AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-18, 18:29   Link #1
James Rye

Hatred

WARNING! VERY DISTURBING TRAILER AHEAD!

I'm not even sure I should show the vid here, but then again yt shows it so it should be ok, I guess.

Quote:
Taken from http://www.destructivecreations.pl/

Hatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It's a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roam levels. Fight against law enforcement and take a journey into the antagonist's hateful mind. Gather equipment of the dead ‘human shields’ to spread Armageddon upon society. Destroy everything on your way of hunt and fight back when it's disturbed...

...just don't try this at home and don't take it too seriously, it's just a game.

The question you may ask is: why do they do this? These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Herecomes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder. We provoke this question using new Unreal Engine 4, pushing its physics (or rather PhysX) systems to the limits and trying to make the visuals as good as possible. It's not a simple task, because of the game's non-linear structure and a lot of characters on the screen. But here at Destructive Creations, we are an experienced team and we know how to handle the challenge!
Well, this sure was a woooooooohaaa..... reaction from me. That studio will have the attention of the media and thus of the gamer scene for sure, that' a given with this kind of game.

What do you guys think of it?
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 20:02   Link #2
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

A game like this exists for one reason and one reason only, to raise the profile of the studio that made it.

The press around the world went a bit mad whenever call of duty MW:2 had a level where you gunned down civilians imagine what they'll say when this hits the shelves.

Personally I don't think there is any justifiable reason for that level of violence in a videogame.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 20:20   Link #3
IceHism

This was the funniest thing I have seen this whole day.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 06:46   Link #4
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Remember Carmageddon and Postal? Well, approach that game with detachment and crack jokes about it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 11:54   Link #5
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

violence for the sake of violence ..and using a stereotype as mc *sigh* *This is what happens when the bottom of the barrel is finally reached*

at least manhunt(and other ) have plot ..or justified violence ..here is just for the lulz.

personally, i dislike the excess violence as a "way" to satisfied my bloodthirst (...but this is my own moral speaking..i certainly enjoy other games where you can kill or you have the chance/you can choose to do this type of things )...but i can see a lot of persons buying this .

but, the ones who are really going to enjoy this game are the politician...they are going to use this game to control/blame the video game industry for the violence in children's/society (more if we take in consideration the actual issues in the word, gamer world "bs" and others.)

oh well...the studio want publicity, they got it,...we cant blame/hate this game for the content , because its "art", okay... ..but this can backfire ...and karma is a bi*ch
Old 2014-10-19, 12:04   Link #6
yellowsnake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-q5BfMIE6M#t

Is there coop?
yellowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 14:27   Link #7
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Don't see any differences from what I'm doing in Grand Theft Auto since since the beginning of time.
Old 2014-10-19, 15:41   Link #8
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I think the attention the game is getting isn't because it contains violence but rather because its so graphic and that there is no real justification for it, other than the main character wanting to kill.

In GTA is the sole aim of the game to execute innocent civilians by stuffing a gun in their mouth as they cower in terror ? Thats the difference.

Old 2014-10-20, 06:28   Link #9
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
That's why I compared it to Carmageddon. Running laps just sucked because the controls were too sensible and the concurrents & the cops ALWAYS ruined your shit. Now wrecking your opponents until you are the last guy standing or killing ALL pedestrans were highly encouraged, not to mention easier.
Old 2014-10-20, 06:43   Link #10
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

There is no comparison to carmageddon either, for a number of reasons.

Firstly running over pedestrians wasn't the main aim of the game, racing was.

Second it was censored in a lot of countries and the pedestrians were replaced by green blooded zombies (my copy was like this).

Lastly it was a game made in the 90's and lets be honest the pedestrians looked like pixelated stick-men so its hardly comparable to the graphic violence of hatred.

Old 2014-10-20, 06:59   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

You just KNOW the biggest complaint is gonna be the killing of the woman in the trailer. lol
Old 2014-10-20, 07:16   Link #12
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
You just KNOW the biggest complaint is gonna be the killing of the woman in the trailer. lol
A certain AS is so going to make a video about it.

I honestly can't see myself playing the game other than by cracking jokes, listen inappropriate music like Never Gonna Give You Up or reading Les Chants de Maldoror out loud in a hammy voice.
Old 2014-10-20, 11:01   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'll just wait for a comedy lets play of it. It looks boring... I've played Soooo many games with that gameplay its just...eh...

I'll play it for free or something... the executions are pretty sick.

Somethin tells me AS is gonna combine this game with Bayo 2 some how lol
Old 2014-10-20, 15:56   Link #14
Wandering Soul

It comes off more as funny rather than scary and grim dark.
Old 2014-10-20, 19:27   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

And who knows, the setting could be some shitty dark future where everyone is greedy or corrupt etc etc.
Old 2014-10-21, 13:07   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Looks like an updated version of the first Postal game.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-10-21, 18:19   Link #17
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Postal and Hatred isn't even that violen. The evil within has decapitations and gory scenes. This one doesn't. Though I'm pretty interested in it.
Old 2014-12-17, 06:19   Link #18
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hatred, Yanked From Steam Just Yesterday, Is Already Back

First the removed it from Steam Greenlight, now they put it back.
Interestingly, before the game was removed from Steam Greenlight, there was a large number of votes for the game to be available on Steam.
Old 2014-12-17, 06:23   Link #19
Xacual

Apparently it was removed from Steam because of someone probably reacting to controversy when he probably shouldn't have since Steam pretty much is supposed to be just a tool and not take sides on this kind of stuff. I saw Gaben sent an apology to the devs too saying it shouldn't have been removed. There's upsides and downsides to Valve's weird company policies of letting the employees be really independent.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 06:48   Link #20
Golden Lily

Seeing this synsopis I wonder in how many countries it will be banned.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote