AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-14, 20:36   Link #61
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Here's a question. If you heard Nanoha wasn't being liscensed in your region but WAS in another english-speaking region, would you import that version?
Considering the only things capable of playing back DVDs I have are Region 1, I wouldn't.

Region encoding is far, far more irritating to the consumer than it should be.
Old 2007-03-18, 02:57   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay.. thats it (goes off to look for region crack for the DVD player in his den). Next player I buy WILL be region-free, after all if its a global economy for the corporations - its a global economy for me too, dammit.
edit: and... it turns out my player can only be modded by a rechip or with a service unit it seems (bastards). Ah well, so much for their products.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-03-18 at 03:17.
Old 2007-04-07, 04:47   Link #63
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Here's a question. If you heard Nanoha wasn't being liscensed in your region but WAS in another english-speaking region, would you import that version?
Lets see here... YES!! Runs off to buy a region free DVD player.
I Love this series. At first i was thrown off by the title but that didn't last long.
Old 2007-04-07, 05:02   Link #64
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
Something I've been considering... since part of the 'coolness' of the Devices is the speaking in foreign languages, maybe they'll do a full switch.

You know... everyone else speaks English, so RH / B speak Japanese. (Or for a German dub, the Tome devices speak Japanese, or maybe Swedish).

Heh, here's an idea. Why not call the dub "White Devil"? That's a great idea! (cough. Sarcasm.)
Old 2007-04-07, 05:04   Link #65
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, they'll call it Demon Cannon Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-07, 05:08   Link #66
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
Didn't we already have that joke somewhere?
Old 2007-04-07, 05:12   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

From the quote thread.

Ma Hou.
Old 2007-04-08, 06:18   Link #68
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

any news on Nanoha being licensed yet??
or was it just a rumor after all....
Old 2007-04-08, 06:55   Link #69
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
any news on Nanoha being licensed yet??
or was it just a rumor after all....
Like said in first post, Geneon has registered nanohadvd.com, but this does not mean that Nanoha will be licensed. There is just a possibility.
It depends on good folks at Geneon.
Old 2007-04-08, 13:33   Link #70
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I meen, similarly, I believe Funimation had the rights to Onepiece.com (or simmilar) and then 4kids beat them to the punch.

On the renaming, "Lyrical Nanoha" works fine. As long as they don't go the Tokyopop route of naming it something completely illrelevent (COUGHchibivampireCOUGH) It's fair game.

Maybe even have a reverse cover so the selling side is "Lyrical Nanoha" and the revese side is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha".
Old 2007-04-08, 13:36   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... to be honest, i was always wondering "why the "lyrical" in the title?". weirdly enough, i think "magical girl" made more sense than lyrical, for the nanoha series

maybe i didn't really get the true meaning of that word for the title, but still ~~
Old 2007-04-08, 14:47   Link #72
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
Maybe even have a reverse cover so the selling side is "Lyrical Nanoha" and the revese side is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha".
That would certainly satisfy people like myself. I'll just pretend that the non-"Magical Girl" title doesn't exist.
Old 2007-04-08, 19:18   Link #73
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Considering the only things capable of playing back DVDs I have are Region 1, I wouldn't.

Region encoding is far, far more irritating to the consumer than it should be.
Well, it is there to stop you from playing DVDs/videogames/etc. from other regions. Just look into "methods" of bypassing that encoding. I haven't had need to bother yet (not a big importer... though I am considering importing the Tsukihime and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni games, and the Fate/Stay Night game once mirrormoon finishes the English translation patch), but I know that they're out there.
Old 2007-04-09, 00:07   Link #74
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well... to be honest, i was always wondering "why the "lyrical" in the title?". weirdly enough, i think "magical girl" made more sense than lyrical, for the nanoha series

maybe i didn't really get the true meaning of that word for the title, but still ~~
That was probably because of the "incantation" Nanoha used to seal Jewel Seeds in the first set of 13 episodes.
Old 2007-04-09, 00:26   Link #75
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
That was probably because of the "incantation" Nanoha used to seal Jewel Seeds in the first set of 13 episodes.
As far as I can tell, its the incantation for Nanoha to activate Raising Heart and maybe some of the spells.

In season 1, Yuuno did ask Nanoha to "look into your heart" or something like that to find her own incantation. Lyrical was just that.
Old 2007-04-09, 01:00   Link #76
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Here's the dictionary meanings of Lyrical:

Quote:
1. (of poetry) having the form and musical quality of a song, and esp. the character of a songlike outpouring of the poet's own thoughts and feelings, as distinguished from epic and dramatic poetry.
2. pertaining to or writing lyric poetry: a lyric poet.
3. characterized by or expressing spontaneous, direct feeling: a lyric song; lyric writing.
4. pertaining to, rendered by, or employing singing.
5. (of a voice) relatively light of volume and modest in range: a lyric soprano.
6. pertaining, adapted, or sung to the lyre, or composing poems to be sung to the lyre: ancient Greek lyric odes.
Notice the third meaning? It easily pertains to Nanoha's theme of expression of feelings and understanding in the first and second seasons.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-09, 02:21   Link #77
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

oh wells i guess its up to Geneon to announce if they really did license Nanoha
Old 2007-04-09, 05:16   Link #78
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
oh wells i guess its up to Geneon to announce if they really did license Nanoha
True.... Will have to wait to see and hear that news...
Old 2007-04-12, 12:54   Link #79
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Hopefully it happens soon since I'm not one for long waits.
Old 2007-04-19, 00:27   Link #80
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:

"Lyrical" was a nod to the old Triangle Hearts fandisc, Triangle Heart ~Lyrical Toy Box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RBghAfiW8
Closed Thread