AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 61 35.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 23.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 19.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.58%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-12, 16:34   Link #381
Galerian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So your argument then is thus:

You don't need to know all the facts to dislike something UNLESS it concerns someone's right on a board to just say whatever they want in which case it's taboo to even approach the subject. Yeah sure, that makes sense.
No my argument is thus: Sometimes people don't know why they dislike something (hell, I dislike the color green eventhough I look mighty sharp in it) and don't care either (to hell with the color green!). Who are you to say they have no right to dislike something in that manner? Just leave their opinions/feelings/whatever in their value and carry on. It is no biggie.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Galerian; 2008-11-12 at 17:03.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:18   Link #382
nutype
Future MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the end of the day it's a working formula, and for all we know they might not even be stranded on an island, do we? Watch the episode before you jump on it.

Plus, there's an episode like that from the original Gundam (which Tomino hates), so it's not like it was used first in Gundam SEED.
i think people are just not getting it.

Forget the island. My point is that Sunrise is abusing this whole concept of trapping a couple together with nobody else. It doesnt matter if the couple is stranded on an island or at an abandoned walmart, are you people really this dense?


I dont care if this is something that hasnt been done in virtually every gundam. My points still stands as it has been done numerous times. It was done in seed, code geass and just when I was starting to hope they wouldnt pull this cliche out again they did it. My point clearly stands just like my masked man point stands. Repetition is not something good for captivating an audience it should be avoided when possible.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:26   Link #383
nutype
Future MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
No my argument is thus: Sometimes people don't know why they dislike something (hell, I dislike the color green eventhough I look mighty sharp in it) and don't care either (to hell with the color green!). Who are you to say they have no right to dislike something in that manner? Just leave their opinions/feelings/whatever in their value and carry on. It is no biggie.

I'll leave it at that.



I'm sorry but this is intellectually bankrupt. The fact that you cant point out what you dislike or like about something doesnt mean we should applaud this kind of anti-intelligent rhetoric. You can say that green looks good on you or seeing green gives you pleasure or green makes you remember past event that were pleasant etc etc etc. Failing to come up with reasoning behind decisions does not make them any more acceptable. Your argument fails hard.

I think you are a troll, a one that is pretty self deluded too. Let's just leave it at that.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:42   Link #384
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
are you people really this dense?
No we're not dense at all.

It is clearly obvious that sunrise using the concept of 'two characters stranded together' over and over annoys you, though have you ever stopped to think that it has nothing to do with sunrise? At the end of the day it's the director/scrip writers who decide what happens, and they're all different people who worked on each show that you mentioned.

I'm not going to argue, 'cause it's not going to get us anywhere. You stay hating sunrise for doing what they're doing, and i'll enjoy it.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:50   Link #385
Galerian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
You can say that green looks good on you or seeing green gives you pleasure or green makes you remember past event that were pleasant etc etc etc.

I think you are a troll, a one that is pretty self deluded too. Let's just leave it at that.
New people, new reply:

But I DON'T like the color green. Eventhough I look good in it (based on accounts by other people), I don't FEEL comfortable wearing it. This doesn't make sense and thus by your reasoning I am wrong. Yet I FEEL right. Now if this was an important matter of life: I might go out of my way and spend years upon years to find out exactly why I dislike green. I could consult all kind of experts. Yet I chose not to care that much and live happily on.

Same principe applies to anime episode. I know I dislike/like something when I see it. I respectfully post on the forum: "well, I didn't like this episode and leave it at that because I have other things on my mind" >> INTERNET TRANSLATION >> "what a trainwreck!" (It is the internet: watcha gonna do.) Does this make me less right? Does this make my dislike of the episode any less real than when I had posted a 500 word entry on it? I don't think so.

Am I troll? I never start these kind of discussions. But when some one else says people are
Quote:
rabid and irrational
, I take up the gauntlet because I disagree. You suffer from the same arrogance: it's perfectly okay to reason people are rabid and irrational, but when some one argues against it you shout: TROLL!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:02   Link #386
nutype
Future MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
New people, new reply:

But I DON'T like the color green. Eventhough I look good in it (based on accounts by other people), I don't FEEL comfortable wearing it. This doesn't make sense and thus by your reasoning I am wrong. Yet I FEEL right. Now if this was an important matter of life: I might go out of my way and spend years upon years to find out exactly why I dislike green. I could consult all kind of experts. Yet I chose not to care that much and live happily on.

Same principe applies to anime episode. I know I dislike/like something when I see it. I respectfully post on the forum: "well, I didn't like this episode and leave it at that because I have other things on my mind" >> INTERNET TRANSLATION >> "what a trainwreck!" (It is the internet: watcha gonna do.) Does this make me less right? Does this make my dislike of the episode any less real than when I had posted a 500 word entry on it? I don't think so.

Am I troll? I never start these kind of discussions. But when some one else says people are , I take up the gauntlet because I disagree. You suffer from the same arrogance: it's perfectly okay to reason people are rabid and irrational, but when some one argues against it you shout: TROLL!

You are essentially saying that how you feel is a better justification for liking/not liking than say LOGIC AND REASON. You are actually saying your emotions trump logic & reasoning and that actions and decisions based on emotions are solid justification. (whether you are smart enough to recognize this or not this is what you are saying)

Then you defend this outrageous stance without any rational at all. That's called being a troll.

Yes you are a troll. Ive never seen you post before so i have no bias against you but it's clear to me from your posts that you are one.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:14   Link #387
Galerian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
You are essentially saying that how you feel is a better justification for liking/not liking than say LOGIC AND REASON. You are actually saying your emotions trump logic & reasoning and that actions and decisions based on emotions are solid justification. (whether you are smart enough to recognize this or not this is what you are saying)
Sure. Ever heard about a thing called love. Same principle. I am not saying logic and reason should be thrown out of the window, but sometimes feelings are enough to determine wether you like or dislike something.

And of course you think I am trolling. I wouldn't expect otherwise.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:19   Link #388
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
Sure. Ever heard about a thing called love. Same principle. I am not saying logic and reason should be thrown out of the window, but sometimes feelings are enough to determine wether you like or dislike something.

And of course you think I am trolling. I wouldn't expect otherwise.
This is a discussion board. You should present logical reasons behind why you like or dislike something or else you're not contributing anything to the discussion. Thereby being a troll.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:57   Link #389
nutype
Future MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
Sure. Ever heard about a thing called love. Same principle. I am not saying logic and reason should be thrown out of the window, but sometimes feelings are enough to determine wether you like or dislike something.

And of course you think I am trolling. I wouldn't expect otherwise.
I guess this response is the closest thing resembling "you utterly owned me" on this forum. The funny thing is there is no shame in being wrong but everyone thinks it's a fate as bad as death. I for one would like a world where a kind of intellectual honesty is promoted where anyone can be happy to be proved wrong so we can just avoid the BS which wastes everyone's time and get to the truth of the matter.

btw I dont think that makes love any more justifiable if it is simply based on feelings and emotions. It should be based on logic and reasoning as well but this isnt the case for many people. People are swayed by emotions and come up with reasoning to back up their feelings later - a kind of backwards rationalization.



how logical people think:
think -> feel-> act

wow he's rich, good looking, a rockstar -> feel -> act

an example of backwards rationalization:

feel -> think -> act

he makes me feel good -> *make up reasons to like him* -> act


there is no way emotional attachment to something can be said to be justifiable cause over simple logic and reasoning. There is no argument you can make to say that emotion somehow improves your reasoning alone. By letting your emotions trump logic and reason you are making yourself prone to error and more likelier to be manipulated by people around you.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 19:05   Link #390
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 32
Hey guys, how about we talk about something that's related to episode 06 of Gundam 00?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 19:32   Link #391
voanh99
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Okay then, I have a question:

Does CB crew (aside from Setsuna and maybe Sumeragi) know that Lyle is from Kataron? Previously I don't think so, but somehow Lyle's action in this ep (particularly when Lyle's interference when the Kataron guys are interrogating Tieria and Alle) just make me think that CB knows about this.
voanh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 19:33   Link #392
tlkris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Saw episode 6.... Hmmm, is it possible sometime down the future that Soma (Marie) may join Celestial Being. Maybe even pilot a Gundam. She seems to be a better pilot than Allelujah. Something to throw out there.
tlkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 20:52   Link #393
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by voanh99 View Post
Okay then, I have a question:

Does CB crew (aside from Setsuna and maybe Sumeragi) know that Lyle is from Kataron? Previously I don't think so, but somehow Lyle's action in this ep (particularly when Lyle's interference when the Kataron guys are interrogating Tieria and Alle) just make me think that CB knows about this.
So far only Setsuna (and possibly Sumeragi) knows. I have no idea why Setsuna doesn't inform them about Lyle's secret job
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 21:33   Link #394
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 31
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Man,I really started to hate the guy who slap Sergei.Hopefully someone kill him with a nice flashy move.Anyway I've got a feeling Soma won't join CB but she will join Kataron.Maybe CB will help Kataron acquire some GN Drive equip MS.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 21:43   Link #395
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 31
I like how the series is tearing apart some of the characters.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 22:17   Link #396
Lostdreams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Shoot Saji shoot!!!
That's all I want to say about this episode.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 22:51   Link #397
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
He'll shoot no doubt, but he'll missed .. or someone (Andrei) will bail Louise out.. both will be alive tho.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 23:10   Link #398
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
8/10

It feels like a slow ep after those fast paced episodes.

Irony Saji vs. Louise

Saji's thoughts about pulling the trigger really seems to mirror Hal/Allelujah conflict in S1

00 seems to have a problem. When he kicked Bushido's A-head, it seems it froze. Also, Setsuna looks worried before going Trans-Am.

Quantum Brain Waves could sense people's emotions. Reminds me of Newtypes.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 23:20   Link #399
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
8/10

It feels like a slow ep after those fast paced episodes.

Irony Saji vs. Louise

Saji's thoughts about pulling the trigger really seems to mirror Hal/Allelujah conflict in S1

00 seems to have a problem. When he kicked Bushido's A-head, it seems it froze. Also, Setsuna looks worried before going Trans-Am.

Quantum Brain Waves could sense people's emotions. Reminds me of Newtypes.
The quantum brain waves is pretty interesting because Nena Trinity has it, but she can also hacked into Veda and avoid detection of the Innovators. So what is she, a hybrid of Innovator and super soldier?
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 23:33   Link #400
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
8/10

It feels like a slow ep after those fast paced episodes.

Irony Saji vs. Louise

Saji's thoughts about pulling the trigger really seems to mirror Hal/Allelujah conflict in S1

00 seems to have a problem. When he kicked Bushido's A-head, it seems it froze. Also, Setsuna looks worried before going Trans-Am.

Quantum Brain Waves could sense people's emotions. Reminds me of Newtypes.
Setsuna worried? Nah. Old dude already told him not to use it in ep 2 and he still used it.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.