Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 14:00   Link #7741
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Somewhat off topic, but has anyone know where I can find the Fairy Tail Rave Master crossover?

Is it somewhere online/has it been released in some volume?
It was released in volume #26, on 22/4/11...I think. Links to manga reading sites are off-limits here, so can't help you there.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 06:02   Link #7742
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

MANGA CHAPTER 274 IS OUT

Spoiler for In case those who seen this have yet to read it:

Last edited by xKeir; 2012-03-09 at 06:13.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 06:10   Link #7743
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

- shall use a new post -

About the Ultear/Leon/Gray post, you guys know that technically speaking their of the same age right? [Well i mean ignoring the Time Skip where Gray is technically 7 years younger]

It's just that Ultear was portrayed as a much older women partly due to her connection with Meredy.

As for ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
What's the use of a 'tournament' if ANYONE can basically cheat.

Gadz that's like the 'cursed' broom in Harry Potter, if a teacher could do that heck I am surprised the Qudditch Cup is even playable with all the high level magic going on there.
If your saying that because of Lucy's loss, than
To be fair, Jellal is also 'cheating' by pretending to be Mystogan.

If your commenting base on overall, well. To help the plot advance i think it's pretty much okay now and than to have some loopholes in the plot.
Old 2012-03-09, 06:15   Link #7744
konart

Spoilers
Spoiler for 274
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-03-09, 06:24   Link #7745
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 274:
Old 2012-03-09, 06:35   Link #7746
Jellal
Anime Critic

Oh shoot I forgot about the manga!

I'm glad I was able to snatch the name jellal haha!
Jellal will definitely beat jura as mystogan xD
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 06:39   Link #7747
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Really like the arc so far.
Old 2012-03-09, 06:43   Link #7748
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 274:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 07:15   Link #7749
blewin

Jellel's defeat is hiliarous! that line about FT being in charge of the gag is just gold. Wonderful.

the premonition sounds too much like the foreshadowing of a death..... a real death in FT? I'm not sure whether to be excited or not. Well, probably not since we still have much to see of Levy's ability if only the author can shift her to become less of a side character!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 07:40   Link #7750
Jellal
Anime Critic

Honestly, after such a display - I have no words to describe this loss.
Frankly, such horrific turn of events really lower fairy tail standards.

Now its obvious no LOGICAL matches are considered and its basically only nakama power that wins.

I've never been so disappointed by a chapter.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 08:07   Link #7751
ShiroiRyu

HAHAHAH !
OH MAN !
ULTEAR ! YOU ARE A BIG BITCH ! I love you ! XD
Old 2012-03-09, 08:22   Link #7752
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, she didn't have much of a choice...although Gerard started out with Mystgan's magic, he was forced to use heavenly body magic, and if his identity was exposed, FT B' would probably be disqualified, be it for having an outsider participate, or said participant being a wanted criminal.

FT is feeding too much though, they'll have to take a round tomorrow or it's GG for Sabertooth.
Old 2012-03-09, 08:36   Link #7753
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, didn't expect that. I'll say this for FT, as opposed to traditional shonen, the fight results can be really... unexpected.

Interesting that Levy is narrating. Then again, as a bookworm type, I can see her writing things down (which may be her ultimate role).

Not much else to say, eager as always to see what's coming up, as the mysteries slowly unwind.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 09:15   Link #7754
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, if Levy is the one narrating, something must have happened to Lucy since the entire story, up until now, has been her telling it. Lucy goes away...? mrrr

About the chapter:

-Ultear, you're twenty kinds of awesome - JOIN FAIRY TAIL!!! - She's like the perfect character to troll anyone with

-Mavis. Is. Adorable.-
Old 2012-03-09, 09:32   Link #7755
immblueversion

Indeed, like Jellal, I have no words to describe what happened. However, it's nice to at least have a loss that doesn't make me fume with rage over the audience, considering they're limited to a single panel of insulting. At least good ol' Erza understands the situation perfectly. She can read Jellal like a book now. And it was only a matter of time before Hiro Mashima truly let Jellal in on the funny.

Indeed, Yaj, there's still a chance for Fairy Tail to pull things around. I'm just glad we got treated to a fun battle where we seemingly didn't have to worry about Raven Tail totally messing everything up. But like all fun things Fairy Tail, with this premonition of Carla's the fun must inevitably stop. What could be so horrible that Levy would leave a note for Lucy?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 10:35   Link #7756
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL that was unexpected but was hilarious, after seeing this, the 3 of them def need to join FT!

But what was expected was FT being at the bottom after the first day, will be fun to see em turn that around.
If anything I have always liked seeing FT turn events around even if they be cliche or an ass pull, doesn't really matter to me, it's all good entertainment.

Seems to the me the writing in the box is something from the future that Levy wrote, which by the sounds of it the games do actually end properly and then the big bad event happens after.
Altho that could change given Charla has this premonition which could actually maybe alter events abit.
Old 2012-03-09, 10:58   Link #7757
sergel02

The chapter was nice and funny and the fight was cool but what got me was that last page. Was it like that for anyone else?

Just the way it was narrated, I wasn't sure if something is set to happen to Lucy or Levy, and made me really anxious to find out.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:15   Link #7758
orangejuicetang

Some random thoughts about the new chapter

-Well, that was an interesting fight, although it had a somewhat anti-climatic albeit hilarious conclusion.

-Star Destruction was one of Shakuma's moves, huh? I don't exactly remember which one it was, but almost all of Shakuma's spells were overkill, so assuming it has the same general power scale, Jellal, isn't that spell's a bit overkill?

-I assume that there are several mages that use heavenly body magic, but Jellal's probably the strongest one of those. Since people didn't realize who he was after he used meteor and Grand Chariot, but using Star Destruction would have completely given him away.

-Not sure if it was using heavenly body magic that gave Jellal's identity away to Jura, or the fact that when Jellal was zipping around upside down his mask happened to fall down due to gravity, revealing his rather distinctive facial marking (around page 13). If the latter, you might want to buy a better mask, Jellal.

-Ultear, you troll you. Also, I'm impressed Meredy's magic can actually reach/link Jellal, considering the distance between them.

-So far, both times in battle when Fairy Tail used their trump/ultimate spell, it got interrupted huh? That's unfortunate.

-Raven tail erasing Lucy's spell was one thing, but did nobody notice the markings that appeared on Jellal's wrist when Meredy used her spell? That's at least has a visual indication.

-Mavis and Markov's reaction to Jellal losing is hilarious.

-Looks like something happens to either Lucy or Levy. Probably Lucy, although I can't imagine Lucy dying at this point in the story.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:30   Link #7759
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Alright, so Meldy's first lesbian experience with Ultear, we're gonna chalk that up as experiment failed, never let Ultear wear the strap-on in that relationship. This is why I like Jura , even though he discovered Mystogan's identity, he's gonna keep quiet for the sake of Fairy Tail. Can someone make HIM Lamia's guild master instead of that stupid old lady? Hmm, that last part of narration was definitely made by Levy, which means something definitely will happen to Lucy or Levy within the games, and has affected them even after the games' end. Lucy won't die. The mystery about her mom still hasn't been cleared, and until she doesn't find the keys of Libra and Pisces, and maybe Ophiuchus, she'll stay safe. Another Charle premonition? We saw how well THOSE worked in the tenrou arc. She's like the Shukuro Tsukishima of Fairy Tail, making people see what she wants them to see only to realize that it was a Bullcrap delusion made by her. I wish Obra's little imp was more thorough with the sabotaging and just offed her completely. Wendy can get another Exceed, one that doesn't act like such a Mom.
Old 2012-03-09, 13:36   Link #7760
classic

Quote:
Looks like something happens to either Lucy or Levy. Probably Lucy, although I can't imagine Lucy dying at this point in the story.
May be she will be kidnapped because of her mother`s connections?
classic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen