AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 01:58   Link #61
Cloudy

I'm more hyped about this than Prism Nana due to its secrecy.
Old 2012-08-11, 03:18   Link #62
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm more hyped about this than Prism Nana because this looks interesting and that does not.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:01   Link #63
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Honestly all this secrecy annoys me. If you have a great concept promote it, don't hide it.
To be fair, there are other fall series that only had their existence announced this past week. The difference is, we already had a title for PsychoPass, and that's only because otherwise people would be wondering, "What's the other noitaminA show?"
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 11:05   Link #64
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
To be fair, there are other fall series that only had their existence announced this past week. The difference is, we already had a title for PsychoPass, and that's only because otherwise people would be wondering, "What's the other noitaminA show?"
Which is Robotics;Notes... not something that is very "noitamina"-ish
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:12   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm hyped for neither this nor Prism Nana cause I don't know enough about either and because hype is for people that like being led along by the nose and ultimately being disappointed. Not playing that game anymore.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:33   Link #66
Bokusenou

Uh, there is a plot summary at the end of the trailer (in Japanese). http://i.imgur.com/SMJI0.png
I'm too tired to translate it now, but I'll say this: The plot looks pretty Orwellian.
Bokusenou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:35   Link #67
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokusenou View Post
Uh, there is a plot summary at the end of the trailer (in Japanese). http://i.imgur.com/SMJI0.png
I'm too tired to translate it now, but I'll say this: The plot looks pretty Orwellian.
It's not a plot summary, it's just a bit of world building regarding the setting. There's so far nothing that remotely even hints at what the actual plot of the show is about. Who are the characters? What is the nature of the story? What event does the story cover?

We've known about the setting since it was announced in Jan. We don't know anything else.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:43   Link #68
Bokusenou

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not a plot summary, it's just a bit of world building regarding the setting. There's so far nothing that remotely even hints at what the actual plot of the show is about. Who are the characters? What is the nature of the story? What event does the story cover?

We've known about the setting since it was announced in Jan. We don't know anything else.
Ah, OK. Sorry. Maybe "plot summary" was the wrong phrase to use.^^;
Bokusenou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:45   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

noitaminA should stop teasing and just release a good trailer... unless they have nothing good to show?
Old 2012-08-11, 15:50   Link #70
leokiko

The characters are going to be a bunch of teenage girls in tight suits and CG guns.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 16:42   Link #71
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm more hyped about this than Prism Nana because this looks interesting and that does not.
Kinda where I am too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
The characters are going to be a bunch of teenage girls in tight suits and CG guns.
Which is entirely possible given what we know (which is nothing).
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 07:57   Link #72
KuroTsuki14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
and 2 guys so the girls can fall for them or some what romance-subtext or yuri-subtext or both

Idk that what seeing this autumn in noitaminA : 3 to 4 girls and 2 guys and mecha. Both show seem aim for guys (otaku) than both gender.

Oh well, PsychoPass seem more interesting since we don't know what they will throw at us. So i'm looking forward to the updates, it's killing me what they keeping behind our backs. I really hope Urobuchi on this.
Old 2012-08-13, 08:20   Link #73
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I can see value in keeping the staff behind this a secret. That can create lots of buzz and speculation while also guarding against set viewer expectations. You effectively get the benefits of hype without its downsides.

However, to really get speculation going you should at least throw your potential audience a bone. And given that anime is a visual medium, a lot of people will be influenced by the quality of the visuals, so a basic trailer that showcases some visuals would be a good bone to throw. Great visuals alone don't make a great anime, but it does help get people to at least try out an anime.

If Psycho-Pass looks as good as K, say, then I really have to question holding off on a basic trailer like this.
Old 2012-08-13, 08:46   Link #74
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'm hoping that I can speculate that the story will focuses about a merciless male assassin (a former psychopath) who has to kill 25 other assassins for betrayal reasons, but his main motive is to save his dead childhood friend (who's suddenly reborn as a human weapon) from the antagonist, and the main force (who has a emblem in the official website) has to kill those individuals for political purposes, and it takes place in a futuristic setting which will later turn into post-apocalyptic wasteland. I'm also hoping that this kind of plot will make it a great anime, with lots of gore and dark'n'edgy elements, but the main cons is that it will contain some rape and a NTR subplot.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:36   Link #75
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.facebook.com/the4ch/posts/212553508872198

Next month's Otomedia will have a feature for Psycho-Pass. What does this tell us? It pretty much ensures that the show has pretty boys in it somewhere, probably as the leads, otherwise there is no way it will be in a fujoshi magazine like that.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:52   Link #76
Cloudy

So we have to wait till next month for the annoucement of the staffs, Seiyuus and the reveal of the visual arts? I hope this is not the case.
Old 2012-08-13, 11:29   Link #77
AleX_MytH

Quote:
It pretty much ensures that the show has pretty boys in it somewhere, probably as the leads, otherwise there is no way it will be in a fujoshi magazine like that.
Tiger & Bunny is on the list too, so there's a hope that designs won't be as shoujo-ish as in Kuroko or Arkana.
Or maybe Gen is going to troll shoujofags as he did with slicefags in Madoka?
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:34   Link #78
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/the4ch/posts/212553508872198

Next month's Otomedia will have a feature for Psycho-Pass. What does this tell us? It pretty much ensures that the show has pretty boys in it somewhere, probably as the leads, otherwise there is no way it will be in a fujoshi magazine like that.
I always expect Shigenori Soejima to design the characters with a shoujoish feel, even though the story itself isn't.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 18:19   Link #79
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Fujoshi strong. Well, if this is the only way we're going to get this kind of setting in anime anymore, I guess I'm alright with it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 04:30   Link #80
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Gen Urobuchi has retweeted the Psycho-Pass twitter announcement from a few days back. I guess that's as close to a confirmation we're going to get at the moment that he's involved with this show.

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller