AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 09:14   Link #1341
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The revamped site doesn't indicate the three movies anymore, which means that it's vaporware.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 21:34   Link #1342
BloodyHell

The animation of Canaan is what made me watch Canaan. Now don't get me wrong; I like Canaan. The action scenes are well-done, the art and animation are fantastic, and the characters are interesting, as is the story. But it's played out not unlike a Hollywood action movie with a bit of Japanese storytelling thrown in, which may or may not be your cup of tea. Personally I enjoyed the series' highlights quite a bit, but I can't consider it a classic by any means. Check out a few episodes for yourself, but if you're going into this series hoping for the next Noir, you might want to keep looking.
BloodyHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 23:48   Link #1343
Darthtabby

Canaan's story seemed promising at first, but the writing just seemed to fall apart later on. Had the later episodes delivered on the promise of the early ones I think it could have been great but unfortunately they didn't.

That being said if you're just judging the show by its action scenes there are very few anime that can match it.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 18:27   Link #1344
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Sorry that I got back to this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late. I finally got around to finishing the series sometime early this year. I enjoyed it. It's not the best considering the tropes and plot structure, and animation. I never had a problem with the animation but some people did mainly because anything that's Type-Moon is always done by Ufotable. Compare to stuff I have seen I can still rate the animation in her an 8. Though I do wish they could have pulled more from the story but it really shed some interest into the game (which I've never played). But highly enjoyed it and hopefully I'll give it another spin when I do another shoot out anime fest.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 11:37   Link #1345
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Been trying to find info on Alphard’s true origins.

Looks like the 428 Shibuya Scramble booklet pages have info on Alphard and Canaan.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2021-12-30 at 23:38.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animage, type moon