Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 15:30   Link #2021
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Good for Newton. Hopefully either he or Luck are in a 49ers jersey come opening day 2011 (assuming there is one).
If there is no football next year, the rookies should be well prepared to play the following year. Should be interesting to watch.

Quote:
Anyone see the Metrodome cave in?

Wow, at first I thought it was fake. This just happen?

When are the Bengals going to realize that Carson Palmer is a plague to the team?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:36   Link #2022
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Early this morning.

Packers are about to lose to the Lions, due Aaron Rodgers getting knocked out the game.

Edit: The Vikings/Giants will be in Detroit. Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Favre
"I wasn't playing [Sunday], but we'll see how it feels" Favre told ESPN's Werder late Saturday night in a text message.
It's a conspiracy.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-12-12 at 16:04.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 16:39   Link #2023
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Snow game in Chicago!
Old 2010-12-12, 16:58   Link #2024
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Snow game in Chicago!
So far the Pats are getting the job done.

Fins up by 10 on Jets...

Edit: NE-21 Ch-0. Tough Luck Bears fans.
Old 2010-12-12, 17:37   Link #2025
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol, Brady could not of even bothered coming out the tunnel and the Patriots would be leading this game.
Old 2010-12-12, 17:44   Link #2026
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Brady: 55 yard dead-on throw in the snow. Wing you were saying he can't pass long?

Now just hope the Dolphins hold their lead against the Jets...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 20:47   Link #2027
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yuck. My boy Deon Butler shattered his leg today...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 21:07   Link #2028
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Brady: 55 yard dead-on throw in the snow. Wing you were saying he can't pass long?

Now just hope the Dolphins hold their lead against the Jets...
Great game for us Patriot fans. Can you say Brady for MVP?

Oh and I'd like to see Manning play like that in the blizzard. Not a chance.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 21:41   Link #2029
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

This was a little something I posted on another forum, might it to the niners?

(According to god, a San Francisco Bay Area team in any sport can only get into the playoffs in the most ugly way possible that causes at least 43.76% of our fans watching to have a heart attack, that's how the Giants won the World series back in October.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 23:10   Link #2030
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Brady fanbois are like troublesome weeds...

*fires up weedwacker*

Bzrzrzrzrrzrzzzzzzzzzzrrzrzrzrzrrrrr!

They always grow back X_x...

Saints coulda easily put up 40+, so go ahead and bitch about them for only getting 31...Bradford only had 3 turnovers the last 7 games and we forced 3 outta him today, so go bitch about that too...We basically used to 2nd half for preseason tune-ups for Pierre Thomas and Bush getting back from injuries which was a success...If we can avoid a SNOW playoff game -__-" I'm confident in what we can do in the playoffs...We'll be 13-3 or 12-4 to finish the season and we'll still be a little pissed...Guess that's the hubris of a champion...But if you ain't puttin' up close to 30 we go be hard to deal with homies...

G

E

A

U

X SAINTS!
Old 2010-12-12, 23:43   Link #2031
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

A little stumbly in the first half, but the Eagles had a great game. How about that great effort from Jackson all game, especially on that 91-yard TD (longest play from scrimmage this year in the NFL).

Closer than it should've been though.

McCoy has been a great 4th quarter running back for us this year. When we have to run the clock out he has been outstanding and I hope more games come down to that for us, grinding it out on the ground in the 4th quarter while holding a lead.

On another note, hopefully the injuries to our defense don't keep piling up as it is battered up enough as is. Had Bradley go out in this game as well as Graham.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 00:21   Link #2032
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Huff, huff, huff. Out of Dallas with a squeaker. Here's to hoping gramps in Minnesota can trip up the G-men once. (Seriously, Favre *IS* a grandpa now. So yeesh. Teams are getting beat by a grandpa. What the hell...) Well, sillier things have happened, such as, oh, the Packers getting thxed by...THE LIONS. LOL.

Well, not sure how bad the two losses on Eagles D were today, but next week, FINALLY, we get good ol' Asante back, because our defense really stinks when it isn't creating takeaways willy-nilly.

Furthermore, the O-line needs to get its act together. We're lucky that we have Vick behind center. If that was Brady or Manning, we'd be toast by now. That or run more max-protect schemes the way Brady does it up in New England.

And speaking of Brady...yowza. Too bad the Pats laid their stinkers against the Jets and Browns...otherwise we'd be having a 2007 repeat. Wonder if I'll ever get to see an undefeated team anytime soon. Either way, comparing Eagles and Pats against the Bears, there is a *massive* discrepancy between the Eagles and Pats.

Conversely, it doesn't look like anyone's even close to matching the Patriots at the moment. Jets? Stomped. Steelers? Stomped. Bears? Stomped. Ravens? Beaten. Colts? Yup, they had it in for Manning this season also.

Anyone *else* the Pats need to run through?

Sheesh, they're looking fricking SCARY right now, although really fun to watch. It's Tom Brady and a bunch of kids absolutely stomping the crap out of people with teamwork. Not sure if Jim Collins would classify Tom Brady as a level 5 leader though :P
Old 2010-12-13, 00:28   Link #2033
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I saw the video of the Metrodome caving in and couldn't believe it.
Old 2010-12-13, 00:47   Link #2034
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Brady fanbois are like troublesome weeds...

*fires up weedwacker*

Bzrzrzrzrrzrzzzzzzzzzzrrzrzrzrzrrrrr!

They always grow back X_x...

Saints coulda easily put up 40+, so go ahead and bitch about them for only getting 31...Bradford only had 3 turnovers the last 7 games and we forced 3 outta him today, so go bitch about that too...We basically used to 2nd half for preseason tune-ups for Pierre Thomas and Bush getting back from injuries which was a success...If we can avoid a SNOW playoff game -__-" I'm confident in what we can do in the playoffs...We'll be 13-3 or 12-4 to finish the season and we'll still be a little pissed...Guess that's the hubris of a champion...But if you ain't puttin' up close to 30 we go be hard to deal with homies...

G

E

A

U

X SAINTS!
But could New Orleans do it in the snow against the Bears at Solider Field? I tired of sounding like a hater, so I'll have a civil discussion with you. In my opinion New Orleans has been a good team this season, but at the same time they have also had a very light schedule. They gotten to play the NFC West, so that is a huge boost. They did beat Pittsburgh, but other than that who else? Tampa Bay one could say, but at the same time Tampa Bay hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all season. The last three games will tell a lot about where this team really stands. They'll probably make wild card and play an NFC West team I'm guessing. There very well could be a rematch against the Saints and 49ers at Candlestick.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2010-12-13 at 01:49.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 03:25   Link #2035
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Old 2010-12-13, 03:33   Link #2036
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

iggles get by this time....*shakes fist*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 07:46   Link #2037
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Well people "The old Man's" Streak may be coming 2 an end. Brett's streak is unreal, I just turned 2 years old when he first started for Green Bay.

Ohh yeah, I got the Ravens for tonights game!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:22   Link #2038
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Furthermore, the O-line needs to get its act together. We're lucky that we have Vick behind center. If that was Brady or Manning, we'd be toast by now. That or run more max-protect schemes the way Brady does it up in New England.
What I loved is hearing the commentators praise the Eagles OL. I was like, "huh? You guys watching the same game". Sure they did well for the running game late, but Vick was under pressure throughout that game.

As for the Patriots I respect, and love watching that team. They're a rampaging machine at the moment.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-12-13 at 11:59.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 12:44   Link #2039
solomon

Well they presented the new Big Ten Logo and divisions.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/121310aaa.html

I like the logo but it needs an outline border for more BAM!

The division names are a little wierd but you get used to em I think. They're playful like the old NHL division names I think. Like the Stagg-Paterno trophy name.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 13:47   Link #2040
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Ouch! Now that's a low blow. Maybe I should send in an application for the coaching job or better yet since Orton cant get the job done, I'll try out to play QB.

Quote:
But could New Orleans do it in the snow against the Bears at Solider Field? I tired of sounding like a hater, so I'll have a civil discussion with you. In my opinion New Orleans has been a good team this season, but at the same time they have also had a very light schedule. They gotten to play the NFC West, so that is a huge boost. They did beat Pittsburgh, but other than that who else? Tampa Bay one could say, but at the same time Tampa Bay hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all season. The last three games will tell a lot about where this team really stands. They'll probably make wild card and play an NFC West team I'm guessing. There very well could be a rematch against the Saints and 49ers at Candlestick.
Brees has to stop turning over the ball if the Saints want any chance to repeat. He's tied with Palmer and Favre with 18INTS. On the bright side he does complete 69% of his passes. He's accurate but needs to make better decisions throwing the ball.

Tags
american football, sports