AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-08, 02:48   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The synopsis for Sakurako-san was a bit off though, he's not her boyfriend and she already has a fiancée.

More than anything else atm, I would say I'm loving the two lead characters' interactions. It's not a hardcore mystery show but that might be in it's favor.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 03:18   Link #42
kuromitsu

Show, you start with close-ups of a dead kitten and you're still expecting me to like you? (Anyway, I hope they used the plastic bag to handle the body, not to actually bury the body in it, because if the latter, holy pollution, Batman!)

I wish I liked this episode as much as I wanted to like it. I don't mind the morbid topic, the visuals are nice, the music was overdone but not to a very annoying extent, and I don't really mind the "unrealistic CSI investigation" thing either, but... really, this was yet another story about a normal everydude protagonist being dragged into an adventure by a beautiful, eccentric girl, with the only twist being that the girl is older (but not too old - just enough for the two to have UST). Sakurako started out OK, but when she started doing the pouting and whining and tsundere-ing my reaction was "....oh no."

I'll give it another episode, but I guess my expectations have to be adjusted...

OK, one unrealistic thing that I did mind: did they really just left the rest of that skeleton at the beach? And they let Sakurako take the skull? Really?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 04:23   Link #43
ookamigirl

Well... this is a weird one.
The art is rather nice though.
Sakurako sure is knowledgeable.
Looks like she loves mysteries just as much as bones..
She's really good at it too.
Still... I'm having mixed feelings about it.
Think I'm gonna skip it.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 05:25   Link #44
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Somebody mentioned Bones?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-10-08, 07:11   Link #45
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The synopsis for Sakurako-san was a bit off though, he's not her boyfriend and she already has a fiancée.

More than anything else atm, I would say I'm loving the two lead characters' interactions. It's not a hardcore mystery show but that might be in it's favor.
Yeah, ANN and Sentai's website's synopses mentions her as the girlfriend....but she aint.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 08:10   Link #46
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Maybe Shoutarou Tatewaki is being treated as a Watson-like character for Sakurako-san.

Still, this series might become the best Fall 2015 anime if TROYCA continue their good run!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 08:21   Link #47
Malicre

you know, i hope what people are saying is right in that this is going to be a full on mystery show and not some romantic love triangle with a side of mystery crap (saying the male mc has a crush on the female mc while she is engaged and working together makes me cringe) but only time will tell.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 14:30   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't really like the whole cliche where the protagonist makes the police detectives look incompetant but otherwise it was an interesting premiere. The animation was especially great. I don't expect that to last though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 20:11   Link #49
Alucard396

LN's for this series

I really hope to see a romance relationship between shoutarou and sakurako but I don't want them just abruptly giving hey there in a relationship now kind of crap I think it should start out slow. Age difference doesn't matter and plus it's japan and we had a relation ship with an older female as in onegai teacher.
Alucard396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 21:19   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad start. I'm not really sure if I liked it a ton, but it had some interesting moments. Can say both leads have a mix to them between adult maturity and immaturity.

In the end Sakurako does feel like another Sherlock Holmes type, just with an over the top obsession with bones of all types.
Old 2015-10-09, 01:07   Link #51
Beobachter

Assuming we ignore the official synopsis (which is already misinformation in the first place), I somehow don't get that much impression from the first ep alone that their relationship seem to be...romantic? MC's clearly fond of and fascinated by Sakurako, but he doesn't seem that torn up when he mentioned her fiancee and just don't seem like someone in love (yet). It feels a lot like your archetypal eccentric detective-straight man sidekick, but I dunno, maybe they develop the romantic aspect more in the future. We'll see (I prefer if they don't, but wouldn't mind that much if it's well-executed).

As for the first ep, it's decent enough. The mystery's fine for a premier that's more focused on establishing the two leads and their dynamic. I can easily tolerate a bit of unrealistic procedural in this kind of show if I can follow the main characters' thought process while they're deducing things, and that's indeed the case. Like the bone knowledge too, I'll keep this one.
Beobachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 01:17   Link #52
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And thus the "contest" between Sakurako-san and SubeteF begins.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 02:10   Link #53
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
japan must be a peaceful place given how most of the police act in animes.
You can thank the strict firearms and sword control laws for that. That with the strict penalties that happened to Japan due to accidental discharges or rampages with "legal" weapons made the NPA even propose more strict regulations.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 02:25   Link #54
Arya

For a while early in the episode I was almost sure it was Tasogare Otome x Amnesia S2, the peak reached when the girl turned from the tree to the MC kissing a skull. I thought ok, confirmed, that's her skull so ... surely the awkwardness of the scene helped, what was she doing facing that tree?
Well, other than this, nothing much to add, the visuals are noteworthy but the premise was not in my liking, not a surprise since it's a mystery, so I'll skip it. Not fond of age gaps between characters either.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 04:46   Link #55
cyth
Banned

I highly doubt there's gonna be any romance, at all. Maybe on level of Spice & Wolf or even less than that.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 09:57   Link #56
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I highly doubt there's gonna be any romance, at all. Maybe on level of Spice & Wolf or even less than that.
Uhhhh. Spice & wolf is a romance story through and through.
This is a mystery so it won't have nearly as much as it. Many stories don't.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 10:30   Link #57
cyth
Banned

Well later on it gets more romancy, but throughout the first season it's mostly just economics and Horo's playful teasing. We're probably not even gonna see that, since Sakurako is too otaku for that.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 11:16   Link #58
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Well later on it gets more romancy, but throughout the first season it's mostly just economics and Horo's playful teasing. We're probably not even gonna see that, since Sakurako is too otaku for that.
I rather worry at some point she may try to examine his skeleton, which may be not good for his life.
Old 2015-10-09, 11:45   Link #59
Alucard396

I can't see her marrying the fiance seems like some arranged thing I hope she will develope feelings for shoutarou
Alucard396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 13:54   Link #60
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The synopsis is either a big spoiler, or a big lie. Both cases aren't too good... I mean "showing off his girlfriend"? What? I just hope it doesn't turn out into something like making her pretend that she is his GF in front of his classmates or something like that... and then the "fiance" appears and the drama begins... no such things please!

I am glad that the main boy does not always get caught up in the main girl's pace. If that were the case, it would have been an instant drop for me.

What would the main girl be considered? I think it would be something between a "kuudere" and a "dandere" if you really wanted to put a "label" on, but luckly her character is eccentric enough to not be considered a simple archtype. Which is a good thing. Main boy gets a little bit focus too (close up on his hands trembling when he suspects that the main girl hides a bone) and as mentioned he is not afraid to "talk back to her". There IS potential in these characters.

I wonder if this will be more focused on the characters or the individual mysteries, or something else entirely.

Otherwise OK beginning, but it seems too much of the "typical" holmes-watson mystery when looking at the big picture, including the usual detective novel police doing detective novel police-like things. I'll keep an open mind though and hope that it actually goes somewhere and the aforementioned potential actually comes to play.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2015-10-09 at 14:06.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, thriller