AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-22, 10:49   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Chapter 394 discussion [spoilers]

The Devils of Ohara
First off nice color spread

Starts off with Robin going back to the library on account of what Sauro said and asks if her mom came back. Everyone freaks out and Clover tells her no because he wants to keep his promise to Olvia. She then mentions the marines coming to apprehend all the scholars. Clover tells robin not to mention the fact that she is an archeologist as well. The marines storm in with the charges of poneglyph research and what not. CP agents start rounding up everyone on the island. Olvia is caught by Spandine and 2 henchmen she shoots a warning shot at him he then starts blabbing on about his plan. The 2 henchmen take down Olvia and then switch to the other cp agents searching through the library books. Then Sauro sees an armada of ships approaching the island. The captured scholars are all brought together in one place waiting for Spandine to arrive. Robin is among them and the towns people are wondering what did they do.

Someone says they are caught because they were researching the destruction of the world and can't believe it. The townspeople start heading to escape boats to flee from the island and Clover tells robin to go with the townfolk. She refuses since she says she is the same as everyone. Spandine arrives with Olvia, Robin doesn't recognize her but Olvia does and is amazed how much she has grown. Spandine gloats how they will all die and Robin asks Clover why will they be killed just for being Archeologists. Spandine then yells at her saying they can revive the ancient weapons and that is dangerous then Clover comes in says he wants to speak with the 5 elder stars as to why they forbid people to know about the black 100 years.

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2005-12-22 at 11:23.
Old 2005-12-22, 14:47   Link #2
marvelB

Uh oh... looks like the Buster Call is closing in on Ohara now...

Poor Robin, her mom is right in front of her and she doesn't recognize her. Looks like she won't find out until she dies or something... And I'm so hoping that she Clutches Spandine.

And while I'm a bit disappointed that we hardly got to see Sauro in this chapter, I guess that means that we'll see more of him next chapter. Too bad we gotta wait for another 2 weeks to find out, though...
Old 2005-12-22, 15:08   Link #3
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Cool chapter-
its getting close. Can't wait.
Old 2005-12-22, 19:49   Link #4
strategos

Hmmm...
The World Goverment really tries very hard to hide this evil secret.
Probably Gol D. Roger found out what it was.
Hmmm...
Probably the 100 years of history missing is a great war between Pirates and Marines. Where the Pirates werent the bad guys and the marine were just trying to create a ideal world. The pirates would have been people who were oposing the wolrd goverment and from that day on they were called pirates.
Who is Sauro?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2005-12-22, 22:07   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ya know, the farther they go, the more evil the world government looks. Lots of well meaning good guys working for the, but also plenty of snotty bad guys. I wonder what'll happen when the truth gets out and it is revealed that the world government is a bunch of evil old ba****ds.
Old 2005-12-22, 23:44   Link #6
strategos

I wonder who did this battleship Pluton belong it to?

Old 2005-12-23, 01:23   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos
Who is Sauro?

Sauro's the giant.

Anyway, since Clover wants to tell the Gorousei his hypothesis on the "100 year void", I wonder if CP9 will actually allow him to do so? I mean, wouldn't they kill him first? Or would the old men of the government really be interested in hearing about the history that they're been trying so hard to cover up? Hmm...

Oh, and interestingly enough, Spandine mentioned that he wanted his son to have his position when he dies. Heh, I guess he really IS Spandam's father after all. And it also kinda looked like those other two agents with him were Rokushiki users (or at least SOME sort of martial artists, because they seemed to move pretty quickly when they attacked Olvia).
Old 2005-12-25, 19:51   Link #8
strategos

I've been thinking.
Didnt that Giant, Sauro, said that he had the D. name and thhat the whole family had that D. too? Coudl it be that the D. is not a real family, is a "family" like a group or society or something like a "mafia". And that their ancestor were opposing the World Goverment from the very beggining. And that they are the one that were called "Pirates"
What you think?
Wild idead huh?

Old 2005-12-28, 02:01   Link #9
speeddemon316

i cant wait for this flashback to end, i want to see the fight with CP9 and strawhats.
Old 2005-12-29, 01:58   Link #10
Tsukishirou

This is looking really good.
First Clover Hakaseīs thesis (which maybeīll be another flashback -_-) that reveals a lot about the world of One Piece, then Pobinīs secret and drama (Waited so long canīt believe itīs here, itīs like Kingdom Hearts II), to close all flashbacks and finish with the uber battle against the CP9, and the secret about Gear 2nd.
Old 2005-12-30, 15:18   Link #11
strategos

I think Luffy second gear is like a double edge sword.
Probably he might be in danger or something
And is up to the crew to save him this time
instead of him saving them.

Old 2005-12-30, 20:39   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'd like to see what the full power of this second level is and what its drawbacks are. I can already see after the fight with bruno that it draws a lot of energy. That may be the akilies heal of this new found power. Great for a** kicking, but short lived in its usefulness and leaves the user spent. I also suspect that Zoro's going to level up just from the way he's been going so far. Zoro may level up as well. His level 2 would be very impressive. I suspect that there's a slim chance that Chopper might level up as well, but aside from the weapons upgrades for Nami and Ussop, I think the straw hats have done all the upgrading they're going to do for this arc.

Robin on the other hand is a very strong possibility because she's never really gone all out before, even in a desperate fight, unlike the others. Heck, even Ussop has gone all out at least once or twice. To see her level up and start handing out *** kickings like candy would be an interesting switch and lots of fun to watch.
Closed Thread