AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2007-12-01, 22:51   Link #221
Kusaja

Thank the maker that it's only going to be 4 episodes long, if the previous information is correct.

That probably means they won't just slap together the same story we already saw and a different ending (though that probably would still sell, I know)...at the very least, they'll keep the essentials but will have to change a few things and add new details if they want to make it work in such a short time, and that's IMHO very good.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 00:16   Link #222
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, what's also potentially interesting is that they've given the anime the subtitle "~Next Season~". I suppose that could be taken to mean a lot of things...

I've updated the thread title to reflect the official name.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 01:30   Link #223
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Thank the maker that it's only going to be 4 episodes long, if the previous information is correct.

That probably means they won't just slap together the same story we already saw and a different ending (though that probably would still sell, I know)...at the very least, they'll keep the essentials but will have to change a few things and add new details if they want to make it work in such a short time, and that's IMHO very good.
If rumors are true, what you will see is a quick backtrack to just prior of the accident to bring people back up to speed, and then the remainder being the after the accident "what-if" scenario rounding out the show...so very little in the way of rehashing.
Old 2007-12-03, 09:24   Link #224
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
To tell the truth I'm not very excited about this OVA even though KgNE is my favorite anime right now. I've learned to accept the current ending so I'm afraid that I will instinctively hate plot deviations. But after all, this will be the ultimate test for me of some sorts.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 14:21   Link #225
LeviathanX

Actually, I didn't like Mizuki at all ... So I'm really looking forward to this OVA.. I hope that's not such a lame thing as Akane was ...
In my opinion KGNE was great.. and there are a lot of endings in the game. That's why I don't think some variations aren't that bad. It's made as an OVA, so what's wrong ? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Easy, ne ?

That's stated on Animenfo:

Quote:
After three years’ coma, Suzumiya Haruka comes to, but time has deprived her of important things. However, still there is something remains in her. Her lover, Narumi Takayuki, devotes himself to her. They visit various place they rememeber as if they were trying to retrieve lost three years. However, there is a place they keep away from. A phone booth in front of the Hiiragi-cho Station - they cannot approach to the place Haruka had the accident three years ago.
Wonder if that's correct ?!
LeviathanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 12:42   Link #226
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
trailer: http://rapidshare.com/files/74497497...o2_pv.wmv.html

paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 19:36   Link #227
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hummm, looks pretty interesting. Provided my memory serves me right, Haruka's hair was long only after coming out of the hospital. So can we assume the anime is going to do a different take on what happens after Haruka leaves the hospital ? Quite a lot of Takayuki / Haruka focus in there and next to none Mitsuki. .. makes me wonder whether the accident is actually going to come down in a different manner.
Old 2007-12-05, 19:52   Link #228
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
So can we assume the anime is going to do a different take on what happens after Haruka leaves the hospital ?
Yeah, that's basically what the ad-copy says. It's focused on Haruka starting a new life after leaving the hospital, and assuming that Takayuki chose to be with her instead of Mitsuki. So it's sort of a "sequel to an alternate ending". Pretty unusual, but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2007-12-05, 23:40   Link #229
Freeter
beyond

Can't believe it's almost here...seemed like ages when it was first announced.

Not really digging the new style that the OVA has though. Some of the faces look strange, and Takayuki and Shinji somehow became 2x uglier. At least Haruka still looks decent.

Speaking of which, did anyone else think Haruka was about to throw herself onto the train tracks in the beginning of the trailer?
Old 2007-12-06, 01:17   Link #230
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, that's basically what the ad-copy says. It's focused on Haruka starting a new life after leaving the hospital, and assuming that Takayuki chose to be with her instead of Mitsuki. So it's sort of a "sequel to an alternate ending". Pretty unusual, but I'm looking forward to it.
Even better news then, as far as I'm concerned. They'll probably have a fair amount of flashbacks, which is necessary to a certain extent, but the new content should be interesting.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 08:55   Link #231
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Yeah! I also look foward for this OAV.I hate the 1st season anime's ending.I don't like Mitsuki and i feel sorry for Haruka.Loving for Takayuki but been betrayed by him.I hate them both
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 21:23   Link #232
Perishthethought

Kiminozo will always remain my depressing break-up anime (and I don't watch much anime at all) - I usually watch it when I experience heartbreak and as luck would have it that situation has occurred again just as this OVA is upon us. So expect lengthy posts and needlessly elaborate analysis.

