AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-22, 23:28   Link #2501
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Nintendo could have announced all of that Smash Bros stuff at E3. They just chose not to.
More importantly, I hope Iwata gets healthy(?) enough again to do the Nintendo Directs. The new guy isn't that bad at presenting or anything though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 00:40   Link #2502
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Not to mention XB1 is currently retailed at a lowered price than PS4.
How's that working out for them right now? Gamecube was significantly cheaper than the PS2 and it got absolutely slaughtered.....

Quote:
Sure, but all of them are still multiplatform at the end of the day. While there's definite market draw from them, it's not as tempting as exclusive games.There's Forza 6 and Halo 5 coming this holiday, while Halo have long diminished in terms of branding, Forza is pretty much uncontested in the driving sim genre (god, wtf happen to GT and Polyphony).

Personally i think XB1 should have a stronger sale this holiday compare to PS4 and Sony would have a stronger Q1 2016 with Uncharted and SFV.
Don't you remember how Sony won when they pushed GTA V and Destiny? All those games I mentioned are exactly the same situation for the rest of the year. Forgot about Microsoft having to link the "Destiny Fragrance" on their site because they weren't allowed to mention the game? Same with Battlefront.... go to the official Xbox channel on youtube and link me the E3 trailer...

Halo & Forza are small fry compared to the big 3rd party games anyway.... Black OPs 3 Timed exclusive dlc will probably push more units for the ps4 than those two combined for Xbone... because it's not like Halo MCC and Forza 5 & Horizon 2 are already out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Also, I'm not really sure we can all say that Nintendo "disappointed" at E3. Instead, Nintendo has basically made it clear that it won't announce things when it is forced to. Rather, it'll just announce truly big things it wants to, whenever it wants to through Nintendo Directs. I mean that's the reason why they didn't show any Zelda. They could have. But they didn't because the point is to not emphasize E3.

Nintendo gives us news year round... I feel like a comparison between Sony's awesome showing and Nintendo's "mediocre" showing doesn't really work. Nintendo was never competing or playing to begin with. It was just treating people with a fun experience and some nice new announcements. The point was that everything was as expected. Nintendo even emphasized themselves afterwards that they are moving away from using E3. I think Sony did an amazing job, but my point is just that Nintendo will be giving us more news on a semi-consistent basis all year round, which in my book is better than a super E3 showing and a shitty rest of the year... (which is still unfortunately possible for both Sony and Microsoft).
Yeah Nintendo spread the love all round... lets ignore that Sony have....

PSX - December 14
E3 - June 15
Tokyo Games Show - September 15
Paris Games Week - October 15
PSX - Dec 15/Jan 16

Oh and a heap of big 3rd party games that get announced over the course of the year outside of the big shows anyway...

I love how Nintendo fans are trying to act like Nintendo are trying not to force things... what exactly did Nintendo do when the Wii U was in the shitter?

Yarn Yoshi still not out

Fire Emblem X SMT trailer that was made 2 months after they decided to make the game and the final product is nothing like it was imagined to be. We might get this game in 2017.....

Legend of Zelda which is probably going to be pushed back to NX lol...

Xenoblade X which just came out in Japan and we won't get to dec this year and will probably get crushed by Persona 5 anyway... only was shown off @ three E3's...

They shot their absolute load in the Direct... there's a reason why Namco made Smash for them and keep hiring Platinum games... they got to avoid the HD problems all the companies went from last gen and suffered for it this gen. Combined with having to fight mobile in japan they focus suffered and while 3DS 2013 was an amazing year they dropped the ball with the Wii U.

How the Wii U lacks an Animal Crossing (their biggest 3DS game....) is just stupidity unless they have shifted it to NX for launch.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 01:43   Link #2503
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How's that working out for them right now? Gamecube was significantly cheaper than the PS2 and it got absolutely slaughtered.....
Gamecube got slaughtered because Sony managed to get exclusivity with FFX, MGS2 and GTA while Nintendo only had first party titles to rely on. Also tons of compounding factors that ultimately lost them the console race that generation.

Quote:
Don't you remember how Sony won when they pushed GTA V and Destiny?
I remembered how Microsoft fucked up their Xb1 launch just like Sony did with PS3. Timed exclusivity was barely a factor in that.
Old 2015-06-23, 17:03   Link #2504
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
lets ignore that Sony have....

PSX - December 14
E3 - June 15
Tokyo Games Show - September 15
Paris Games Week - October 15
PSX - Dec 15/Jan 16
*crosses fingers for VitaTV announcements*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote