over the series he gradually changed just like his sister to the eventual events in volume twelve. Their who relationship was rebuilt off of manga/anime/eroge so moving the focus away from them would have just hurt the story in my opinion.
Based on the summaries so far, it seems as though Kyousuke is being portrayed as having those feelings for his sister for a long time, except that these feelings had been suppressed for a variety of reasons, such that there were very few hints about them until volume 11 or so.

There are a few hints about the original nature of the siblings' relationship, but these were buried so deeply that they were practically no different from those of the other girls. If Volume 12 had been a Ruri end, we would all be talking about how the Destiny Record was an actual foreshadowing. Had it been an Ayase end, we would be saying it was evident that Kyousuke had always been attracted to her from the very beginning. And if the story were to go with Manami, we would be referring to her as the dark horse that Kyousuke had unconsciously developed feelings for from their childhood friendship, and that the signs were sporadically interspersed within the story.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:04   Link #2466
Wilshere

Old 2013-06-07, 11:10   Link #2467
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
kind of waste but the smoke is quite harmful to people you know
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:12   Link #2468
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
kind of waste but the smoke is quite harmful to people you know
Hmm,that isnt me thats some kuroneko fan posting this pic titled: ''Burn Kirino burn'',
why would I do this I am a Kirino shipper plus its kinda waste burning your own merchandise,some hardcore fans are pure idiots
Old 2013-06-07, 11:19   Link #2469
Kakurin
大佐

Next part...
Spoiler for Continuation Chapter 1:
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:22   Link #2470
GDB

Quote:
plus its kinda waste burning your own merchandise,some hardcore fans are pure idiots
What else are they going to do with it? They can either vent their frustration by destroying it, or sell it to some used book store for maybe 40 yen per volume (that's about 40 cents). It's not like they're going to want to read it again after getting such a frustrating ending anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:25   Link #2471
Soverence

Quote:
I to this day will never understand why people react this way, it is just such a mystery to me. Even if you are not content with the ending, you obvious liked the rest of the story otherwise you wouldn't be a fan. So because the ending wasn't what you wanted you destroy and disown the entire series? Shipper logic at its max I guess
Old 2013-06-07, 11:27   Link #2472
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

As disappointing as the ending is to me. I don't hate Oreimo so I wont be destroying any of my merchandise that is just silly ... no, I hate the author for choosing to end (at least the LN) in this way.

Quote:
I to this day will never understand why people react this way, it is just such a mystery to me. Even if you are not content with the ending, you obvious liked the rest of the story otherwise you wouldn't be a fan. So because the ending wasn't what you wanted you destroy and disown the entire series? Shipper logic at its max I guess
This is why I hate shipping, it turns people into idiots. You could call me a Kirino shipper since she is my favorite but I don't explain away her faults or disagree with that nice gut punch she got from Manami.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:29   Link #2473
Maugomale

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16715.html

Looks like volume 12 wasn't well-received by the Japanese
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:32   Link #2474
zeko

Quote:
this is just pathetic at this point. i don't like kirino but i stopped taking this novel seriously since the author himself said he will focus more on comedy which is where i was like "oh, it is gonna be one of those series, huh?".

migh as well just enjoy the trolling XD
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:38   Link #2475
GDB

Quote:
It's more that the ending completely sours any good feelings you may have towards the series. Even reading the parts you liked before would bring up memories of what you hated. Besides, this sort of behavior isn't bad at all if it helps people vent as opposed to those who just lose their shit and start threatening violence to real people (usually the writer).

That being said the only Oreimo merchandise I have is vol 1 of the manga, which I'll just trade or sell, but I had already decided to do that after not being pleased at all with the art or wording of the translation.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:42   Link #2476
Wilshere

Quote:
Next part...
Spoiler for Continuation Chapter 1:
Lol really awkward for both of them haha like it,continue with this heavenly text please!!!!!!!
Old 2013-06-07, 11:46   Link #2477
seangel92

If Kyosuke kiss Kirino at the end I gonna be pleased. I gonna interpret it like a ending KyoxKirino and only the "10 Years later"* history could break it or it* could reinforce it.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:48   Link #2478
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
this is just pathetic at this point. i don't like kirino but i stopped taking this novel seriously since the author himself said he will focus more on comedy which is where i was like "oh, it is gonna be one of those series, huh?".

migh as well just enjoy the trolling XD
To be honest I believe this would of have happened no matter who kyosuke ended up with. The hardcore shippers always get mad and do stupid things like this when there favorite girl doesn't win. If this volume isn't well received by them that is to be expected. It probably wouldn't have been well receive anyway because all the shippers wanted there favorite girl to win but in the end it's up to the author to decide how the story ends.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:56   Link #2479
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post

I wonder why?

----

Now, being serious.

This volume left various loose ends and this is the supposed final? Even if the anime series come with the epilogue of the series I don't think that is gonna fix it up.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:00   Link #2480
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post

Hmm, I don't really want to take that as a review of how Japan feels about the story, online reviews like that are very iffy. A lot of people are just going to be giving it 5's because "OMG KIRINO WON GGGGGGG" and a lot of people are just going to give it 1's because "OMG INCEST/NON-KURONEKO GRRRR". I wouldn't be surprised if half the people who rated it so far haven't even read the whole novel yet and just jumped to conclusions based on spoilers.

As I have read quite a lot in the past day, I think no matter what ending he went with, this would be about the reaction if you just switch around the names of the girls. People obviously had their favorite girl and the comedy, while it seems from the limited chapter 1 spoilers I have seen, is still there, is not what people were looking forward to most in the final volume (although I think they should have been).

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings