Old 2014-12-19, 23:32   Link #1264
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
That smile....
And those drag-ride...
Spoiler for .....:
Uh-oh. Considering what happens every other time Lux gives that look to someone, that new girl may be in for some serious hospital time.
Old 2014-12-19, 23:46   Link #1265
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Uh-oh. Considering what happens every other time Lux gives that look to someone, that new girl may be in for some serious hospital time.
From what i remember reading in this forum Airi suspected that the new girl might be as strong as or even stronger than Lux so i'm not so sure about that.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 04:45   Link #1266
Zakoo

Yep it's time our prince get his first defeat imho.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 05:22   Link #1267
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Yep it's time our prince get his first defeat imho.
And you know what this means:
Spoiler:

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 05:26   Link #1268
sasoras

If she was that strong, where was she during the rebellion?
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 09:20   Link #1269
XFire
150% done

People......

The only indicator of her strength has literally been the word "STRONK". Also, there's no way someone who worked for the Empire is stronger than someone who went by the title of "Empire's strongest". This isn't DAL, and that isn't Kurumi. Stop projecting.
Old 2014-12-20, 11:11   Link #1270
Jirachier

seriously, why does anyone wants Lux to lose ?
Old 2014-12-20, 11:57   Link #1271
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
seriously, why does anyone wants Lux to lose ?
I think its goes back to an old school way of anime where the bad guys need to lose to grow. Those who remember DBZ and the Original Yu-gi-oh know what im talking about. even to a lesser extent it was true of naruto.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 12:01   Link #1272
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I think its goes back to an old school way of anime where the bad guys need to lose to grow. Those who remember DBZ and the Original Yu-gi-oh know what im talking about. even to a lesser extent it was true of naruto.
Yeah but we need diversity man, right now if you give someone 999 series where the protagonist loses a lot or occasionally, then one series where he doesn't lose, he'll probably complain about that one series where the protagonist never lost. Do all series need to follow the same exact pattern ?
Old 2014-12-20, 13:29   Link #1273
Richocet
Lover of Purity

People forget that he got whopped by Kuru-ru in the first chap, though it wasn't in drag-rides but still so him being great at drags don't mean best at hand-to-hand as well
Old 2014-12-20, 13:49   Link #1274
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
People forget that he got whopped by Kuru-ru in the first chap, though it wasn't in drag-rides but still so him being great at drags don't mean best at hand-to-hand as well
You're right but you're missing the point. He got whopped you're correct but whats missing is the fact that 1 they werent really fighting and two what we're thinking about is moreso drag-rides.

@jirachier what i think you're also missing is that in a lot of shows the character rarely loses but we dont mind that he keeps winning but an OP character cant stay OP or there's no development and frankly whats we hate is characters who win all the time but there's no logic to it.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-20, 15:25   Link #1275
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You're right but you're missing the point. He got whopped you're correct but whats missing is the fact that 1 they werent really fighting and two what we're thinking about is moreso drag-rides.

@jirachier what i think you're also missing is that in a lot of shows the character rarely loses but we dont mind that he keeps winning but an OP character cant stay OP or there's no development and frankly whats we hate is characters who win all the time but there's no logic to it.
Because a character is OP doesn't mean he doesn't have any development. Sure since the character isn't losing there isn't any development on that front where the person learns from losses to move on and get better and all that stuff. But on the other hand losing regularly to win again is also just as bland since that trope has been done over with plenty. The character still develops based on his interactions with the supporting cast and from there its up to the author and us to see whether what happens can be called "character development".
Old 2014-12-20, 15:36   Link #1276
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Because a character is OP doesn't mean he doesn't have any development. Sure since the character isn't losing there isn't any development on that front where the person learns from losses to move on and get better and all that stuff. But on the other hand losing regularly to win again is also just as bland since that trope has been done over with plenty. The character still develops based on his interactions with the supporting cast and from there its up to the author and us to see whether what happens can be called "character development".
its a very tedious line you're correct but im simply saying why this is happening.

Old 2014-12-20, 15:41   Link #1277
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Oh yeah I guessed, I was just putting it out there for others to maybe think about, but to each his own
Old 2014-12-20, 15:46   Link #1278
cloud04
Scanlator

less him, more new girl plox x3
Old 2014-12-20, 15:50   Link #1279
Jirachier

I don't know why people don't like it but the truth of the matter is, it's not about logic.
You can check as many series as you want and even when it actually makes less sense for a protagonist to lose, they still want him to. Also in 90% of LN of this type you will literally see 0 character development from the MC, the only "development" you might see is him getting stronger which isn't actual character development and there is no rule that says a protagonist who stays as the strongest from the start makes a bad series, unfortunately authors don't even give them a chance and they just end up being matched at some point in the story or be defeated.
Old 2014-12-20, 18:17   Link #1280
Zakoo

Quote:
Actually on this part it was kind of not his fault, it was said he was extra exhausted by working all day, running around a cat all afternoob, being chased by a bunch of amazon then 3 drag rides.

And i'm totally fine if Lux never lose, but it's very hard for a writer to make a chara grow up without using such tools. Though if the author manages to pull something off without using this, I'm quite happy.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bakapervert, crossdressing, harem, harem done right, harem end, kuudere, mecha, op mc, robot, true harem, tsundere