AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 17:27   Link #41
u43368
Disabled By Request

Hm... well so far....

Splinter Cell- What the hell? This isn't stealthy, Sam is blowing the shit out of everything. Why is it that every Tom Clancy game has gone from "Tactical" to emulating crappy Hollywood action movies? Well, I guess that can be said of most games today. That whole "mark and execute" thing sounds like the game plays itself for you.

MGSR- http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post...ve-To-360.html I guess if it plays like Grey Fox in VR missions it might be fun.

MW2- If I can still annoy the shit out of people with Martyrdom, It's all good.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 17:29   Link #42
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Indeed, but I'm curious it its one of those timed exclusives. As I recall Bioshock, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Half Life all eventually ported onto the PS3 after first being exclusive to 360 and PC.
They didn't talk about that yet. It maybe timed and it may not be. It wouldn't be weird if it wasn't a temporary exclusive, afterall the 360 needs its share of really exclusive titles if they want to drag more people to buy the system. It's fairly legit.

Anyway, out of the games shown at Microsoft conference, I'm really excited for Forza 3 (is going to destroy GT5 unless the latter implements some realistic physics and damage system), Alan Wake and the new Splinter Cell.

[Edit]IGN are re-correcting themselves again stating that MGS Rising will be a 360 exclusive. Boy this is getting confusing.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2009-06-01 at 18:17.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 18:08   Link #43
Rias

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/press/release/20090602-2.htm

xbox 360's JP site lists MGSR with the other mutiplatform games...

I guess it all depends on what happens on tomorrow's Sony conference...
Old 2009-06-01, 18:09   Link #44
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Even if it doesn't come to PS3 down the line, I may not be too upset. As much as I'd like to get Conviction, from what I've seen its been giving off a huge Double Agent vibe (heavy action opposed to stealthy action). Out of all the Splinter Cell games Double Agent really didn't do it for me (which is probably why its the only game of the series I don't own).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
[Edit]IGN are re-correcting themselves again stating that MGS Rising will be a 360 exclusive. Boy this is getting confusing.
They're probably fumbling around for a valid confirmation, but until the PS3 conference I doubt there will be any way to officially confirm if its an exclusive or not.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 18:55   Link #45
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Not too enough for Microsoft show, I kinda thought they would pull out something amazing but anyway Sony should win the E3 for this year. Hands Down and this from XBOX360 fanboy!
Old 2009-06-01, 19:05   Link #46
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Not too enough for Microsoft show, I kinda thought they would pull out something amazing but anyway Sony should win the E3 for this year. Hands Down and this from XBOX360 fanboy!
Well Microsoft could garner a big boost if it turns out that the new MGS is a 360 exclusive.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 19:54   Link #47
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well Microsoft could garner a big boost if it turns out that the new MGS is a 360 exclusive.
Well its not:

Old 2009-06-01, 20:25   Link #48
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
Hm... well so far....

Splinter Cell- What the hell? This isn't stealthy, Sam is blowing the shit out of everything. Why is it that every Tom Clancy game has gone from "Tactical" to emulating crappy Hollywood action movies? Well, I guess that can be said of most games today. That whole "mark and execute" thing sounds like the game plays itself for you.
Yea, it really isn't a Splinter Cell anymore. From what it looks like it's now a 'Hollywood Hero saves the Day' game.

I already think giving consoles and Auto-Aim is silly, the Analog stick is not that hard to use. The 'mark and execute' seems to be a necessity here though because they made overboard situations where Sam bursts into a room with 20 armed crooks. It seems to be too fast paced.

Quote:
Even if it doesn't come to PS3 down the line, I may not be too upset. As much as I'd like to get Conviction, from what I've seen its been giving off a huge Double Agent vibe (heavy action opposed to stealthy action). Out of all the Splinter Cell games Double Agent really didn't do it for me (which is probably why its the only game of the series I don't own).
Sadly, I could never even play Double Agent due to the masses of bugs that came with it when it was ported to the PC. It's still unpatched and unplayable for me. They even have a 'How to avoid game breaking bugs' or something of that sort stickied in their official forums.

If it does end up being good and is ported to other platforms, then I sure hope they do a better job than with Double Agent.
Old 2009-06-01, 21:29   Link #49
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Let's not get ahead of ourselves about Splinter Cell guys....Yes I admit the action in conviction does seem a bit more fast paced and easier to blow the crap out of everyone, HOWEVER let's not forget that in the previous Splinter Cells you had a choice on how you played with the exception of critical parts where you had to be stealthy and careful

The Pandora tomorrow stage where YOU HAD to be stealthy to catch that one bad guy is one example, not setting off too many alarms is another.

So in the previous Splinter Cells you could chose to you could always follow the stealth approach or you can follow the action approach until you get to situations where stealth is ABSOLUTELY required.

I'm sure the latest one will be no different.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 21:38   Link #50
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Anybody know if the Release date is the same as FF XIII? or in the same quarter at least. Theres not much being released to the public, not even gameplay footage
Development got put on hold since most of the team transferred to the FFXIII project (before that, they were also waiting on the development of Crystal Tools). Tetsuya Nomura's comments seem to imply that production has recently ramped up, although it might be a while before they have something to show.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 21:45   Link #51
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well its not:

I'm Really Glad that its Multi system though, I can['t wait to see Raiden Swining his Katana through some Gecko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Development got put on hold since most of the team transferred to the FFXIII project (before that, they were also waiting on the development of Crystal Tools). Tetsuya Nomura's comments seem to imply that production has recently ramped up, although it might be a while before they have something to show.
I remember reading somewhere that It was a mistranslation. Square Enix released a press statement about that saying Vs was only helping in their spare time - I think.

On Nintendo's Side of things
Red Steel 2 will be packaged with Wii motion Plus
Travis Touchdown is back in No more Heros 2
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 00:02   Link #52
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well its not:

Still no Beatmania/DDR for the PS3?
Old 2009-06-02, 11:00   Link #53
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Nintendo is gonna fail .. i can smell it .
Old 2009-06-02, 11:10   Link #54
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Updated super mario game! w
Old 2009-06-02, 11:21   Link #55
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii would be great, but I'm nervous as hell since they didn't announce online capability for it. >_>
Old 2009-06-02, 11:23   Link #56
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Argh, IGN streaming is horrible here. The video is not that bad, but the audio keeps freezing... And yesterday the MS streaming was so smooth...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:29   Link #57
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Give http://e3.gamespot.com/press-confere...ss-conference# a try, hasnt lagged for me yet.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:39   Link #58
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Golden Sun has been announced for DS.

That is all I ever asked for.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:40   Link #59
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
GOLDEN SUN DS YES YOU ARE BEST CONFERENCE.

Everything else sucks, but I don't care! I thought this day would never come ;_;
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:42   Link #60
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Yahooo! Golden Sun DS! I can't believe it! FINALLY. The women murder club looks promising too.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote