AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-01-03, 22:47   Link #61
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I would of preferred a sequel rather then a retelling of such a short arc.... Cause i really didn't feel they developed Yuji and Shana's relationship well in the end......
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 23:37   Link #62
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I too rather they did someother story arc then such a retelling, I just cant seems to warm to such retellings. Its not that they dont have the story to make a movie. I mean Vol. 10 of the novel fits a movie prefectly, and its a standalone story too, kinda.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 23:39   Link #63
holyman282

I feel they are just being lazy or don't have the funds to create another anime and are trying to milk some funny with a retelling...

I never liked a retelling unless the story will be different from the original, otherwise i just don't see the point, i mean you know how it's going to end...
Old 2007-01-04, 01:54   Link #64
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I feel they are just being lazy or don't have the funds to create another anime and are trying to milk some funny with a retelling...

I never liked a retelling unless the story will be different from the original, otherwise i just don't see the point, i mean you know how it's going to end...
I don't think it will be exactly a remake into a 1-2 Hour Movie, take a look at "Air - Movie" for an example if you ever saw it, From a 12 Episode Series into a movie, it actually did well, I liked it more than the series. Now I don't think the Shakugan no Shana will redo all 24 Episodes into one Movie, probably half of it? Or maybe they'll actually add in stuff they never shown/mentioned in the series. Who knows...

I do hope it's completely different though, with new/better scenes and such. I don't mind watching Shakugan no Shana(The Story all over again) Movie, not completely the same, just with atleast enough "new" in it that would satisfy the Viewers/Fans.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 07:14   Link #65
martino
makes no files now

Quote:

Well, let's hope for some kick a$$ animation...
Old 2007-01-04, 07:39   Link #66
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I wouldn't mind if they re-did Friagne's storyline, because the way Friagne was finished off in the anime seemed rather lame.

Whereas in vol 1 of the novel:
Spoiler for novel vol1:
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 09:56   Link #67
bayoab

Quote:
Then i realised they were going to introduce new villains to the story, so i forgave them. Now i don't think the movie will make the Friagne arc longer as a movie goes for about 1 to 2 or at the most 3 hours and in that 3 hours, they must introduce and defeat all the villains introduced in the series, now a movie has far less time to delve too deep into the villains, so i won't be expecting a extra long Friagne arc.
This is an anime movie. With 99.999% probability, it will be under 2 hours long. It will likely be 90 minutes or so if we are lucky since most anime movies are just over an hour. Since the other movies that are coming with Shana to the theaters are also retelling 4 episodes worth, my guess is 4x25 = 100 min movie MAX.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 11:03   Link #68
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I wouldn't mind if they re-did Friagne's storyline, because the way Friagne was finished off in the anime seemed rather lame.

Whereas in vol 1 of the novel:
Spoiler for novel vol1:
sadly, they probably changed this scene, so it wouldn't be that "obvious" for the last episode (although it was really predictable)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-04, 15:05   Link #69
holyman282

I really didn't feel any dislike for the villains, what i found in Shana the series was that the writers actually made you feel sympathetic towards the villain, by giving them a reason to do the bad things, remember Friagne did it out of love of marianne and the perverted siblings did it cause they love each other.

With these reasons i felt i couldn't fully hate the villains like most anime make me to, but instead i was confused as to who i am rooting for lol
Old 2007-01-04, 16:31   Link #70
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Not to mention having heroes mistreating the villains, like poor Hecate
Old 2007-01-22, 21:50   Link #71
Ikaruga22

i hope its showing when i go to japan during april
Ikaruga22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 00:55   Link #72
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Am I the only one who can't stop listening to this for 4-days-straight? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdTOFwtA0h8

Only 5 days left now till hits the theatre.~

*also can't belive no one is discussing about this when it's near release* >>; Guess I'm the only one left interested in the movie?
Old 2007-04-17, 01:03   Link #73
cardslash02

I'm also excited for the movie! I'm going to go see it probably a couple of days after it gets in the theater (omg theaters so expensive here in Japan). My question is, is it going to be paired with a couple of other movies, or just shown by itself? Because when it's advertised, it's also shown with a couple of other anime movies.
cardslash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 01:13   Link #74
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Is the advertisement you saw this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXurMUEU3rI ? It's the latest one. :/ Nothing much in it either.... About paired with other animes... I don't know about that, but it's a movie. You watch what you paid for, there are other anime movies released on the 21st probably.

Small update I guess;
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aka; 2007-04-17 at 01:26.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 01:44   Link #75
cyth
Banned

Shakugan no Shana movie is going to be shown under the event called Dengeki Bunko movie festival; it will also feature Inukami! and Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World special movies. According to animate.tv, a ticket for each movie costs 2800 en. For Shana's you'll also get a Shana memorial telephone card, for Inukami!'s a special image MAXI CD Single by YOUKO, and for Kino no Tabi's a small bag, a mini-notebook and a special signature card (not sure whose signature you'll get). I'm sure we'll be able to see the movies released separately on DVD. I wouldn't count on a full-length anime movie though. If it's a festival of some sort, I'm more willing to think of them as an hour long features.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 00:25   Link #76
cardslash02

And where is this Dengeki Bunko movie festival? Is it a one time event only? Then I can't go see the movie in a regular theater??? Plz let me know.
cardslash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:17   Link #77
cyth
Banned

As I understand, you can already buy the tickets online. The three "festival" movies will be shown in selected theatres across the country from 21st april to 20th may. You should really check out the festival's page for the selected theatres.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 02:03   Link #78
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Shakugan no Shana movie is going to be shown under the event called Dengeki Bunko movie festival; it will also feature Inukami! and Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World special movies. According to animate.tv, a ticket for each movie costs 2800 en. For Shana's you'll also get a Shana memorial telephone card, for Inukami!'s a special image MAXI CD Single by YOUKO, and for Kino no Tabi's a small bag, a mini-notebook and a special signature card (not sure whose signature you'll get). I'm sure we'll be able to see the movies released separately on DVD. I wouldn't count on a full-length anime movie though. If it's a festival of some sort, I'm more willing to think of them as an hour long features.
with these Reasons, They have given me reasons to go and watch it ... But am not there ...
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 01:24   Link #79
charizardpal
灼眼の

Well the movie came out today!

It'll be a while before it's released on DVD, let alone in english/fansub. (Months after the DVD release.) So unless you're able to visit a cinema in Japan, I guess the only option available is to sit tight...

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 15:07   Link #80
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

This appears to be for the movie (given the premiere date is noted twice).

4996x2987, 1.8 MB
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, movie, romance, shounen, tsundere