AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-09-23, 14:06   Link #4861
TommyG

Fair enough.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 16:33   Link #4862
Lucidrago

Sacred Gear Cancelled kind of fell flat to me. For example, I feel that it was an opportunity to introduce an OP ability of those descended from Lucifer and that the ability would be very OP. And would be very fitting for those descended from Lucifer. Like the Power of Destruction being fitting for the House of Bael and Sirzechs becoming Lucifer and having an overwhelming Power of Destruction.

Like I thought that Rizevim as a Super Devil should have had a more OP ability than being able to cancel out Sacred Gears. Sirzechs has an absolute Power of Destruction that can destroy anything. Basically he's a god of destruction in his own right. And Ajuka can control phenomenon. What can Rizevim do? Cancel out Sacred Gears.

While It's really OP, it really wasn't able to really show off that Rizevim was a Super Devil in my eyes.

And really I'm kind of nitpicking here but there wasn't really an explanation why Rizevim even had this ability.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 21:50   Link #4863
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Sacred Gear Cancelled kind of fell flat to me. For example, I feel that it was an opportunity to introduce an OP ability of those descended from Lucifer and that the ability would be very OP. And would be very fitting for those descended from Lucifer. Like the Power of Destruction being fitting for the House of Bael and Sirzechs becoming Lucifer and having an overwhelming Power of Destruction.

Like I thought that Rizevim as a Super Devil should have had a more OP ability than being able to cancel out Sacred Gears. Sirzechs has an absolute Power of Destruction that can destroy anything. Basically he's a god of destruction in his own right. And Ajuka can control phenomenon. What can Rizevim do? Cancel out Sacred Gears.

While It's really OP, it really wasn't able to really show off that Rizevim was a Super Devil in my eyes.

And really I'm kind of nitpicking here but there wasn't really an explanation why Rizevim even had this ability.
There wasn't really a way to add it at that point considering how long Vali had been around without showing signs of it. If they had some OP ability (idk, Domination?) and Vali just sat on it this entire time, that'd clash pretty heavily with his character, wouldn't it?

So they just kinda went to "Lucifers have ridiculous amounts of demonic energy" and now we're here.
Old 2018-09-24, 15:47   Link #4864
syzorst
syzorst

Why does it seem Balor form Rias is stronger than Sairaorg Breakdown of the Beast despite Sairaorg is stronger base wise than Rias?
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 15:49   Link #4865
Lucidrago

I really don't understand how you see it that way.
Old 2018-09-24, 16:03   Link #4866
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Hey, @Lucidrago what was your idea for Kiba's combined SG called "Knight of Armageddon"?
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 16:26   Link #4867
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
I really don't understand how you see it that way.
I'm basing it by their latest battles. Rias performance against 80% Fenrir and Sairaorg performance against Cao Cao.
Old 2018-09-24, 16:39   Link #4868
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
I'm basing it by their latest battles. Rias performance against 80% Fenrir and Sairaorg performance against Cao Cao.
Sairaorg defeated a Maou class opponent while Rias was able to fight with 80% Fenrir who at full power is top 10 & HD level. But it's also a question of compatibility. Sairaorg has no special powers or ranged attack unlike Balor Rias who can teleport, time stop & use darkness enhance PoD. Sairaorg needs to get stronger.

Maybe we will see Regulus grow in power.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 16:46   Link #4869
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Why does it seem Balor form Rias is stronger than Sairaorg Breakdown of the Beast despite Sairaorg is stronger base wise than Rias?
Because Balor Form combines the ability to teleport with timestop, effectively making her near impossible to hit, and amps her already dangerous PoD to low God class levels of power.

Her form is a combination of very dangerous powers, while Sairongs is just power. Against Cao Cao, who specializes in using technique to offset power, he's inevitably much worse off.
Old 2018-09-24, 17:12   Link #4870
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Because Balor Form combines the ability to teleport with timestop, effectively making her near impossible to hit, and amps her already dangerous PoD to low God class levels of power.

Her form is a combination of very dangerous powers, while Sairongs is just power. Against Cao Cao, who specializes in using technique to offset power, he's inevitably much worse off.
Perhaps but doesn't it make Sairaorg near unstoppable head on. The guy is already ridiculous in his base and his Breakdown increases not only his offense but defense as well and It's not like he loses speed. He's basically like a lesser version of Crom Cruach. Crom has no unique abilities and yet we know how much of a monster he is.
Old 2018-09-24, 17:48   Link #4871
Lucidrago

Cao Cao is first and foremost a technique-type who has a very powerful weapon. He's the worst kind of opponent for Sairaorg who is a power-type. And plus he specializes in researching his opponents and seeing through them even allowing him to dodhe Sairaorg's attacks even if Sairaorg was using Breakdown the Beast. And not to mention he possesses the most powerful Longinus which is a holy spear that is the ultimate weapon against devils.

And while Fenrir is powerful, he literally just charges at his opponent and attacks them and relies on his god-killing fangs and immense speed. Such a direct way of fighting would give Rias the advantage in her Balor Form with her time stop. If she was fighting someone like Cao Cao, that most likely wouldn't be the case as he has a tons of abilities and the way he fights would put almost anyone at a disadvantage.

While It's kind of hard to judge how powerful Cao Cao is(he kind of hovers around) he's able to even damage god-class beings I bet as long as he can hit them with his spear. And the way Cao Cao fights, it is very possible for him to do such a thing. There's a reason he's Indra's vanguard.

The way Fenrir and Cao Cao fight are way too different to judge that Rias in her Balor Form is more powerful than Sairaorg in Breakdown the Beast.
Old 2018-09-25, 00:03   Link #4872
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:

Uh well, many series have character who suddenly have power from nowhere, so i doubt Ishi feel the need to give an explanation
Old 2018-09-25, 03:46   Link #4873
Lucidrago

It's not about what other series do, but what Ishibumi did. I tend to think of Ishibumi as a god when it comes to writing stories so I kind of hold him to a higher standard. And the fourth arc has so many flaws.

Humans can be born with Sacred Gears, there are a lot of bugs in the Sacred Gear system, and there are still a lot of mysteries surrounding them. I can understand that.

Certain houses of devils have special abilities or traits(POD, Worthlessness, Hole). And some devils can even develop their own unique demonic power depending on their personality or preferences(Ajuka's Kankara Formula). I can understand that.

There are certain ways to increase one's power through other means like with Ophis' snake or a king piece. I can understand that.

What I can't understand is why Rizevim has an ability that allows him to cancel out Sacred Gears. Like how did he get it. Was he born with it? Did he develop it? Did his father experiment on him and Rizevim ended up with Sacred Gear Cancelled as a result? Really this is just one of the few questions in the series that Ishibumi has never answered considering that he has been consistent with characters' power and abilities up to that point. So what's the deal with Rizevim?
Old 2018-09-25, 03:53   Link #4874
TommyG

Perhaps it was because he was Liliths proper child, and as far as we know her only one. Lilith was Adams first wife and was kicked out of heaven so perhaps he inherited a power to counter gods gift to humans because his mother was the first human wronged by god.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 06:11   Link #4875
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

i just give an examples that Ishi no need to give an explanation for that Sacred Gear Canceller, he just suddenly give Rizevim that technique to what: a counter to the thing that is symbolises Holy System create by God, give more challenge to the main cast,.... or simply because he want that. Well we can guess forever.
Old 2018-09-26, 07:46   Link #4876
Blazor 98

Anyone thinks Issei will use True DxD G against Crom? He's probably going to need it.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 11:12   Link #4877
bashkim1234

It depend on the fact, if Ise has fulfilled the requirements or not. Ophis and Lilths needs to resonated and he needs to awaken GR power, I donīt think he is going to use his true DxD incoming match.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 14:15   Link #4878
Lucidrago

Well we still don't know if Pseudo DxD is less powerful than DxD G. Because the only difference between the two seems to be that Pseudo DxD is not infinite and thus has a time limit compared to DxD G.
Old 2018-09-26, 14:53   Link #4879
bashkim1234

Quote:
Well we still don't know if Pseudo DxD is less powerful than DxD G. Because the only difference between the two seems to be that Pseudo DxD is not infinite and thus has a time limit compared to DxD G.
It is obvious weaker otherwise Ise would never try to use it again . His DxD is incomplete like his CxC .
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 17:32   Link #4880
Lucidrago

Any evidence proving that CxC is incomplete?

I just mean there is really nothing proving that Pseudo DxD is any less powerful than DxD G. Pseudo DxD just seems like DxD G except with a safety limit on it in the form of a time limit.

The forms look the same and the only difference I note is that Pseudo DxD has a time limit. There is really nothing proving that Pseudo DxD is less powerful than DxD G.