5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-24, 02:35   Link #41
deadite

I wonder what is the truth about AV system McGill is was speaking of? Something thematic I bet. I'm expecting something brings full circle the themes of the story.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 09:27   Link #42
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, I wasn't aware of that joke since I'm never that much into seiyuu world . But......she started the "17 yo-religion" for female seiyuus?? Well, that's ..... weird, even for a joke . Anyway, thanks for that heads up .
It's not weird. In America, once actresses reach a certain age they can't find work. No one wants an "old" actress in their starring roles. Prob the same in Japan.
Old 2016-02-24, 09:49   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
In America, once actresses reach a certain age they can't find work. No one wants an "old" actress in their starring roles. Prob the same in Japan.
Yeah, tell that to Meryl Streep and others. In other words, at the end of the day, it really depends on the quality of the actresses themselves and the nature of their work.
Old 2016-02-24, 09:52   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
It's not weird. In America, once actresses reach a certain age they can't find work. No one wants an "old" actress in their starring roles. Prob the same in Japan.
Well, voice acting is treated a little differently. The actress isn't on screen so there's a lot more lenience. I know that golden age acting legend, Lauren Bacall was doing voice acting for movies and such up until the time of her death a couple of years ago and she was in her 90s.

I still remember her doing the Witch in Howl's Moving Castle some years ago.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 21:01   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That part I thought was kind of forced. It's barely been a few days and now suddenly the company that killed and massacred everyone wants to give them everything they asked for? It feels a bit rushed.
The Dort company at the time was being strong armed by Gjallarhorn. The official was weary of what Gjallarhorn was doing letting things escalate that it was not in his and the company's interest.

It is part PR damage control , part giving a finger to Gjallarhorn.

Indeed the power blocs are more willing to negotiate if Gjallarhorn wasn't making things worse for everybody.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 10:25   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, tell that to Meryl Streep and others. In other words, at the end of the day, it really depends on the quality of the actresses themselves and the nature of their work.
Meryl Streep's last Oscar win for best Actress was in 2012. She has a starring role in a British comedy film that's in post production, not Hollywood. She's prob not getting as much work as you think.
Old 2016-02-25, 12:13   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
She's prob not getting as much work as you think.
Not true. More like, she chose to not work on many projects (due to her age and to enjoy her life more coz she already has more than enough money to live until she eventualy dies). But let me elaborate:

First: so far, Meryl Streep stil has the luxury to choose what projects (be it film or stage) she's going to work on. Studios and stage prouctions are still in line for her to play a role in their projects. You might wanna ask her agent.

Second: she's still very much active after 2012. Should I list her works for you?
Spoiler for Meryl Streep's works:
Third: your argument was that actresses in the age of Meryl Streep "can't find work" (your own words) which is not true based on the above facts. An actress that can still choose what projects she will work on has no difficulties finding work. And like I said, people are still in line to hire her.
Old 2016-02-26, 23:02   Link #48
haseo0408

Biscuit is being an idiot, I know he wants everyone to be safe but they are a private military company, risking their lifes for moneay is what they do for a loving and if either choice has risks itīs better to take the ones that birngs most profit, besides, does he think thos bastards of Gallajhorn are going to let them go after all they have done?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 00:57   Link #49
Dark Wing

I wouldn't worry too much about biscuit wanting to leave. He extremely upset due to the death of his brother but I feel they'll be able to bounce back from this and make up.

Tags
weekly episode discussion