AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 05:25   Link #81
desrtsku
Nympholept

I'm baffled by how you people view anti-skill so lightly.
Old 2013-12-29, 14:20   Link #82
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Finally the raw and the translation is out (5-6 pages missing though).

AND IT EVEN HAS NIPPLES (both LO and that dead girl)
With the policy of Index & Railgun & Endymion manga (LN) to never show them I am really surprised.
Ok, that's it *grabs gun* BRB...

Anyway I got a kick out of that iorny in the earlier posts.
Old 2013-12-30, 05:59   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I'm baffled by how you people view anti-skill so lightly.
Unfortunately it's the woes of almost every security organization in fiction.

If they do their job, nothing happens. That means there's no story, and the heroes won't have a chance to look cool.

Unless we have a protagonist on the force.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 06:56   Link #84
desrtsku
Nympholept

I really don't know about that, it's not like their objectives always have that sort of correlation with the protagonists' every single time. Case in point, Accelerator fighting that mech happened in the first place because that "anti-skill" guy did his job correctly (which is capturing the girl).

It's not like it's the first time it ever happened either. Yomikawa does her job correctly most of the time. It served its comedic purpose in SS2 and didn't do such thing as stealing the spotlight from Touma in NT7.
Old 2013-12-30, 13:21   Link #85
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I really don't know about that, it's not like their objectives always have that sort of correlation with the protagonists' every single time. Case in point, Accelerator fighting that mech happened in the first place because that "anti-skill" guy did his job correctly (which is capturing the girl).

It's not like it's the first time it ever happened either. Yomikawa does her job correctly most of the time. It served its comedic purpose in SS2 and didn't do such thing as stealing the spotlight from Touma in NT7.
Personally I kinda feel like yomikawa is a main character that could do some stuff here. She's pretty much always been a badass. It makes sense why she couldn't understand what was going on in nt7, but in other volumes and even in railgun she's been pretty cool. So I think that antiskill could be useful. Though her weakness usually is that the board of directors don't let her do anything...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 21:42   Link #86
Birdway
Banned

Fatality
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guilty conciousness:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

From what I understand, there is some kind of dark project going on that implies using the bodies of missing esper and using them within these machines.

Truly a foreshadowing to the FIVER_Over series of technology. The body Accelerator found was a Level 2 Pyrokinesis esper known as Hasami.

Whilte talking with Yomikawa he says isn't his problem and after returning to his room at the hospital meets with the ninja(?) girl again.

Accelerator was easy going but just hearing Last Order from her was like telling him STFU
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 00:43   Link #87
tsunade666

Accelerator always know what it means to do overkill.
Old 2014-01-01, 05:54   Link #88
LevelSeven

he is also the only one who can do such overkill actions,
the others would need more than 5 chapters before they win...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 16:49   Link #89
Inept Forum User

Article on dengeki.com concerning the manga. Seems to have some information regarding the girl who approached Accelerator:
Spoiler for Apparently...:
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 17:20   Link #90
Acer
Death to the infidels!

the wiki said that Acc know Aiho this chapter, if true this story is set before the vol 8.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 03:07   Link #91
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

After reading the scanlation, I am pegging the current date in the manga to be either September 2nd or September 3rd. Conveniently fitting into that ridiculously busy month.

As for the chapter, I enjoyed it more than Railgun Ch 66 even if the faces are drawn a bit weird. I'm assuming that the manga artist was chosen for his action seens instead. I expect his character art to improve though, like the Index Manga's artist.
Old 2014-01-07, 09:50   Link #92
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally read the scanlation of the 1st chapter.

Whoever that Anti-skill guy is who capture Estelle, he apparently doesn't work for AC and is part of something call DA Company who hates and hunt people like Accelerator as they consider them as evil freaks.

So this might be the 1st time Accelerator is involve with the magic side and i wonder if Estelle will appear in the novels?
Old 2014-01-07, 11:33   Link #93
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
After reading the scanlation, I am pegging the current date in the manga to be either September 2nd or September 3rd. Conveniently fitting into that ridiculously busy month.
September 2nd or 3rd seems too pinpointed. Given the range of time and considering this is his first meeting with Yomikawa, it definitely occurred at some point in September before September 14th.

Anyways, the art style is still a bit rough, but I'm sure that it will improve as time goes on. At the moment, this is getting me a lot more hooked than the Railgun manga and its slow pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So this might be the 1st time Accelerator is involve with the magic side and i wonder if Estelle will appear in the novels?
I second this motion. However, I would wait until the first main arc of Accelerator is over.
Old 2014-01-08, 04:57   Link #94
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
September 2nd or 3rd seems too pinpointed. Given the range of time and considering this is his first meeting with Yomikawa, it definitely occurred at some point in September before September 14th.
The scanlation that I read had a line that was not necessarily translated properly. After reading a scanlation with a better translation, I agree that that the date can't be pinpointed. However, my best guess is that this is occurring while Misaka is at the Liberal Arts City; so no cameo.

But Kamijou on the other hand...

EDIT: Actually, you are completely right. I don't know what I was thinking...

Last edited by OH&S; 2014-01-08 at 21:56. Reason: Eyes Opened
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 10:29   Link #95
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Maybe someone can upload RAW or at least spoilers?
Old 2014-01-29, 21:34   Link #96
Pablete
Banned

Chapter 2 is out.

And oh my lol, Accelerator just got bento'ed
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 00:09   Link #97
tsunade666

WHAT!? what do you mean?
Old 2014-01-30, 00:15   Link #98
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
WHAT!? what do you mean?
Spoiler for Explanation:
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 01:52   Link #99
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Chapter 2 is out.

And oh my lol, Accelerator just got bento'ed
He deserve to get that thing
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 19:32   Link #100
Birdway
Banned

My summary of the chapter:

- Accelerator gives shit about the black mailing and uses wind to crush the girl into a wall.
- After a talk whil still trapped Accelerator releases her bind when she was about to choke.
- LO awakes and Accelerator tell the girl "Shhh".
- After a talk with LO who leaves Accelerator goes back to the girl only to notice both are being observed/spied by the Anti-Skill guy.
- AS guy is shit scared while talking to his higher ups who give a shit about him.
- One of those scientist gives a Kihara-like vibe so he turns a talks to a misterious figure who has tubes connected to his back who only smiles at the scientist words.
- Accel and the girl arrive to a certain place, AS guy(still injured) prepares himself to face him off.
- On the way they meet lots of destroyed AIs but one of them is like the one who Accel faced off on chapter 1 and is controlled by the scienitst who is excited having Accelerator on his screen.
- Accelerator wind slaps the AI but it's unscatched since it used some kind of barrier.
- The AI flees and Accel has some kind of omen(maybe related to LO) but is unable to catch it, Accelerator stopped midway for some reason.
- Later we see Accel on his room at the hospital and LO barges in.
- LO puts a jealousy tantrum and throws the food at Accel's face and hides behind the girl.
- Accel just sighs and puts him on the table and then leaves with LO and the girl.

This chapter had 54 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
He deserve to get that thing
It didn't piss him on so it's kind pointles.

The other girl however, was shit scared.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote