AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-21, 18:36   Link #201
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

BTW
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 18:37   Link #202
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The meteor was a convenient plot device to get rid of the two super robots, but it was effective. I'm so glad Inuyashiki got to reconcile with his family before sacrificing himself to save the world. Only his family and Ando will know what a hero he was, but it's enough. His children learned a lot from him, and it's already helping them get through life.

Hiro redeemed himself to save Shion, her grandma, and Ando, the only people he cared about. I was a bit surprised he accepted his loss against Inuyashiki so easily in the first half of the ep though.

8/10. Really enjoyed this show. And yes, I agree the OP is one of the best of the year.
Old 2017-12-21, 18:47   Link #203
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
BTW
Both looks almost the same, interesting, hope the LA is good them
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 20:24   Link #204
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Great finish to a very good series!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 20:57   Link #205
Wandering Soul

The ending was a bit abrupt, but it does solve the problem of what Inuyashiki and Hiro would do with their lives in the long term. I'm glad that Inuyashiki got to enjoy the last days of his life with his family and that they know that he's a hero.

Hiro did some pretty henious things throughout the series, but his last act was a noble one, and that's what the last few loved ones he had left will try to remember him for.
Old 2017-12-21, 22:11   Link #206
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was kind of a forced ending the whole asteroid just seemed like an easy out but at less they got the president way to right

7/10 would of been better if this was 24eps or at less 13
Old 2017-12-22, 03:33   Link #207
Haak
Offended.

Wait... that's it? I really didn't expect it to end just like that. It's like the writer had no idea where to go from here so he just decided to end it all using a giant asteroid.

Lulzy Trump cameo is lulzy.
Old 2017-12-22, 06:37   Link #208
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

with the ending (tears were shed), so i guess there's the reason why the subtitle for this series is 'Last Hero', assuming there were no more heroes succeeded him because this is not OPM or BNHA.
Faux Mecha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 10:51   Link #209
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The meteor was a convenient plot device to get rid of the two super robots, but it was effective. I'm so glad Inuyashiki got to reconcile with his family before sacrificing himself to save the world. Only his family and Ando will know what a hero he was, but it's enough. His children learned a lot from him, and it's already helping them get through life.

Hiro redeemed himself to save Shion, her grandma, and Ando, the only people he cared about. I was a bit surprised he accepted his loss against Inuyashiki so easily in the first half of the ep though.

8/10. Really enjoyed this show. And yes, I agree the OP is one of the best of the year.
I think the reason why is because Hiro's motivations were largely simple ones. He started killing to feel alive/human. He was going to stop because of what his mom said, only for shit to hit the fan, and his mom ended up killing herself. At that point he no longer had a reason to care, and the killings that ensued were largely for "revenge", brought on by the sadness, and anger over losing his mother, and were mostly towards the people he felt were partly responsible for her taking her own life. The internet trolls and the media. Then he met Shion and her grandmother, and Shion convinced him to stop killing again, only for Shion and her grandmother to get hurt, so after that he completely lost it. I think it was that "So I'm the villain" moment when he really looked at everything that happened, and was happening, and realized that he wasn't the victim here.

I think by the time we see him at the beginning of the episode he's kind of just emotionally and mentally broken in a way, not to mention physically broken. I don't think he had much anger to vent at the point, everything before that took it all out of him.
Old 2017-12-22, 12:16   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I think the reason why is because Hiro's motivations were largely simple ones. He started killing to feel alive/human. He was going to stop because of what his mom said, only for shit to hit the fan, and his mom ended up killing herself. At that point he no longer had a reason to care, and the killings that ensued were largely for "revenge", brought on by the sadness, and anger over losing his mother, and were mostly towards the people he felt were partly responsible for her taking her own life. The internet trolls and the media. Then he met Shion and her grandmother, and Shion convinced him to stop killing again, only for Shion and her grandmother to get hurt, so after that he completely lost it. I think it was that "So I'm the villain" moment when he really looked at everything that happened, and was happening, and realized that he wasn't the victim here.

I think by the time we see him at the beginning of the episode he's kind of just emotionally and mentally broken in a way, not to mention physically broken. I don't think he had much anger to vent at the point, everything before that took it all out of him.
That makes perfect sense to me. I just wasn't really sure how he would take his loss given how angry he was last week, so when he showed up at Ando's, I was a bit anxious. But as soon as his eyes lit up when Ando mentioned Jump, I knew he wasn't looking for revenge at all and came in peace.

I wouldn't really say he was mentally broken though, it might have been the opposite in fact. Confronting Inuyashiki made him realize the futility of his actions and what truly mattered to him, "repairing" his mind that had been broken by the death of his mother and later what happened to Shion and her grandma. I think we can safely say Inuyashiki saved him.
Old 2017-12-22, 13:24   Link #211
Psyco Diver

I would have liked to see him reconcile with his wife and son more than just a family walk. I mean their all crying but up to a day before they didn't give a shit about him outside of his daughter.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 19:24   Link #212
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Great finish to a very good series!
i never saw a anime portraiting so "perfect" someone in real life like that, they really did a masterpiece on that moment, the voice actor and the writer deservers a "oscar" for this "perfect scene" of the "supreme leader trump".
Old 2017-12-22, 19:30   Link #213
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

While I really enjoyed the series, the aliens who turned the main characters into cyborgs remained as mysteries. Something similar happened with the Gantz manga once the "truth" was revealed
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 21:07   Link #214
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 21:26   Link #215
Guwange

Good series, really enjoyed it.

Donald Trump also made an appearance on Baki-dou, that chapter was hilarious.
Guwange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 19:41   Link #216
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Feels were had ;-; wasn't expecting that kind of ending really.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elderly main protagonist, superheroes