AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-02-19, 13:30   Link #7801
cheongzewei

Hey guys, i noticed something.

Spoiler for shiranui? really? Naa:
cheongzewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 14:20   Link #7802
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheongzewei View Post
Hey guys, i noticed something.

Spoiler for shiranui? really? Naa:
Spoiler:

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:02   Link #7803
New/Old
Old to the New

This.... really shouldn't be argued. If Hata says, "the culprit will be on the cover of the next chapter", then the culprit will be on the cover of the next chapter...
Old 2011-02-20, 00:19   Link #7804
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
This.... really shouldn't be argued. If Hata says, "the culprit will be on the cover of the next chapter", then the culprit will be on the cover of the next chapter...
If the writer of Haruhi Suzumiya says, through one of his characters, that the main character is nothing but an ordinary human, he's nothing but an ordinary human?

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:20   Link #7805
New/Old
Old to the New

Oh yes, what a writer says on his twitter account is obviously the same as when he has a fictional character in his fictional story say something. Obviously.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:27   Link #7806
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
Oh yes, what a writer says on his twitter account is obviously the same as when he has a fictional character in his fictional story say something. Obviously.
My statement is simply saying that, words are only words when not given with proof behind them. Especially when that is the core message of the manga itself.
Hayate is on the cover, but no matter what Hata may say, Hayate's expression does not fit with the supposition that he's viewing the (fanservice-filled) video that Izumi recorded this chapter.
If we find that the picture is true, but the words on the side of the picture tell us something completely different, which are we to believe?

(This is exactly the issue I have with Athena-shippers. They take the words as written irregardless of actions.)

Old 2011-02-20, 10:04   Link #7807
Tom Bombadil

The spoiler pic for 309 is already out, and it does contain the cover.

Warning(NSFW): Service! Service! Service!

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1004559594
Old 2011-02-20, 10:52   Link #7808
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post

I wanted more Maria....but this is not what I had in mind....

For a manga whose name is along the lines of "Like a Hurricane", it really seems to be moving like a small breeze right now....
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:14   Link #7809
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:

Now, it might just be me, but given the fanservice of the last chapter, that expression does not indicate Hayate is the culprit.
Even the chaste spirit of our favorite butler would have more reaction to that, as shown a short while ago while moving into the apartment, both his reaction to bringing Maria clothes and seeing the scene between Hinagiku and Izumi.

Old 2011-02-20, 13:46   Link #7810
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Now, it might just be me
Yep, I'm pretty sure it's just you.

I think it's perfectly in character for Hayate to quietly erase the data.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 13:47   Link #7811
Used Can

So, is Hata writing a magnificent plot in advance that he really needs all these chapters to buy himself more time, or is has he currently ran out of ideas? I swear, I was fine with making one chapter per (reasonably relevant) girl, he's done that before, so it was to be expected, but come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Now, it might just be me, but given the fanservice of the last chapter, that expression does not indicate Hayate is the culprit.
Either I'm missing some sarcasm on your side, or I think you're fighting a lone battle, brother.
Old 2011-02-20, 13:51   Link #7812
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I think it's perfectly in character for Hayate to quietly erase the data.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, is Hata writing a magnificent plot in advance that he really needs all these chapters to buy himself more time, or is has he currently ran out of ideas?
I hope it's the former, but I have my doubts.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 15:14   Link #7813
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Either I'm missing some sarcasm on your side, or I think you're fighting a lone battle, brother.
Given that this is the only forum I'm on that isn't still debating the issue, and the spoiler is known for the next chapter, I don't believe so.

Even if I am, am I supposed to care?

Old 2011-02-20, 15:47   Link #7814
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Are we seriously about to start another debate on such a trivial matter? Is it THAT big of a deal who deleted the data from that camera? I dont know if this little matter will SOMEHOW play some kind of role in the future, but as far as im concerned at this point in time...its unnecessary to delve so deep into the fact that "Hayate's face, look at it! he totally did not do it!!"

Then again, the fact that people seem to be in discussion about things like these might be because the series is currently lacking on material to discuss on...

/me goes back to lurking until something interesting happens
Old 2011-02-20, 15:54   Link #7815
Used Can

I'm really hoping the rest of the arc is good enough to make up for all these rather shitty chapters. I mean, some have been nice, like the Alice and Izumi ones, but I think they story has been kept stale for about two months already. And what's worse, these chapters haven't been particularly funny or had any character development worth mentioning.
Old 2011-02-20, 22:37   Link #7816
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
So, is Hata writing a magnificent plot in advance that he really needs all these chapters to buy himself more time, or is has he currently ran out of ideas?
Talking about ideas.

Spoiler for dialogue on page 3 of spoiler pic:
Old 2011-02-20, 23:55   Link #7817
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Talking about ideas.

Spoiler for dialogue on page 3 of spoiler pic:
well shit...even if that doesnt sound good for us...thats the first thing that has made me lol a lot in this manga in a while
Old 2011-02-21, 04:06   Link #7818
Used Can

Fuck... at least Hata is honest. I can appreciate that.
Old 2011-02-21, 04:29   Link #7819
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Lol...He should take a break for some thought gathering...
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 06:51   Link #7820
GDB

He's already shown Nagi upset at the end of the timeskip, so she obviously fails in some way. There's no need to show her doing her best and everything up until then if you know she's going to fail, because that'd only crush her spirit. By not really trying and then feeling the weight of failure, it might push her to actually try at something instead of assuming it'll all work out.

Until then, we get 2-3 in-story weeks of random character development and character-based chapters for secondary characters. And with each chapter taking up about a day...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen