AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-09-20, 22:16   Link #3101
Tbolt

Political marriages fall in two easy categories, Lower class marries daughter to higher class to better there social status. Higher class marries lower class because he can, love has nothing to do with it but can have the same effect of raising the lower classes status. XFire is following the ideals of the story and I personally agree with his arguments. And Palmito don't try and put your ideals into the story, its just a story. Just saying.
Old 2018-09-21, 00:27   Link #3102
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
Huh no? I said that a simple "no" would not be something humiliating for the norse gods, then in your last post you said it would be, now you're saying that Rias and Issei said "no" and everything was okay? What about consistency? To begin with, who said they should act rudely?

An honor? LMAO. Head line - "Norse Chief God tries to force Oppai Dragon's servant to marry him." Yeah, public opinion would really think it would be an honor to be forced to marry a man you do not want to and who is the son of man who has left you behind by yourself in a foreign country. But what a good man, huh? Trying to steal one of the girls from our national hero, Oppai Dragon. People in the underworld and other factions will really think high of Vidar. It will not be shameful for him at all.

And if you want to make your own head canon and think that this incident is public then ok. So far nothing has been said about it.
And what makes you think that the public knows that both Ross and Issei are in relationship? As far as they are concerned, Ross is just Issei's servant. That's all
It's just as Gondul Said. Had Ross already made a move with Issei, the proposal wouldn't have happened.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 00:38   Link #3103
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Huh no? I said that a simple "no" would not be something humiliating for the norse gods, then in your last post you said it would be, now you're saying that Rias and Issei said "no" and everything was okay? What about consistency? To begin with, who said they should act rudely?
Wut.

How is that the conclusion you came to regarding what I said?

I said outright refusing a political marriage with someone of a massively higher social status from another country would be seen as a slight, because common sense, that's how politics work. Image is everything.

You twisted that into me saying the devils had no choice but to kowtow to the Norse.

I pointed out that wasn't true, because they used political channels to protest the way the proposal was presented, causing it to be withdraw in favor of a marriage meeting. They did not refuse outright, hence the meeting taking place.

The posts are literally right above us, dude. Just scroll up.

Quote:
An honor? LMAO. Head line - "Norse Chief God tries to force Oppai Dragon's servant to marry him." Yeah, public opinion would really think it would be an honor to be forced to marry a man you do not want to and who is the son of man who has left you behind by yourself in a foreign country. But what a good man, huh? Trying to steal one of the girls from our national hero, Oppai Dragon. People in the underworld and other factions will really think high of Vidar. It will not be shameful for him at all.
Except that....
  • the headline would be "Norse Chief God proposes to hero Valkyrie"
  • Rose is not one of Issei's girls in the view of the public
  • No one outside the situation would think she was being pressured into this

He's not kidnapping her like Elucid, he just proposed to her. A single woman originally from the Norse side who has recently become a renowned hero because of her contributions in the Evil Dragon War.

You realize literally no one outside the Gremory group and their closest friends would actually see this as troubling her at all, right?

Quote:
And if you want to make your own head canon and think that this incident is public then ok. So far nothing has been said about it.
And you're just assuming that this specific incident out of literally everything else major figures do in this series manages to escape media attention. When Rias has said the only way she ever gets away from it is by going to the human world.

K.
Old 2018-09-21, 04:24   Link #3104
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Wut.

How is that the conclusion you came to regarding what I said?

I said outright refusing a political marriage with someone of a massively higher social status from another country would be seen as a slight, because common sense, that's how politics work. Image is everything.

You twisted that into me saying the devils had no choice but to kowtow to the Norse.

I pointed out that wasn't true, because they used political channels to protest the way the proposal was presented, causing it to be withdraw in favor of a marriage meeting. They did not refuse outright, hence the meeting taking place.

The posts are literally right above us, dude. Just scroll up.

Except that....
  • the headline would be "Norse Chief God proposes to hero Valkyrie"
  • Rose is not one of Issei's girls in the view of the public
  • No one outside the situation would think she was being pressured into this

He's not kidnapping her like Elucid, he just proposed to her. A single woman originally from the Norse side who has recently become a renowned hero because of her contributions in the Evil Dragon War.

You realize literally no one outside the Gremory group and their closest friends would actually see this as troubling her at all, right?

And you're just assuming that this specific incident out of literally everything else major figures do in this series manages to escape media attention. When Rias has said the only way she ever gets away from it is by going to the human world.

K.
"Image is everything" - "Screw you I'm going to marry my master" - Said Rose to Vidar the son of Odin who by the way dont think twice about doing perv things in front of other people, like for example staring to the breasts of the Maou Leviathan in a important meeting. Yeah image is realy everything in dxd world.

I do not think people really care about the image in DxD, Oppai Dragon you know? And you really think the norse gods are going to be so offended by a "no" (that's what they've received in a ruder way by a drunken Rose) and this will shake relations with the alliance. The same Norse gods who have had their land destroyed in war and is in need of allies more than anyone will depart from an alliance with all the greatest factions in the world. yeah....

1- Why are you assuming the media will not think that Rose is being forced when that is the truth?

2-Yes she is. Not a girlfriend. But a servant.

3- If a single rumor is spread by one of the 20 people at that meeting she is being forced this is sure to be the head line.

He's trying to force her to marry him. A woman his father left behind in Japan. And now that she has proved her worth and made a name for herself the nordic gods want her back.

You realize literally everyone who have a brain would actually see this as troubling her, right?

???What do you mean? Rias said that in the underworld it was that way so she came to the human world. You know the meeting was in the human world right? Again if you want to make your own head canon feel free.

Royalknightftw: She does not have to be his girlfriend, the simple fact that the public knows that he is trying to force one of Oppai Dragon's servants to marry him would destroy his public image.

Tbolt: ??? How am I trying to put my ideals into the story?

Last edited by Palmito; 2018-09-21 at 05:57.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 07:49   Link #3105
XFire
150% done

Quote:
"Image is everything" - "Screw you I'm going to marry my master" - Said Rose to Vidar the son of Odin who by the way dont think twice about doing perv things in front of other people, like for example staring to the breasts of the Maou Leviathan in a important meeting. Yeah image is realy everything in dxd world.

I do not think people really care about the image in DxD, Oppai Dragon you know? And you really think the norse gods are going to be so offended by a "no" (that's what they've received in a ruder way by a drunken Rose) and this will shake relations with the alliance. The same Norse gods who have had their land destroyed in war and is in need of allies more than anyone will depart from an alliance with all the greatest factions in the world. yeah....

1- Why are you assuming the media will not think that Rose is being forced when that is the truth?

2-Yes she is. Not a girlfriend. But a servant.

3- If a single rumor is spread by one of the 20 people at that meeting she is being forced this is sure to be the head line.

He's trying to force her to marry him. A woman his father left behind in Japan. And now that she has proved her worth and made a name for herself the nordic gods want her back.

You realize literally everyone who have a brain would actually see this as troubling her, right?

???What do you mean? Rias said that in the underworld it was that way so she came to the human world. You know the meeting was in the human world right? Again if you want to make your own head canon feel free.

Royalknightftw: She does not have to be his girlfriend, the simple fact that the public knows that he is trying to force one of Oppai Dragon's servants to marry him would destroy his public image.

Tbolt: ??? How am I trying to put my ideals into the story?
Rose was drunk, and if you didnt notice people started freaking out when she said that. Vidar salvaged the situation, remember?

That "No" didnt actually go through, hence the duel. It never got past Vidar, who is effectively on their side here.

1 - Because they dont know about her situation. You're assuming they have the same information we do. Gondul stated if Issei and Rose were publicly lovers this would never have happened.

2 - which doesn't imply any limitations on her marriage prospects.

3 - None of those people are dumb enough to potentially blow it out of control

No he isn't. A bunch of pushy old men created an awkward situation. He himself had zero interest and only proposed the duel after seeing the situation personally.

No, they wouldn't. To an outsider it looks like a foreign king offering marriage to a lower-class hero. It'd be borderline fairy tail stuff if it weren't for the actual circumstances the general public isn't aware of.

The marriage meeting itself was in the human world, but you're assuming the official proposal of the Norse Chief God to a servant of the Hero of the Underworld went unnoticed by both sides news forces.

Again, no one is arguing the proposal itself wasn't a stupid idea. But just blowing it off with zero consideration is a horrible political move.
Old 2018-09-21, 09:02   Link #3106
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Rose was drunk, and if you didnt notice people started freaking out when she said that. Vidar salvaged the situation, remember?

That "No" didnt actually go through, hence the duel. It never got past Vidar, who is effectively on their side here.

1 - Because they dont know about her situation. You're assuming they have the same information we do. Gondul stated if Issei and Rose were publicly lovers this would never have happened.

2 - which doesn't imply any limitations on her marriage prospects.

3 - None of those people are dumb enough to potentially blow it out of control

No he isn't. A bunch of pushy old men created an awkward situation. He himself had zero interest and only proposed the duel after seeing the situation personally.

No, they wouldn't. To an outsider it looks like a foreign king offering marriage to a lower-class hero. It'd be borderline fairy tail stuff if it weren't for the actual circumstances the general public isn't aware of.

The marriage meeting itself was in the human world, but you're assuming the official proposal of the Norse Chief God to a servant of the Hero of the Underworld went unnoticed by both sides news forces.

Again, no one is arguing the proposal itself wasn't a stupid idea. But just blowing it off with zero consideration is a horrible political move.
And this completely validates your point that image is everything?

And that's why this plot does not make sense. They are forcing her, and this duel will not solve anything because in the end Rose will still refuse and there is nothing that can be done about it.

1- And you are assuming that they can not get the information.

2- not in a normal marriage, but when they try to force one of the hero's comrade into a marriage then yes.

3- If the Norse gods do not back down and try to say that Rose is dishonoring them then I do not see why no one there would not defend themselves if the media questioned them.

But that's how people will react. Everyone is going to say that the boss of the Norse gods is doing this.

And again you do not take into account that everyone would know the circumstance at the time that Rose publicly says that she does not want to marry Vidar and rather marry Issei. Everything would be solved by that. If the Norse gods did not back down basically everyone would see this as: "The chief norse god is trying to steal the bride of the Oppai dragon."

And you're imagining that this was made publicly. Until this moment this was not said in the novels man. Its just your opinion with no facts.

No, it's not. Just respectfully refuse the marriage proposal and later refuse the duel would be the most obvious and respectful way they could have done. The Norse gods would have no reason to feel humiliated and everything would be resolved quickly without drama.

This thread has already been closed once because of discussions like this so I'm going to stop here.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 09:25   Link #3107
XFire
150% done

Quote:
And this completely validates your point that image is everything?
Yes? They met in the human world where the paparazzi isn't around and found a solution where neither side loses face.

Quote:
And that's why this plot does not make sense. They are forcing her, and this duel will not solve anything because in the end Rose will still refuse and there is nothing that can be done about it.
You denying that political and social pressures exist doesn't make them less real, especially in Japanese culture.

Quote:
1- And you are assuming that they can not get the information.

2- not in a normal marriage, but when they try to force one of the hero's comrade into a marriage then yes.

3- If the Norse gods do not back down and try to say that Rose is dishonoring them then I do not see why no one there would not defend themselves if the media questioned them.
1 - I'm not assuming anything, its outright stated nobody knew Rose was in love with Issei, which is why this happened at all

2 - They made a pushy proposal, which was rude, but Rose is only refusing because she's in love with Issei. It's not like the proposal itself is a bad thing.

3 - at that point it would already be out of control and both sides are actively avoiding this scenario

Quote:
But that's how people will react. Everyone is going to say that the boss of the Norse gods is doing this.
No outsider will think it was him "forcing" her, and the guy is literally playing wingman to her and Issei by both providing a way out of the situation and pushing them forward.

Quote:
And again you do not take into account that everyone would know the circumstance at the time that Rose publicly says that she does not want to marry Vidar and rather marry Issei. Everything would be solved by that. If the Norss gods did not back down basically everyone would see this as: "The chief norse god is trying to steal the bride of the Oppai dragon."
That is literally exactly what the duel is for, dude. It's turning the potentially messy scenario into a big dramatic spectacle so neither side loses face.

Quote:
And you're imagining that this was made publicly. Until this moment this was not said in the novels man. Its just your opinion with no facts.
You're the one assuming that the paparazzi have suddenly ceased to work as they've been repeatedly stated to work in DxD. Occams Razor is on my side here. Unless proven otherwise things still work as stated earlier.

Quote:
No, it's not. Just respectfully refuse the marriage proposal and later refuse the duel would be the most obvious and respectful way they could have done. The Norse gods would have no reason to feel humiliated and everything would be resolved quickly without drama.

This thread has already been closed once because of discussions like this so I'm going to stop here.
No, because it would look like Rose just casually blew off a freaking Chief God. The whole purpose of the duel was to put the situation in a light where the public would see it as a big dramatic love story so everyone would accept the result.

It solves the problem of a refusal without either side looking bad and makes it so no one does something this dumb again.

Edit: the thread was closed because of an off-topic power level argument. We're talking about the latest translated part of the novel the thread is for. I'm pretty sure we're good, but I'll stop if you're done with it.
Old 2018-09-21, 10:55   Link #3108
Lucidrago

So do you think Roygun having access to info about the possible new Longinus is due to her ability 'Crack'? Like maybe it allows her to exploit gaps and openings allowing her to easy infiltrate barriers or techniques with her ability.

So it can allow her to easily infiltrate her way through certain techniques giving her access to certain info that no one else is able to get. And her peerage was specifically made for infiltration and information gathering.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 11:28   Link #3109
TommyG

I thought her ability let her "crack" or break apart mid to long range attacks.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 11:53   Link #3110
yuiichi9

What ability? Details, please.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 12:01   Link #3111
TommyG

A clan specific trait called Crack
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 12:58   Link #3112
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
So do you think Roygun having access to info about the possible new Longinus is due to her ability 'Crack'? Like maybe it allows her to exploit gaps and openings allowing her to easy infiltrate barriers or techniques with her ability.

So it can allow her to easily infiltrate her way through certain techniques giving her access to certain info that no one else is able to get. And her peerage was specifically made for infiltration and information gathering.
Now there's a thought. Like she could see weakness in them or something like that?
Old 2018-09-21, 13:30   Link #3113
Sauron12561

if that is true, she would quickly become one of the most useful and versatile characters in the series, as that would also mean she could she the "crack" in the plans of opponents most likely
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 14:08   Link #3114
yuiichi9

Where does it speak about that ability?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 18:11   Link #3115
Lucidrago

Well some spoilers did mention that Roygun did have an ability called 'Crack' which is the unique demonic power her house has. And it makes sense since Belphegor translates to 'Lord of the Gap.'

Like she could basically find, exploit, or even create openings in attacks, techniques, barriers, etc. That's just what I'm guessing.
Old 2018-09-21, 22:38   Link #3116
S.Freedom

That reminds me of a force ability http://starwars.wiki.com/wiki/Shatterpoint/legends not that I'd mind her imitating Mace Windu.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2018-09-21 at 22:49.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 07:07   Link #3117
Sauron12561

Vol 25 life 2 parts 1&2 are up on B-T
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 17:27   Link #3118
Lord Kai

After reading Life 2, I couldn't help myself but laugh.

"... Also, one last thing. ...Why did you choose to help me?” I asked

…That Heavenly Emperor who supposedly had a dangerous ideology did something to help me. Before this tournament began, if I had to choose, I would have thought that we were enemies. For him to help me here, it seemed like he was hiding something and I was afraid of it."

"Sakra then bluntly said

“Huh, the reason is simple, you know? ---When we get matched up in the main stage, it won’t be enough with just your black armor, it’s just too boring. If we’re going to do it, I want to fight against you when you’re serious, and when you’re at your best, without feeling any burden. In order to accomplish that, I will even use myths if I have to.”

The guy basically called the power of Issei's Pseudo DxD trash and no threat to him ROFL.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 17:31   Link #3119
Lucidrago

Well when you can only use it for 10 seconds and can't even defeat Thanatos within those ten seconds, you basically stand no chance against Indra.

Remember he can only maintain the armor for 10 seconds at this point in time.
Old 2018-09-25, 18:21   Link #3120
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well when you can only use it for 10 seconds and can't even defeat Thanatos within those ten seconds, you basically stand no chance against Indra.

Remember he can only maintain the armor for 10 seconds at this point in time.
I think he was talking about the power of Pseudo DxD form in general. He mentioned nothing about the time limit but just said his black armor is boring. Meaning it's no threat to him. It's not surprising he thinks nothing much about it since this is Indra we're talking about. Going by his statement, his power is probably above Heavenly Dragon-class.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote