AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-07-18, 05:29   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I hadn't considered a writer thinking he'd been plagarized.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 05:37   Link #42
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I just want to highlight something

Apparently, the building is lacking an emergency exit. as a result where the arsonist burn both entrances on the ground floor. people on top floor don't have a way to exit other than jumping from balcony/window. Hopefully there is a lesson to be learned here in increasing building safety standard

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 05:43   Link #43
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
people on top floor don't have a way to exit other than jumping from balcony/window.
I don't think they can even do that. Looking at the video of the building from the outside there are very few windows (maybe as a result of anti-earthquake engineering), and they are really small and probably too high up the wall to jump over.
Old 2019-07-18, 05:43   Link #44
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
On a side note, just in case, I suggest not donating any money right now, even Sentai Filmworks's campaign. KyoAni is a private company, not part of Japan's state. As such, a sudden flow of money isn't something they can handle without care and they potentially can get accounting troubles because of that. So it is best to wait for an official announcement.
Too late; I already donated. I suspect that Sentai and KyoAni can figure out how to distribute a few hundred thousand dollars to the families of the victims. If they can't, they need new accountants.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 05:47   Link #45
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I hadn't considered a writer thinking he'd been plagarized.
Couldn't care less. If he felt that he had been plagiarized, then it was up to him to gear up with lawyers and solve the legal battle in a court of law. It doesn't matter anymore because he's now a mass murderer who deserves no sympathy from anybody, that ****ing arsehole.

Man, I'm just frustrated at how low and despicable some people can get.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-07-18 at 06:18.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 06:01   Link #46
DracoS

Man... there no way something like this won't effect the studio as a whole. Deaths always have a impact on people, and a large number of really horrible deaths especialy.

These guys do so much heartwarming stuff as well, so I hope they find the strength to do a real masterpiece after this, if only to put two finger up to that murderer.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 06:09   Link #47
brocko

Such horrendous news. Absolutely dreadful
Thoughts and prays to all those affected, hope the remaining people are as safe as they can possibly be

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I just want to highlight something

Apparently, the building is lacking an emergency exit. as a result where the arsonist burn both entrances on the ground floor. people on top floor don't have a way to exit other than jumping from balcony/window. Hopefully there is a lesson to be learned here in increasing building safety standard
Access way to the roof was supposedly locked and they found a number of people on the stairs leading up to it. Everything about this is just so tragic.... T_T
comment 1
comment 2

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 06:16   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Even if the building was lacking in term of emergency protocols, I don't think you can expect a building to have a proper security that could handle an arson with a massive 40L gasoline spread all over it.
Old 2019-07-18, 06:20   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Couldn't care less. If he felt that he had been plagiarized, then it was up to him to gear up with lawyers and solve the legal battle in a court of law. It doesn't matter anymore because he's now a mass murderer who deserves no sympathy from anybody, that ****ing arsehole.

Man, I'm just frustrated at how low and despicable some people can get.
No one said anything about sympathy, but the question of motive is hardly unimportant to try and understand how this could have happened.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 06:25   Link #50
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Even if the building was lacking in term of emergency protocols, I don't think you can expect a building to have a proper security that could handle an arson with a massive 40L gasoline spread all over it.
Define "handle".
Completely impervious? Yea, I agree that's probably expecting too much.
Minimize the possible loss of life? Absolutely doable.

Make no mistake, the fault still lies in the arsonist, but I do think inadequate building safety definitely compounded on the death count. That thing about the roof access being locked was one such inadequacies.
Old 2019-07-18, 06:25   Link #51
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoS View Post
These guys do so much heartwarming stuff as well, so I hope they find the strength to do a real masterpiece after this, if only to put two finger up to that murderer.
Yeah. Who can forget Clannad and Clannad: After Story being among their first few projects at the beginning of the company? Both series were masterpieces like none other out there. I also hope the survivors will find a way to pick themselves up, come up with something for the ages, and dedicate it to those who are not here anymore.

Meanwhile, that murderer deserves to rot in an isolated cell before he's brought to the gallows, abandoned by all his ashamed relatives.

Quote:
I thought the same thing too. That whole thing was an ambush that was carefully prepared with definite premeditation and nothing left to chance.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 06:27   Link #52
brocko

Regardless, it was premeditated. Whatever the building plan the arsonist would've found some way to do his absolute worst.
Quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...break/eu4cc2b/

Summary update:

Confirmed

Dude showed up, doused the entrance and ground floor fire exits in petrol, then ran up to the offices and started chucking it everywhere before fleeing and igniting it on the way out He waited outside the building with knives to try stab those who got out but was chased off by one escapee before getting arrested Petrol aerosolised and exploded on a lower floor as a result at some point during this People tried to flee, many got trapped on higher floors due to the entrance and exits being on fire

According to "witnesses" early on during initial reports or police statements

Some did jump from the higher floors but others were trapped Some people emerged from the ground floor on fire from charging through the flames Multiple people suffered heart attacks while trying to flee Knives found at scene belonged to arsonist

Allegedly from unknown sources or speculative

Offices were known to be covered in wood and paper from footage of them, thus highly flammable and easily burned Building's fire exits may have been intra-floor hatches, as these are not uncommon in Japan, but these would be severely inefficient if fire was on lower floors already as seems to be the case (note: since been found it had two normal fire exits that were deliberately ignited, though hatches may still have been present as well)

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2019-07-18, 06:34   Link #53
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Regardless, it was premeditated. Whatever the building plan the arsonist would've found some way to do his absolute worst.
Actually yeah, probably the arsonist chose fire in this case specifically because he has calculated it would be devastating. If the building was actually sufficiently protected from arson, then he might've tried to straight up blow up the building with bombs or something.
Old 2019-07-18, 06:40   Link #54
brocko

Oh Gawd.
https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status...16933911781378

Old 2019-07-18, 07:04   Link #55
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Monde de merde
Edit:still
rumors at that point.
Old 2019-07-18, 07:10   Link #56
brocko

^^^ Only rumours at this point. No official sources. That Miyagikenshijin source only mentions that his status is still unknown.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...break/eu4cfmz/

Old 2019-07-18, 07:12   Link #57
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Also a mistranslation. There's nothing in the tweet that said about Takemoto's confirmed status.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 07:14   Link #58
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
My bad sorry
Old 2019-07-18, 07:15   Link #59
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The police won't be listing the names of the victims until everyone's accounted for.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 07:15   Link #60
brocko

Fingers crossed and all the hope out there that he's still ok though...