AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 04:32   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Lordy when do we get a new opening?

You know of all the long running series i've seen One Piece is the only series that I know of that will stick with an opening FOREVER. They've changed their ending a few times but for 93 episodes we've only had two openings. So to anyone who has seen the raws whens are next new op? Jeez I bet the next op they have will still be running up to the current 190 .
Old 2004-04-28, 05:03   Link #2
dythim
dythim

And the skies parted, and the Lordy said unto Tommy:

OP3 starts at 116
OP4 starts at 169
Old 2004-04-28, 05:32   Link #3
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by dythim
And the skies parted, and the Lordy said unto Tommy:

OP3 starts at 116
OP4 starts at 169
I bow before the great Lordy!

But its kinda insane that They keep Op's for sooooo long.

1st op
1-47 so 47 episodes

2nd op
48-115 so 67 episodes!

3rd op
116 to 169 so 53 episodes

4th op
169 to current? (190) so 30 and counting?

Although I guess I shouldn't care too much since I hardly ever watch op's for any anime.
Old 2004-04-28, 07:38   Link #4
ninraven

The first opening sucked, the second ones good though. I'll be sad when its gone.
Old 2004-04-28, 09:26   Link #5
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
The first opening sucked, the second ones good though. I'll be sad when its gone.
eh?!
The first opening is awsome, I love it!!!
Old 2004-04-28, 09:33   Link #6
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
eh?!
I agree, the first opening is great. But it gets old after a while (as does every opening).
Old 2004-04-28, 09:43   Link #7
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssane
I agree, the first opening is great. But it gets old after a while (as does every opening).
I agree with that, they should have changed the opening every 30-20 episodes or so, like they do in Naruto and many other show's, not only is it refreshing to see a new opening but that way they can also show the new characters, for example the current opening doesn't have Ace or Chopper, and the strongest of the Baroque works including Crocodile and Miss All Sunday, they should have changed it when they got to Arabasta.
Old 2004-04-28, 10:35   Link #8
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
I agree with that, they should have changed the opening every 30-20 episodes or so, like they do in Naruto and many other show's, not only is it refreshing to see a new opening but that way they can also show the new characters, for example the current opening doesn't have Ace or Chopper, and the strongest of the Baroque works including Crocodile and Miss All Sunday, they should have changed it when they got to Arabasta.
AGREED! Though I haven't seen the 3rd Opening yet. That's the problem (maybe the ONLY problem) in OP; they have about 3 times more endings than Openings. Believe sucks, hope Hikaru no E is better (that's the name of the 3rd OP, ain't it?)... But We Are rules. The others Openings are better?
Old 2004-04-28, 12:19   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan
AGREED! Though I haven't seen the 3rd Opening yet. That's the problem (maybe the ONLY problem) in OP; they have about 3 times more endings than Openings. Believe sucks, hope Hikaru no E is better (that's the name of the 3rd OP, ain't it?)... But We Are rules. The others Openings are better?
Actually, the song is called "Hikari E" and it's performed by The Babystars
4th opening is "Bon Voyage!" by Bon-Bon Bianco.

In my opinion (after watching 3 out of 4 openings- haven't watched Hikari E yet), Believe is, by far, the best. We Are plainly sucks, the animation and the vocals. Bon Voyage! isn't cool musicwise, but the animation is really good.

As for the endings, the 6th and next ending; Fish by The Kaleidoscope, is, by far, the best. The song is really good, and the ending is entirely dedicated to Chopper. What can be cooler than that?

Also, Tommy-san, there's already a full list of all openings and endings posted by me in this thread, with their respective "life time" too.

Last edited by Vicious; 2004-04-28 at 12:48.
Old 2004-04-28, 13:20   Link #10
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
In my opinion (after watching 3 out of 4 openings- haven't watched Hikari E yet), Believe is, by far, the best. We Are plainly sucks, the animation and the vocals. Bon Voyage! isn't cool musicwise, but the animation is really good.
I agree, Believe is the best out of the openings. The music is upbeat and catchy, and the animation is very nice. Bon Voyage is my favorite overall when it comes to animation, but yeah, the music isn't as good as the other three openings.

I still have a special place in my heart for We Are! though.
Old 2004-04-28, 14:37   Link #11
eLstar
(^_^)v

Wow, we have a long way to go. There's just so many times I can skip the opening...
Old 2004-04-28, 14:56   Link #12
dythim
dythim

I didn't like the first opening initially, but I sorta got to liking it now after having worked on stuff so long. It's got the same style as One Piece itself, simple ( which some people hate ). I love all 4 openings to be honest. And to make up for the lack of new openings, they have new endings every 10 episodes (fun for us). Check 'em out here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=836
Old 2004-04-30, 10:00   Link #13
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssane
I agree, Believe is the best out of the openings. The music is upbeat and catchy, and the animation is very nice. Bon Voyage is my favorite overall when it comes to animation, but yeah, the music isn't as good as the other three openings.

I still have a special place in my heart for We Are! though.
Well, Believe is good, but you kinda stop liking it after watching it over 50 times. It's the same thing EVERY episode. I'm getting sick of Believe. We Are is better, I'm always listening.
Old 2004-04-30, 12:59   Link #14
Jn183

In general, I don't mind an intro/ending to go for 40eps+. I don't watch the intro/ending every single time I watch an ep. I only watch/listen to it once or twice if it's new. Anyway, all of One Piece intro sound/look good to me
Old 2004-04-30, 13:38   Link #15
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I actually watched the opening for the first time yesterday ...
Old 2004-05-03, 22:11   Link #16
filipino heat
oro??

hows the 7th ed?? i like the song glory but i've never seen the ed
Old 2004-05-05, 01:11   Link #17
ninraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
eh?!
When i watched the opening for the first time, i nearly deleted all the episodes i had right then before watching them. It looked cheezy, i wasn't aware One Piece was "pirates", and I saw ussopp and his nose and i was really turned off. Thank god i actually gave it a chance though.
Closed Thread