With regards to the traiiler, anyone get the impression that he'll end up with Mitsuki again? The memories of her at the aquarium, Haruka looking depressed and disappointed after getting off the train (maybe she thinks he still loves her or something equally as troublesome...). I think the anime may start anywhere from the point at which Haruka woke up to the end/beach scene of the original. You'll notice that Mitsuki has the short hair... So I think Mitsuki and Takayuki will have already had a relationship and that'll be the main cause of drama within the OVA. Whether Haruka knows about it or not will probably be a big issue. I think there's a lot of tension to be had out of her being ignorant of it, and I don't think the writers would pass up that opportunity.

Anticipation reaching fever pitch!
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 21:29   Link #233
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perishthethought View Post
With regards to the traiiler, anyone get the impression that he'll end up with Mitsuki again?
Actually, I doubt that's the case, because...
Spoiler for more ad-copy material:
Old 2007-12-09, 04:47   Link #234
The Aussie

I just watched the trailer for the new OVA, and it could just be me but Takayuki seems to look a lot happier with Haruka than he did with Mitsuki.

Could just be the way the trailer was put together too
The Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 09:24   Link #235
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I hope we wont be getting much "haha i hate mitsuki" coming out of this for no reason

seems like the angst is present even if taka picks haruka - this is going to be interesting ^^ early xmas present

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:32   Link #236
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Anyone mind telling me what episode in the TV series does the accident occur? All I need is a number. I'll be starting KGNE after I've finished DC (which I'll finish when I go home for the holidays).
Old 2007-12-11, 02:05   Link #237
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Anyone mind telling me what episode in the TV series does the accident occur? All I need is a number. I'll be starting KGNE after I've finished DC (which I'll finish when I go home for the holidays).
The second episode.
Old 2007-12-13, 21:44   Link #238
seiji_kun

Seems 3 eps if wikipedia is right. Don't know where the person who put it down got his info from but most of the time it's right.

December 21, 2007
February 26, 2008
April 26, 2008

are the dates of airing, I'm going to be anticipating those eps so much and time is gonna be going so slow :<. Well gonna love watching Harukas end and well I'm glad that both girls get a happy ending in a way tho Haruka was my favourite. It's funny to that once most of us who were displeased and got to terms with the Mitsuki ending get all of a sudden the ending they want.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 14:45   Link #239
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Seems 3 eps if wikipedia is right. Don't know where the person who put it down got his info from but most of the time it's right.

December 21, 2007
February 26, 2008
April 26, 2008

are the dates of airing, I'm going to be anticipating those eps so much and time is gonna be going so slow :<. Well gonna love watching Harukas end and well I'm glad that both girls get a happy ending in a way tho Haruka was my favourite. It's funny to that once most of us who were displeased and got to terms with the Mitsuki ending get all of a sudden the ending they want.
Great! I have been waiting this end for years and I must admit I wasn't quite expecting it much when the original series ended. Nothing would be better than a happier way to end the story for both girls such as what is planned here, no way ever.

I was sad (I even cried for once) when I saw the original Mitsuki ending since Haruka has always been and still is my favorite. But really, to bring the Haruka end was a brillant idea to keep the title alive and well as much as Haruka's character marked a lot of anime fans. I guess I'll shed tears of joy when I'll watch the show.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 23:58   Link #240
Kilvoctu
A Nobody

I'm super excited for this, as well, since I'm also a big Haruka fan. I was actually upset when I watched the show with my friend and he was like, "Yes, a happy ending!". I had to refrain from getting into an argument, but I knew he didn't care for Haruka anyway (so I kept my mouth shut).

I think I'll be watching this alternate ending by myself.
Kilvoctu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, brains base, drama, ova, romance, seinen